Adsl In Cm Which One?

Donnyboy

Meadish,

Thanks for the well written and informative msgs.

Does anyone know of a "coverage map" for TRUE cable, or a phone # to someone at TRUE who actually knows what they're talking about?

FWIW, I got a TT&T line a couple years ago, after being gaffed off by TOT for months. My first ISP with the TT&T line was crap. Early this year I swutched to TT&T Maxnet as ISP and [knocking on wood] ut's cooking right along. Consistent 256 each way and only one outtage more tan a minute or two.

FWIW2, After reading reviews on the web, I got a LinkSys WAG354G WAP and it's pretty slick. The "setup wizard" wouldn't do anything useful but the browser interface was a walk in the park.

I'm now going through the drill of building an antenna to extend the range.

For best results, have a Thai friend call and ask.

When it comes to something as simple as coverage area, they do know what they are talking about, but they need to hear the questions in clear and concise Thai. You could also go to their office in person. It is located on the outer side of the moat in a soi on the same side as Computer Plaza and Icon Square, before you reach Chang Phueak Market.

Good thread

Maybe someone can help me with my specific situation.

I have 512 DSL thru Maxnet/TTT. Works great and very reliable. The thing is for work I need more speed and at least the same reliability.

I am at Hillside 4 on Huay Kaew. Anyone make a recommendation to going to 1mb or higher from where I am? Anyone else do this recently?

Good thread

I have 512 DSL thru Maxnet/TTT. Works great and very reliable. The thing is for work I need more speed and at least the same reliability.

I am at Hillside 4 on Huay Kaew. Anyone make a recommendation to going to 1mb or higher from where I am? Anyone else do this recently?

I have Maxnet ADSL and am going to take the modem back and ram it where it will get dirty. Sometimes I cannot get online for hours and just now I used their website to check the speed and it told me I was connected at 32.40kbps which is slower than a modem. I accept that I have the cheapest package as I am only a single home user but I expect to have a connection. If a file is over about 100MB there is no way I can download it as the connection cannot stay up long enough to download the file and I have to keep starting again.

I will have to cancel this service and will try some others but I am not sure who yet. I do not expect rocket speeds etc. but I do want something good enough to use.

Good thread

I have Maxnet ADSL and am going to take the modem back and ram it where it will get dirty. Sometimes I cannot get online for hours and just now I used their website to check the speed and it told me I was connected at 32.40kbps which is slower than a modem. I accept that I have the cheapest package as I am only a single home user but I expect to have a connection. If a file is over about 100MB there is no way I can download it as the connection cannot stay up long enough to download the file and I have to keep starting again.

I will have to cancel this service and will try some others but I am not sure who yet. I do not expect rocket speeds etc. but I do want something good enough to use.

32? You lucky thing. I've had it as low as 1.5kbps!!! Generally, mornings and late at night the speed is fairly good, but during the day and when the kids are off school it's pretty dire. I binned the Billion modem they supplied and got a router... worked much better after that and no need to keep reconnecting when the line dropped; also more security.

Get them to send an engineer out, he'll go through all your connections and then check the ADSL signal. What happens next I don't know, but you've got more chance of getting anywhere if he tells the office you defo have a problem.

Good thread

As a conclusion I finally got hooked up after waiting 3 days, but thats ok as it was for a new house. I went to TT&T and Im on Maxnet and did a check on bandwith

Your current bandwidth reading is:

305.00kbps

which means you can download at 38.13 KB/sec. from our servers.

so am I getting done as well? What can I do to crank this up. Maybe the lines run in the house arent too good.

Good thread

As a conclusion I finally got hooked up after waiting 3 days, but thats ok as it was for a new house. I went to TT&T and Im on Maxnet and did a check on bandwith

Your current bandwidth reading is:

305.00kbps

which means you can download at 38.13 KB/sec. from our servers.

so am I getting done as well? What can I do to crank this up. Maybe the lines run in the house arent too good.

That's about all you'll likely going to get on a 512/256 package - maxnet for home that is. The fastest I've ever recorded was about 420, but in the daytime it usually hovers somewhere between 100 and 200, often dipping below dial-up speeds.