American assaulted in Nongkee, in coma

rfhendrix

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Thailand. Photographed and publicly exposed before trial is the norm, usually with PC Plod pointing at the accused to give guilt and added veracity.

Not defending it, just saying.

However in this instance there is no way to assure -- other than assuming good faith -- that the picture posted has anything to do with the case being discussed and may be a photo from a totally unrelated case.

The man, Kevin Wall, is doing a little better. He has opened his eyes and can move some of his limbs. If anyone understands Thai culture you will understand that I have been asked by the family not to post more information about this situation and how exactly it occurred. I have a photo of the man in the hospital that I received from the same source that sent me the photo of the teenage suspects. In the United States they are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law so I will leave it at that. I am sorry that this thread turned into what I should have expected, in light of the nature of anonymous postings on the internet. Nevertheless I will update this thread later as his condition improves. And we are certainly praying that he does improve. The family is very grateful for all the prayers and suggestions for improving his care. The wife is in contact with the American embassy.

Well isn't that convenient, can not to reveal the source.

I guess this is a new precedence for TV?

I can not reveal the source.

Innocent until proven guilty, and still we hang out the picture of the youngsters.

I can't help wondering how you can show no sympathy for the victim of this crime but you continue to defend the perpetrators of this violence. There is no newspaper in Nongki. But the local police have the information you claim to be seeking. Why don't you visit the police station there and fill us all in with the facts. And then tell us why we should believe you? By your standards Thai visa should not even exist, as generally speaking nothing posted here is confirmed. In this case there is one other poster on this thread who has independently confirmed that the victim is in fact Kevin Wall and the time and place where the incident occurred. Maybe you can offer your services as a defender of misunderstood teenage gangs who roam the streets in Nongki? Just a thought...

• Like 1

I've read your comments and I'm seriously concerned about the statement that he's got water in his lungs. As I'd already mentioned, this would make him to an ICU patient, where many other patients with various other infectious diseases are.

Buri Ram hospital is similar to Sisaket hospital. Incompetent doctors, nurses etc..Many of these hospitals only have a just graduated "doctor", who was sent to a province. Those doctors don't know much about what they're doing.

They've got way too many patients and relatives have to stay there to wash them ,etc....

Is there any possibility to get him into a better hospital, maybe with the American embassy's help? I know that there's an organization called DHV, but that's for German citizens. There must be something else to get him out of there......

I went through all that with a good friend of mine who then passed away in the hospital of Ubon Ratchathani. He had several viruses from other patients next to him.

Radar's story is also one that made many really sad. He had an operation, after they'd injected some medicine, he fell into a coma and died about a year later.

Radar's Harley Davidson is owned by a Thai guy now, who used this situation and payed his gf almost nothing.Mr. Green, the owner of Ex "sugar pub" in Sisaket.

Wish that he fully recovers, as I know how difficult it is to deal with such circumstances.-wai2.gif

What an absolute rubbish statement. Bordering on defamation.

I have the right mind to tell the many doctors and nurses that I know in Buriram Hospital what you have said.

Maybe they may like to take it further.

I'm wondering if you'd call my post "rubbish" if a relative of yours, or a friend would be there. I would never write something that isn't true. If you really want to see what I'm talking about, please feel free and visit the Sapphasit hospital, building four, which has a much better reputation than Buri Ram.

If trying to give advice to somebody, after going through strange things in Thai hospitals, is called rubbish, then it's time to think who the author of rubbish really is. I agree that they should close that thread if not more is coming from the OP.

Nobody wants to read about people who take Jaba here. I thought it's about a foreigner's life.-wai2.gif

I am wondering if you have ever stayed there. I have.

I was very sick in Buriram Hospital. After an 11 day stay, which included excellent care, very good Doctors(including 3 daily visits), two trips to surgery, excellant nurses and all round good clenliness, I left feeling great. I was particularly impressed by the two Doctors who hade also studied in USA.

Following that my 10 year old daughter was there. She had dengue fever. The service was great.

I have mentioned to some of the staff at Buriram Hospital about what you said. They are not happy, and I don't blame them.

They all do a great job.

It is strange that when people make comments about how bad the health care is, that thousands of poeple don't die in Thai hospital through mal practice.

My post was about unconscious patients who have to stay in mostly huge rooms, surrounded by all sorts of infectious viruses and diseases.

My information about the health system/problems are straight from a Thai doctor from Sapphasit hospital. When a friend of mine had a heart attack last year, he also got infected with severe viruses that affected his lungs.These viruses were from patients in the huge ICU room, where usually three patients a day had died.

With the help of some people I know, \we could make it happen that they gave him a private room and he seemed to recover. Then a new sort of virus, or bacteria had caused another lungs infection and he had to be brought back to the ICU in building four.

Most of the doctors there were fresh graduates, with no experience. The most helpful doctor, who wasn't even my friend's doc, always came by to see my friend.

When it turned out that he got more and more problems, because of the other patients, the doctor said fallowing to me.

" I'm very sorry for your friend, and I'd like to tell you that it's also very dangerous for you to come here every day. We don't have the money to separate patients with infectious diseases, as it is in your country."

My friend died on the same day, when they gave him a blood transfusion, where also TV members had helped. He had seven different viruses, which always changed that made it impossible to give him the right treatment.

Good for you that there were two docs who'd studied in the States. Those doctors usually go to private hospitals, where they make better money.

Buri Ram, Sisaket, Surin..there's not a big difference. Hope you don't have an emergency on the weekend, or late in the evening.

Good to hear that the patient seems to get better.Hope he'll have a speedy and full recovery. Good day!-wai2.gif

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 1

Sirchai do you read the Daily Mail? An awful rag in my opinion. but every day it is full of stories about patients in the U.K. under the National Health system that have been let down, mis diagnosed, maltreated, put on 'Liverpool Death Paths' etcetera.Just because one friend of yours had the misfortune to die in the Thai hospital system, pleasedon't tar the whole syatem as being completely incompetent. It's not.

• Like 1

Sirchai do you read the Daily Mail? An awful rag in my opinion. but every day it is full of stories about patients in the U.K. under the National Health system that have been let down, mis diagnosed, maltreated, put on 'Liverpool Death Paths' etcetera.Just because one friend of yours had the misfortune to die in the Thai hospital system, pleasedon't tar the whole syatem as being completely incompetent. It's not.

We're not talking about other countries now.I didn't "tar the whole system",as there is a similarity to the educational one.

One evening, my wife had such a strange stomach ache that i drove her to the Sisaket hospital. I carried her on my arms right into the emergency room. What I saw was unbelievable.

Around eight to ten accident victims and no doctor around. A guy who's usually doing some secretary stuff tried his best. But he wasn't a doctor.

I can assure you that some of these victims didn't see the next morning sun, as some had inner bleeding. There's no such thing on weekends or later in the evening, where an emergency team is ready to save somebody's life.

I'm living here long enough to come up with my own personal opinion and I do not care what doctors, nurses, or politicians in other countries do wrong.

I'm trying to be honest and I get some strange texts back? Hope you'll never be in such a situation that a rescue car has to bring you to the Sisaket, Buri Ram, Ubon Ratchathani, or .Surin hospital. Also Thai doctors never make mistakes, as they could lose face while others lose their lives.-wai2.gif

• Like 2

I've read your comments and I'm seriously concerned about the statement that he's got water in his lungs. As I'd already mentioned, this would make him to an ICU patient, where many other patients with various other infectious diseases are.

Buri Ram hospital is similar to Sisaket hospital. Incompetent doctors, nurses etc..Many of these hospitals only have a just graduated "doctor", who was sent to a province. Those doctors don't know much about what they're doing.

They've got way too many patients and relatives have to stay there to wash them ,etc....

Is there any possibility to get him into a better hospital, maybe with the American embassy's help? I know that there's an organization called DHV, but that's for German citizens. There must be something else to get him out of there......

I went through all that with a good friend of mine who then passed away in the hospital of Ubon Ratchathani. He had several viruses from other patients next to him.

Radar's story is also one that made many really sad. He had an operation, after they'd injected some medicine, he fell into a coma and died about a year later.

Radar's Harley Davidson is owned by a Thai guy now, who used this situation and payed his gf almost nothing.Mr. Green, the owner of Ex "sugar pub" in Sisaket.

Wish that he fully recovers, as I know how difficult it is to deal with such circumstances.-wai2.gif

What an absolute rubbish statement. Bordering on defamation.

I have the right mind to tell the many doctors and nurses that I know in Buriram Hospital what you have said.

Maybe they may like to take it further.

I'm wondering if you'd call my post "rubbish" if a relative of yours, or a friend would be there. I would never write something that isn't true. If you really want to see what I'm talking about, please feel free and visit the Sapphasit hospital, building four, which has a much better reputation than Buri Ram.

If trying to give advice to somebody, after going through strange things in Thai hospitals, is called rubbish, then it's time to think who the author of rubbish really is. I agree that they should close that thread if not more is coming from the OP.

Nobody wants to read about people who take Jaba here. I thought it's about a foreigner's life.-wai2.gif

I am wondering if you have ever stayed there. I have.

I was very sick in Buriram Hospital. After an 11 day stay, which included excellent care, very good Doctors(including 3 daily visits), two trips to surgery, excellant nurses and all round good clenliness, I left feeling great. I was particularly impressed by the two Doctors who hade also studied in USA.

Following that my 10 year old daughter was there. She had dengue fever. The service was great.

I have mentioned to some of the staff at Buriram Hospital about what you said. They are not happy, and I don't blame them.

They all do a great job.

It is strange that when people make comments about how bad the health care is, that thousands of poeple don't die in Thai hospital through mal practice.

I am wondering if you really believe what you write. Your statement sounds so untypical for this area. It might work well if you get a single room with an air conditioner, TV, Wireless.etc..and special food, as you pay more money for it.

But that will change when unconscious, and you'll need oxygen etc...then you'll find yourself in hell. And I was there and made it back.

We're not talking about other countries now.I didn't "tar the whole system",as there is a similarity to the educational one.

One evening, my wife had such a strange stomach ache that i drove her to the Sisaket hospital. I carried her on my arms right into the emergency room. What I saw was unbelievable.

Around eight to ten accident victims and no doctor around. A guy who's usually doing some secretary stuff tried his best. But he wasn't a doctor.

I can assure you that some of these victims didn't see the next morning sun, as some had inner bleeding. There's no such thing on weekends or later in the evening, where an emergency team is ready to save somebody's life.

I'm living here long enough to come up with my own personal opinion and I do not care what doctors, nurses, or politicians in other countries do wrong.

I'm trying to be honest and I get some strange texts back? Hope you'll never be in such a situation that a rescue car has to bring you to the Sisaket, Buri Ram, Ubon Ratchathani, or .Surin hospital. Also Thai doctors never make mistakes, as they could lose face while others lose their lives.-wai2.gif

Don't worry, just the usual trash. Not even worth answering such a post. i agree that it's about an American guy who seems to be in a very serious condition.

And I agree that ICU's at hospitals in lower northeast are pretty much scary. Don't have to read foreign newspapers for that. Life's too short.

Edited by lostinisaan

Don't worry, just the usual trash. Not even worth answering such a post. i agree that it's about an American guy who seems to be in a very serious condition.

And I agree that ICU's at hospitals in lower northeast are pretty much scary. Don't have to read foreign newspapers for that. Life's too short.

In a very serious condition, and getting better. All while he is in an Issan hospital. Enough said.

Well done to all of the local hospitals that do a great job.

• Like 1

In a very serious condition, and getting better. All while he is in an Issan hospital. Enough said.

Well done to all of the local hospitals that do a great job.

They do a great job especially when they know your paying a big bill..

I'm a Yank and I stay in Chang Kao, part time, not Good, about 20 min. Away, Thai Mentality, Gang Up...

I hope he is going to be OK...

Thai mentality ?? That's good coming from a Yank..

No gangs in the US ? yobs on street corners ?? you need to get out more 555

every country has thugs like these but you choose to discriminate against a nation

of people whos country you live part time in ... coffee1.gif

I wouldn't wish this on anybody wai2.gif may he recover in mind n body wai2.gif

The man, Kevin Wall, is doing a little better. He has opened his eyes and can move some of his limbs. If anyone understands Thai culture you will understand that I have been asked by the family not to post more information about this situation and how exactly it occurred. I have a photo of the man in the hospital that I received from the same source that sent me the photo of the teenage suspects. In the United States they are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law so I will leave it at that. I am sorry that this thread turned into what I should have expected, in light of the nature of anonymous postings on the internet. Nevertheless I will update this thread later as his condition improves. And we are certainly praying that he does improve. The family is very grateful for all the prayers and suggestions for improving his care. The wife is in contact with the American embassy.

Well isn't that convenient, can not to reveal the source.

I guess this is a new precedence for TV?

I can not reveal the source.

Innocent until proven guilty, and still we hang out the picture of the youngsters.

I can't help wondering how you can show no sympathy for the victim of this crime but you continue to defend the perpetrators of this violence. There is no newspaper in Nongki. But the local police have the information you claim to be seeking. Why don't you visit the police station there and fill us all in with the facts. And then tell us why we should believe you? By your standards Thai visa should not even exist, as generally speaking nothing posted here is confirmed. In this case there is one other poster on this thread who has independently confirmed that the victim is in fact Kevin Wall and the time and place where the incident occurred. Maybe you can offer your services as a defender of misunderstood teenage gangs who roam the streets in Nongki? Just a thought...

As a resident of Nongki, I can safely say that I've never seen any "teenage gangs roaming the streets of Nongki". I've always felt safe here.....and a lot safer than when I lived in the UK....The November festival is always a focal flashpoint for violence....I used to attend every year, but now I don't bother...but this is a yearly one off...

Edited by mxyzptlk

Certainly Nongki is a much safer city than many in the United States as well. And I agree that the gangs do not roam every night but as you said usually only during special occasions. But there is definitely a problem that needs to be addressed and I hope this incident shines a light on the problem. My wife has always advised me not to go into town alone at night but I generally ignore her advice and have never had a problem.

I'm a Yank and I stay in Chang Kao, part time, not Good, about 20 min. Away, Thai Mentality, Gang Up...

every country has thugs like these but you choose to discriminate against a nation

I wouldn't wish this on anybody wai2.gif may he recover in mind n body wai2.gif

A thai apologist has chimed in.

Apologist or not, the guy is right.

Gangs everywhere, and not particular to any country.

Let me tell you a story.

At the November Festival (chicken eating) local name, two falang were drunk, two Thai boys where there one with his young girlfriend, one of the falang started messing with the girlfriend, forcing his attentions on her, her boyfriend defended her telling the falang to (F.. off) the falang responded by trying to kick the boy chasing him away.

Later, nextday? the boys, (now more than two) saw the falang riding his motor bike and attacked him. They are in jail awaiting trail in Nang Rong.

Let me tell you a story.

At the November Festival (chicken eating) local name, two falang were drunk, two Thai boys where there one with his young girlfriend, one of the falang started messing with the girlfriend, forcing his attentions on her, her boyfriend defended her telling the falang to (F.. off) the falang responded by trying to kick the boy chasing him away.

Later, nextday? the boys, (now more than two) saw the falang riding his motor bike and attacked him. They are in jail awaiting trail in Nang Rong.

Story from anywhere really.

However, what is the point?

Ganging up?

When I was in the navy, and we came to a smaller places/ports, many of the local gals where kind of excited to see all these uniformed guys suddenly appear.

Needless to say, but many of the navy guys were "ganged up on" by the local men during the evening/nights.

If a stronger man would seriously hurt me, I would gang up on him.

Having said that, there is no way I respect or support hooligans attacking innocent people. They should be punished!

of people whos country you live part time in ...  Posted Image

I wouldn't wish this on anybody Posted Image  may he recover in mind n body http://static.thaivisa.com/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/wai2.gif[/. img]

. Ok Nitpickers and Yank Basher it's (Gang Mentality) in Thailand, very familiar with it in States...

Let me tell you a story.

Story from anywhere really.

However, what is the point?

Ganging up?

When I was in the navy, and we came to a smaller places/ports, many of the local gals where kind of excited to see all these uniformed guys suddenly appear.

Needless to say, but many of the navy guys were "ganged up on" by the local men during the evening/nights.

If a stronger man would seriously hurt me, I would gang up on him.

Having said that, there is no way I respect or support hooligans attacking innocent people. They should be punished!

This story is from Nong Ki, I think I understand the rest of your post, if the weak are attacked, the point you make is, then the weak can (gang up) I agree.

The OP story is incorrect. These boys are not hooligans and they were not attacking innocent people.wai.gif

Just read that a bunch of Punks shot a security guard at Pier Niteclub(a Favorite of mine) in Pattaya, they don't frisk you there , either, because he wasn't 21, must be the Yabba or Meth entering this country, a definite Scourge, Beware...

The Thai mentality seems to be getting worse over the last couple of years, more and more we here reports of such incidents.

And then you get people on Tv saying stand your gound over ten baht extra on a baht bus or 30 baht over a bunch of bannanas..

One of the reasons I try and avoid any sort of confrontation with Thai's, you just don't know what is going to happen..

Hope the guys who did this get their just rewards and wish the guy mentioned in the OP a speedy recovery...

• Like 1

I wouldn't wish this on anybody wai2.gif may he recover in mind n body http://static.thaivisa.com/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/wai2.gif[/. img]

. Ok Nitpickers and Yank Basher it's (Gang Mentality) in Thailand, very familiar with it in States...

Yank basher ? the poster calls himself a yank ... no bashing needed.. its not a term I would normally use but in this case it seemed appropriate .. cant please everybody 555

• 2 weeks later...

thumbsup.gif I'm gladden to hear this "Yank" is on the mend thou it'll take a month of Sundays and a lot of TLC and Nurses and Doctors out the Wazzo.

Hailing from the Republic of Texas I for one can't stand by and watch others gang up on a single person..(who ever they may be); I am the recipient of such actions years ago... Long story short when T******skin got the heave ho years ago and the riots took place I was unaware what was going on having just gotten off a dive boat, took a wrong turn to my lodging..and WHAM!!!! xshock1.gif.pagespeed.ic.s3-14vgJzB.webp needles to say I swear they used me as a Pinata and by the time my mates came a running the crew that beat the poop out of me were long gone.

It can happen to anyone good or bad but I pray from him and his family for a speedy and FULL recovery.thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif