Phuket Police arrest American man for sexual assault on a 13-year-old girl

webfact

Phuket Police arrest American man for sexual assault on a 13-year-old girl
Phuket Gazette

usa.jpg
American fugitive Forrest Wayne (left) is taken into custody by Phuket Police. Photo: Patong Police

PHUKET: Police arrested an American man wanted for the alleged sexual assault of a 13-year-old girl in Houston, Texas, earlier this year.

Fitness instructor Forrest Wayne, 41, was taken into custody in Patong one day after the Phuket authorities received a notice from the US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).

“On Saturday night, we received a notification from the FBI to search for Mr Wayne,” said Lt Col Somsak Tongkliang of the Patong Police. “We found him Sunday morning.”

After confirming Mr Wayne’s identity, Patong Police handed him over to Phuket Immigration.

The Houston Police Department issued a wanted notice for Mr Wayne last Wednesday after charging the fugitive in absentia (story here).

In a public statement, the Houston Police said that Mr Wayne befriended the 13-year-old female victim in July while he was working as a fitness instructor.

“He used text messages and phone calls to start a relationship with the girl. That relationship led to Forrest engaging in multiple sexual encounters with the victim at a hotel located in the 9500 block of the Katy Freeway,” the statement read.

Mr Wayne then fled to Thailand.

“We found that he had entered Thailand on November 1,” Col Somsak told the Phuket Gazette.

Capt Angkarn Yasanop at Phuket Immigration told the Gazette this morning, “We have yet to deport Mr Wayne. We are contacting the US agencies on how and when he will be deported.”

Capt Angkarn declined to comment any further.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Phuket-Police-arrest-American-fitness-instructor-for-child-sex-assault-22815.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-11-18

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhhhhh.........pure ambrosia to the "Hang 'em high" and "Cut his nuts off" brigade.

Hoping that you do not not condone his actions and you also believe that punishment should fit the crime ..hang em high and/or cut his nuts off are very appropriate punishment IMO

• Like 1

Ahhhhhh.........pure ambrosia to the "Hang 'em high" and "Cut his nuts off" brigade.

So whats your input for the topic ?

None. My point is that I know in advance exactly what the gist of every future post will be.

Posters will try and "outdo" each other on what punishment is deserved. Bye.

So why read it and post.............coffee1.gif

Because I can and felt like it.

Gotta problem with that?

• Like 2

Good thing that the Thai police followed up on an international request. Really positive development.

Putting things in perspective (not condoning....in the slightest) 13 is the legal age in a surprising amount of countries in the world (just not the States or Thailand). Chile (and a few others) have it set at 12!!!!

From my own perspective I feel that the staggered model (16 but 14 for under 18s (i.e. if you are 14 and your partner is 16 then that is fine)) is the most respectful, supportive and mature.

• Like 1

I can't read this forum very often. it is shocking and depressing. I am so surprised to see stories published here when people have not yet been convicted of anything but their name and photo are published. I think there are no sensible laws in Thailand about the media being responsible. If this guy is guilty it is good that he was caught but shouldn't his crime be shown true before his information is released? This forum is just as bad because the owner puts these stories here. I think the owner of this forum does not believe in karma because doing this will give him very bad karma. Maybe he will be accused of some awful crime when really innocent but his picture will be published and his name will be be destroyed yet he didn't do anything. It is sad to see that few people here care about what is fair. People here just decide he's guilty without really knowing anything. It seems that very many people at this forum are very unhappy and like to see bad things happen to other people. Why is that?

I hope people can see that I am not trying to help this man in the story but I don't like to see the media make someone guilty before he has gone to court.

The UK Jimmy Saville inquiry has rooted out many big names involved in ''perhaps'' similar stuff. They have all been named in the press BEFORE trial.

I think that is only because they are big name celebrities. People who go into show business know they are giving up their privacy and they are treated differently. I don't think the same is true for common people. If I was the owner of this forum I would not put these stories here until the people are proven to be guilty.

I can't read this forum very often. it is shocking and depressing. I am so surprised to see stories published here when people have not yet been convicted of anything but their name and photo are published. I think there are no sensible laws in Thailand about the media being responsible. If this guy is guilty it is good that he was caught but shouldn't his crime be shown true before his information is released? This forum is just as bad because the owner puts these stories here. I think the owner of this forum does not believe in karma because doing this will give him very bad karma. Maybe he will be accused of some awful crime when really innocent but his picture will be published and his name will be be destroyed yet he didn't do anything. It is sad to see that few people here care about what is fair. People here just decide he's guilty without really knowing anything. It seems that very many people at this forum are very unhappy and like to see bad things happen to other people. Why is that?

I hope people can see that I am not trying to help this man in the story but I don't like to see the media make someone guilty before he has gone to court.

He was 'charged in absentia' with aggravated sex assault of a child.

He ran to Thailand,instead of going to court......now he goes back to face up to what he has done.

• Like 1

I prefer the protection of victims not perpetrators protection as it is in the Stupid Europe !!!!!!
  • Like 2

So many of these arrests done by Thai police on behalf of American, European and Australian police. Quite often the ones arrested here were already convicted but they seem to slip through the incompetent fingers of these allegedly superior policing and immigrations operations in the other countries ... even though they seem to be able to track them down somewhat belatedly ...

...or could it be rampant corruption back in farang utopia??

The Metropolitan Police is descending into what is possibly the most serious crisis in its existence.

It is being all but swamped by one claim of misconduct or cover-up after another, which add up to a devastating and fundamental indictment of the force.

In recent months, there has been a relentless series of scandals involving the police, with most of them swirling around the Met.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2357977/A-vicious-crime-boss-corrupt-police-cronies-scandal-buried-ever.html#ixzz2kzR3GT71

I have to wonder why the OP was reported in the first place, possibly as a deterrent to this seasons tourists, more ethnically balanced reporting perhaps or maybe just a quiet news day, given that such things are virtually the norm amongst the more established indigenous population, dunno.

This one is maybe the 3rd or 4th article about sexual assault on a child that I have read in maybe two weeks. Makes me truly curious what is wrong with a man who cannot find satisfaction in having sex with a mature woman instead he is into kids. What is wrong with people.

So whats your input for the topic ?

None. My point is that I know in advance exactly what the gist of every future post will be.

Posters will try and "outdo" each other on what punishment is deserved. Bye.

So why read it and post.............coffee1.gif

So he can prove how smart he is by pointing out that the hang-em high brigade have posted... Just for the benefit for those who for whatever reason don't read the majority of comments and skip straight to post number 6...