UKTV now available on Android devices

sumrit

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this UKTV the same as the World Wide UK TV? The WWUKTV has som many more programmes?

No it's different. You do NOT need an expensive box to connect AND you can look back up to 7 days and record directly from the software (windows software) .

Sometimes quality is better than quantity (saying that I do hope that UKTV add some more channels)

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Is this UKTV the same as the World Wide UK TV? The WWUKTV has som many more programmes?

No it's different. You do NOT need an expensive box to connect AND you can look back up to 7 days and record directly from the software (windows software) .

Sometimes quality is better than quantity (saying that I do hope that UKTV add some more channels)

Thanks casualbiker. I already have the android box. Does anyone have experience with the World Wide UK TV?

• 1 month later...

I downloaded today the expat tv player and UKTV players and the UKTV player is way better as mentioned, I got the UKTV player from a download link in another thread but haven't been able to find the android UKTV player. I'd be grateful if someone could provide a link for the android apk?

I think you only get the Android apk with the Android box or with the extra 600b monthly fee.. not sure though!

The UKTV Android app doesn't work anymore.

Edited by casualbiker

This is not correct. I use the UKTV android app and it even self updated to a latest version last week for me. It is far more reliable than the Thai.Expat.tv android app. The key advantages of UKTV android app I found are:

1. UKTV android app allows skip forward backward in a playback program, and I cannot find this functionality anywhere on the Thai.Expat.tv android app!

2. The UKTV android doesn't crash out as often, and if is does using point 1 above, can recover to where the cut happened. With the Thai.Expat.tv android app one has to start the whole program again and hope it doesn't crash again!?!

(I do prefer the Windows version of Thai.Expat.tv for ease of use/speed though I don't record stuff myself.)

This is not correct. I use the UKTV android app and it even self updated to a latest version last week for me. It is far more reliable than the Thai.Expat.tv android app. The key advantages of UKTV android app I found are:

1. UKTV android app allows skip forward backward in a playback program, and I cannot find this functionality anywhere on the Thai.Expat.tv android app!

2. The UKTV android doesn't crash out as often, and if is does using point 1 above, can recover to where the cut happened. With the Thai.Expat.tv android app one has to start the whole program again and hope it doesn't crash again!?!

(I do prefer the Windows version of Thai.Expat.tv for ease of use/speed though I don't record stuff myself.)

My apologies I was using the original app which stopped working!

Yes, share please. They just sent me a link to http://m.eplayer.asia which is nowhere as good as the Windows app.

That's all they sent me, which is what I refer to in my previous post. I have tried the TETVX23.apk linked on this thread - didn't know it existed before, but even though it looks good on my Android devices, it doesn't keep the screen alive for some reason, so a fail so far and back to UKTVSetup.apk.

I hope I'm not breaking an T&Cs by posting it here so here goes:

https://www.thaiexpat.tv/dl/uktv/UKTVSetup.apk

https://www.thaiexpat.tv/dl/android/TETVX23.apk

When I try this UKTVSetup.apk it installs then upgrades to newer version.

When I try the TETVX23.apk it works partly on my Samsung tablets, but doesn't keep the screen awake. On my TV android box it doesn't work, select a channel after install and blank! Back to using UKTV or the web interface crap on the TETV android.

TETVX23 works on my Nexus 7 (2012) and my Geniatech ATV 1200 TV box.

An older version had sound but no picture on my TV box . Thanks to the OP for getting me to try it again.

I'll be buying an Amlogic S802-H box this summer, Minix or Tronsmart so hopefully it will work on that too.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

TETVX23 works on my Nexus 7 (2012) and my Geniatech ATV 1200 TV box.

An older version had sound but no picture on my TV box . Thanks to the OP for getting me to try it again.

I'll be buying an Amlogic S802-H box this summer, Minix or Tronsmart so hopefully it will work on that too.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Previously I was told by TETV that they only support Android on their own box - and I have no intention of buying that, so all other devices are hit and miss. The recommended I stick with UKTV.

When I got my ExpatTV box a year ago they said NOT to update the Android software, or I will lose everything. From what I can make out here, it seems people load all kinds of programs on their TV boxes. Does it mean that I can update the software?

When I got my ExpatTV box a year ago they said NOT to update the Android software, or I will lose everything. From what I can make out here, it seems people load all kinds of programs on their TV boxes. Does it mean that I can update the software?

I think if you update it you will loose your log in settings on the pre-loaded android box. I have recently upgraded to their dual core black box. It's excellent! Thoroughly recommended if you are using the old white one.

• Like 1