American assaulted in Nongkee, in coma

rfhendrix

An American husband of a Thai wife was assaulted by a gang of teenage motorcyclests as he was riding his motorcycle home from work. He was struck several times on the head and elsewhere on his body with bear bottles. When he fell to the ground he was surrounded by the thugs and kicked. He is the father of two young boys. It is not known at this time if he will live or if he will suffer permanant brain damage. Earlier in the day he apparantly confronted a teenager who stole his wallet and he took the wallet back from him. The police think that incident is related and I believe that teenager is in custody. This family is our neighbor in Nongkee and our friends in the United States. Please pray for this man and his beautiful family.

• Like 1

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have the stomach for it then give it some publicity in the US. It's the only way you will stimulate an official reaction here that might lead to punishment sufficiently appropriate to the heinous and cowardly nature of such an attack. Ba$tard$.

Fingers crossed - I hope your friend fully recovers.

One American getting assaulted won't make the national headlines back in the US. But if we know where he's from many of us can contact the local news media in his home to get some attention.

News in the US tends to be very local, but this kind of stuff will make the evening news on his local TV station

• Like 2

I hope he will recover completely. I hope he's not at a hospital with all the other patients with serious diseases. Pretty common here, as they don't have the cash and rooms to separate them.

The next problem will be that relatives have to wash him, etc....

It might be helpful to get another doctor's opinion, -wai2.gif

Yes ,The incident did happen in Nong Ki............The story I've heard is no where near the same as in the OP,happening in or around the Annual Boxing Event.If its the guy I think it is his name is Kevin appx age early thirties......as far as I know he is in Buriram Hospital,condition currently unknown.

• Like 2

Yes ,The incident did happen in Nong Ki............The story I've heard is no where near the same as in the OP,happening in or around the Annual Boxing Event.If its the guy I think it is his name is Kevin appx age early thirties......as far as I know he is in Buriram Hospital,condition currently unknown.

Yes, this is the same man. Please fill us in if you have different information than I have received through my wife. Also it appears they have caught the boys who did it. I was sent a photo of 10 teenagers who appear to be as young as 13 in the police station that supposedly confessed. I just talked with his wife a few minutes ago and he is doing a little better but still in a coma with his lungs filling with water and some other complications. I don't know if photos are allowed here.

I remember in my early days in Thailand a Thai gf took me to a night festival in a local town near her village in Nakhon Panhom. After having a good time there for a couple of hours she got very worried and said we have to leave ... now!!. I was enjoying clocking the Coyote dancers and there were a whole bunch of us, so I resisted for half an hour. She got highly agitated (there were lots of young boys on Hondas) telling me there was going to be trouble. Finally I relented and she told me to go out of the town on a back road. She got that bit wrong - we came across a gang all parked up with what looked like a dead gang member (subsequently confirmed) lying in the road.

That was when I realised that you could not treat living in Thailand too casually.

I hope these villains get punished to the full extend of the law :(

I send my blessings to the man in hospital and hope he comes out with a full recovery !

Don't worry, I am sure they will be punished to the full extend of the law, which for assault is a 500 baht fine. That is for grown ups though, not sure about the penalty for minors.

The guy Kevin Wall IS NOT the same Kevin I thought it was..............This guy has only recently started teaching at a local school in Nong Ki,I have never met him,,,,but the incident appears to have taken place in the fourcourt of the PT petrol station opp the boxing venue...........Lets hope he get s better & makes a full recovery.

WB, Its Gang Mentality...

A lot of young criminals are causing problems in Thailand , Now , an attack in Phuket, Shooting of a Security Guard at the PIER Nightclub in Pattaya because he was denied entry, What's going on...is Yabba or Meth causing these problems or is it Teen Angst.

• Like 1

At least he is getting a little better.

I still can't get my head around how people can take violence to that extend. It is sickening just to imagine.

It would make me reluctant to 'retrieve' stolen belongings. You never expect it to happen to you.

I suspect there is more to this story than we are being told, not that the lack of information excuses the violence.

Lets assume, teenage punks being raised and spoiled by grandparents while their own parents are off working elsewhere.

No discipline and no role model to follow, the only discipline they get comes from other Thais of the same ilk

Jealousy bitterness and resentment setting in, no skills to offer so therefore unemployed, just a matter of time before they make their way to such places as Pattaya where there are bigger fish to fry.

• Like 1

I've read your comments and I'm seriously concerned about the statement that he's got water in his lungs. As I'd already mentioned, this would make him to an ICU patient, where many other patients with various other infectious diseases are.

Buri Ram hospital is similar to Sisaket hospital. Incompetent doctors, nurses etc..Many of these hospitals only have a just graduated "doctor", who was sent to a province. Those doctors don't know much about what they're doing.

They've got way too many patients and relatives have to stay there to wash them ,etc....

Is there any possibility to get him into a better hospital, maybe with the American embassy's help? I know that there's an organization called DHV, but that's for German citizens. There must be something else to get him out of there......

I went through all that with a good friend of mine who then passed away in the hospital of Ubon Ratchathani. He had several viruses from other patients next to him.

Radar's story is also one that made many really sad. He had an operation, after they'd injected some medicine, he fell into a coma and died about a year later.

Radar's Harley Davidson is owned by a Thai guy now, who used this situation and payed his gf almost nothing.Mr. Green, the owner of Ex "sugar pub" in Sisaket.

Wish that he fully recovers, as I know how difficult it is to deal with such circumstances.-wai2.gif

Edited by sirchai