Satellite TV - CTH

Will27

Greetings Trend Setters

Currently have True Visions Platinum which at 2155 Baht per month,

is a bit of a waste seeing as I mostly just watch National Geographic,

History Channel and the BBC. The movie channels are ordinary at best

due to censorship.

Was out and about last week and saw a dish with CTH on it. I'd heard

of them before as I read that they now have the English Premier League.

I didn't realize they were available in CR, so I thought I'd have a look at them:

http://www.cth.co.th/home/

The movies channels are pretty much the same as True, but they have the

the Fox Crime channel and the Crime & Investigation channel which both look

rather good.

I'm not interested in the EPL but they have Fox Sports which has the UFC on.

They also have the Australian Network Channel for the Aussies out there.

Anyway, they came out and installed the dish today. So far, it's looking pretty good.

Signed up for the 899 per month package which seems to be pretty good value.

There's not much that I will miss about True, if anything, so will have them both for a

few months to compare. More than likely will then cut True.

Anyway, just letting you know that there is an alternative to True.

• Like 1

Good to hear this as I'm about fed up with True. I've used them for many years only because there wasn't an alternative, but now might be time to take my business elsewhere. Judging by the lackadasical attitude by

most of their office workers they won't care if business walks out the door

anyway.......TIT

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I had CTH installed just before the start of the English Premier League season, and I have to say that I have zero complaints about either the installation or the service.

I really only got it for the football, but there are some decent programs on the other channels also, and a couple of very good kids TV channels. There are some things I still need True for, but it's nice that there is a better quality alternative now.

Was there an installation cost?

The installation guys (there's always several), charged 1000 Baht upfront

plus there was a bill for 3723 Baht for the deposit of the STB and dish,

first months rent and a month in advance that has to be paid within 7 days I think.

To be honest, I'm not too sure about the 1000 Baht paid in the hand,

but I let the wife deal with all of that stuff, mostly.

Really enjoying the CI channel so far.

I don't need EPL but do they have the regular UK channels and Sky News?

Cricket would be a bonus.

If you aren't interested in the football then GMM would be a better option, 499baht per month which includes Sky News, Nat Geo, Fox Crime and many more including quite a few sports channels which various sports inc cricket.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Was there an installation cost?

The installation guys (there's always several), charged 1000 Baht upfront

plus there was a bill for 3723 Baht for the deposit of the STB and dish,

first months rent and a month in advance that has to be paid within 7 days I think.

To be honest, I'm not too sure about the 1000 Baht paid in the hand,

but I let the wife deal with all of that stuff, mostly.

Really enjoying the CI channel so far.

Thanks Will, I've already got more satellite dishes out the back than a drone launching base but I suspect they will want a new one.

my biggest bugbear to most of these new type boxes is you are not able to customize them... or can you ?

up to a couple of years ago the Dreambox and Skybox you could arrange what you wanted to watch and put them in order...

watch over the internet via a pc...

So have looked a friend has CTH, if I could customize the order than maybe would have this package.. eg: would put in position No: 1 Fox Crimes, 2, C.I. 3 Bio. and so on, but could not find where you can do this ? I have loads of these in my PC Bookmarks, so very easy to click and watch.. [lots are live, also in HD] to have to use a remote and forward 200 channels to find a repeat is a pain to have to go back again to a different channel.... my friends box/remote appear to be the same as other posters in another thread have said, very slow action, and has a mind or its own, I am sure would drive me mad

If you aren't interested in the football then GMM would be a better option, 499baht per month which includes Sky News, Nat Geo, Fox Crime and many more including quite a few sports channels which various sports inc cricket.

Does GMM get the motor racing IE F1 , Moto Gp etc??? Also any discovery ??/ Turbo etc ??? Thanks !!

Does GMM get the motor racing IE F1 , Moto Gp etc??? Also any discovery ??/ Turbo etc ??? Thanks !!

Clicking the links provide in this thread will give you a complete list of available channels.wink.png

• Like 1

What cricket do they have - will they be showing the ashes series in Australia and if so, what channel would this be on?

GMM has Star Sports and Fox sports which shows F1 and MotoGP, will let you know re Ashes in a few days. No discovery turbo but Nat Geo adventures and nat geo wild plus many more, 499baht is for all of their channels so quite a good deal.

GMM has Star Sports and Fox sports which shows F1 and MotoGP, will let you know re Ashes in a few days. No discovery turbo but Nat Geo adventures and nat geo wild plus many more, 499baht is for all of their channels so quite a good deal.

Cheers for the info!!

If you could let me know about the cricket that would be very helpful.

Steve.

What cricket do they have - will they be showing the ashes series in Australia and if so, what channel would this be on?

AFAIK, no satellite company in CR shows the cricket.

True Visions and CTH also have Star Sports and Fox and

neither show it.

I purchased a STB from Bkk last year where I could watch

the cricket on PTV channel but they changed the satellite after

a month and that was the end of it.

AFAIK, no satellite company in CR shows the cricket.

True Visions and CTH also have Star Sports and Fox and

neither show it.

I purchased a STB from Bkk last year where I could watch

the cricket on PTV channel but they changed the satellite after

a month and that was the end of it.

That's a shame!!

Just as I feared - thanks for letting me know.

Thanks for the info, sounds like a good deal, except not heard of them, where do I start?

Edited by Bpuumike

You buy a GMM Box, around 1000baht, from powerbuyor similar then get it hooked up to a dish then every month pay the 499baht at 7/11 which is their complete package, cheaper if you want less channels. If you want to know a guy who can provide the box and dish and do the set-up message me.

GMMZ is the TV broadcasting side of Grammy which is a major production facility here in Thailand and they have there own free and pay channels and normal free to air on both C band and Ku band using Thaicom 5/6 at 78 degrees so you can use current antenna/s and just buy there box to replace True and many others using that bird. They have two receivers available for pay channels with a 'combination offer' on the HD version making it as cheap as the lower priced 'Smart' receiver (the contract is one year of Gold service but you can also upgrade to the more expensive 499 per month paying monthly or yearly (and believe other options) with full credit and this box sells from 9sat for 2,500 baht include contract. Even without any payment you have more than 200 channels available with basic box if using C-band antenna.

Below is the pay channel list as posted by LB earlier.

http://www.gmmz.tv/package.html

You buy a GMM Box, around 1000baht, from powerbuyor similar then get it hooked up to a dish then every month pay the 499baht at 7/11 which is their complete package, cheaper if you want less channels. If you want to know a guy who can provide the box and dish and do the set-up message me.

Thanks for that.

The house is up in Kalasin si will have to DIY.

the one I normally watch for ALL types of Sports http://www.vipboxsports.me/ also free

Be aware that downloading above site may infect your computer with hao CRAP site that takes over your home page....you can get rid of it but it is a pain in the butt....

Never downloaded the desktop App, just use the LIVE links when Motor Racing is on, works well used for almost 2 years

Thanks for that.

The house is up in Kalasin si will have to DIY.

If you have the antenna already it is an easy plug and play operation. Just bought an HD w/Gold one year package receiver from 9sat yesterday at 2,500 (moto delivered/paid here in Bangkok for extra fee) and it immediately OTA tuned in all fee stations (and set built in clock) and in evening call was made to activate the package and was working in minutes (all channels for fist month and then return to the normal limited channels for Gold package). At any rate easy nothing to adjust or set up - just plug in, attach antenna and video to TV (either HDMI or AVI - both cords included). If you do need antenna best to have someone do what with portable receiver to get it on target.

Edited by lopburi3
correct all channels information

the one I normally watch for ALL types of Sports http://www.vipboxsports.me/ also free

Be aware that downloading above site may infect your computer with hao CRAP site that takes over your home page....you can get rid of it but it is a pain in the butt....

Never downloaded the desktop App, just use the LIVE links when Motor Racing is on, works well used for almost 2 years

Took me almost an hour to get the damn HAO homepage hijack out of my computer.