Where To Fix Speakers?

hattonjohn

Take it out of their pocket money :o The go along to Siam Electric. They implement very good repairs to range of electronic equipment. Failing that, there is a very good sound equipment shop at the traffic lights on the corner of Ratchawong and the road going to the Prince hotel. They do speaker repairs. For a DYI you can go to the shop on the left as you enter Icom Square next to Computer Plaza. They keep a full range of cones and coils, and could well do repairs, I've never asked. May well be worth the ask there.

For top end speaker repair, try Neo Home Entertainment on the top floor of Airport Plaza.

Amorn, to left front of Icon have a repair department but are very cheap and cheerful. Your speakers will be repaired to Thai standards, pump out lots of noise but not what is normally (Internationally) considered Hi Fidelity.

Electronic Plaza/Siam TV have a reasonable repair service, next to the UBC office.

Niyom Panich are agents for Marantz and should use approved materials for the repairs - or send to Marantz to have the job done. They are not cheap.

Thanks so much, both of you.

Where is Niyom Panich?

See the attached map ......

post-7622-1146882300_thumb.jpg

Graet map, Maejo - a lot clearer than most others I've seen (online, anyway). Is it available online or did you buy a print copy somewhere?

It's a pretty old map Steve. I only used it becaues it showed that road in relation to everything else. The magazine I scanned it from was dated 2002 and has since ceased publication. Yeah I know I'm a hoarder :o However, they do come in handy once in a while.

• 2 weeks later...
Off topic, but does anybody know where to find a pair of Bose 802 speakers?

TIA

Seen Bose in Niyom Panich. Neo Entertainment Gallery also do them. Either could probably order for you.

Amorn certainly does good repairs, but I would personally only take cheap generic equipment there. Had a top-of-the-line pair of Infinity speakers ruined by them using cheap replacement bits, and they pronounced an old Valve amp unrepairable, since fixed with ease by Neo....

Amorn certainly does good repairs, but I would personally only take cheap generic equipment there. Had a top-of-the-line pair of Infinity speakers ruined by them using cheap replacement bits, and they pronounced an old Valve amp unrepairable, since fixed with ease by Neo....

Amorn is a great store for many things, but it doesn't seem like a place one would take something to get fixed and get OEM replacement parts.