Foods you have cut out entirely and those you "should"

Jingthing

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i have cut out completely Iranian Ossetra caviar. reason: the price of US-Dollars 3,650 per kilo is too dangerous for a heart patient ph34r.png

You think I should stop eating 1 kg every day?

reduce at least by 50% (too much bad cholesterol!)

i have cut out completely Iranian Ossetra caviar. reason: the price of US-Dollars 3,650 per kilo is too dangerous for a heart patient ph34r.png

true, but what about society? My friends would think I am broke and can't finance my food anymore.

true, but what about society? My friends would think I am broke and can't finance my food anymore.

eat it with 24k leaf gold and small portions of a crushed 3.5 carat flawless top wesselton blue-white diamond (~35 portions). your friends will be impressed and your prestige scrore will soar.

eat it with 24k leaf gold and small portions of a crushed 3.5 carat flawless top wesselton blue-white diamond (~35 portions). your friends will be impressed and your prestige scrore will soar.

excellent idea. I'll do so. My home-maid who cleans the toilets also expressed her support for this idea.....

To give up: yogurt ice cream to be replaced by soy or almond ice cream.

Try banana ice cream you'll love it

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/12/vegan-ice-cream-recipe-no-dairy-no-problem_n_5666795.html

Thank-you, great idea. I made some up with bananas, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, cranberry raisins, chia seed, pumpkin spice & cinnamon & I think I have died and gone to heaven.

Eliminate

Excess sugar, sodas, confectionary, biscuits, cakes

Anything with HFCS

Heavily processed sauces and meats.

Basically anything 7-11 and cp

Reduce

white bread

butter

White type pastas

Beer

Increase

olive oil

Salads and fresh veg

Increase fruits

Increase whole breads and pastas

Red wine

High fibre breakfast

Can't do the eliminate alcohol, but have started exercising every day either gardening or a one hour brisk walk

Aiming for a net 1500 calories per day. 3kg done in 3 weeks so far.

• Like 2

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/12/vegan-ice-cream-recipe-no-dairy-no-problem_n_5666795.html

Thank-you, great idea. I made some up with bananas, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, cranberry raisins, chia seed, pumpkin spice & cinnamon & I think I have died and gone to heaven.

Yes it's amazing how creamy the bananas get when you blend them!

A simple one when you are in a rush :

Take frozen bananas (peel them before freezing),

put them in the blender with 1cm of vanilla pod and a pinch of cinnamon.

Blend. That's it.

It is a amazingly delicious and so fast to make wink.png

And the best thing is, you can eat gallons of it , you don't put on weight !

Edited by Kitsune

Blend. That's it.

you don't put weight on it.....I am sure I would.

Blend. That's it.

Remember Frelee the banana girl? 6000 calories a day in bananas and fruits ?

She's skinny as ever.

I eat 5/8 bananas a day, never been slimmer.

Blend. That's it.

She's skinny as ever.

Yes I admit that it works for some people....but I am sure it won't work for me. I am confident that my body can build fat out of bananas....

(But I must admit, I didn't try it, so you could be right and I could be wrong)

Well also I couldn't eat so many banana.....I think after 3 banana I would start to really hate bananas.....

She's skinny as ever.

Yes I admit that it works for some people....but I am sure it won't work for me. I am confident that my body can build fat out of bananas....

Well also I couldn't eat so many banana.....I think after 3 banana I would start to really hate bananas.....

It's OK if you don't like bananas that much, you can do it with mangoes melons, cantaloupes....

But there is a diet called "Banana Island" basically you eat 30 bananas a day for a week.

Everyone loses weight. http://www.30bananasaday.com/

She's skinny as ever.

It's OK if you don't like bananas that much, you can do it with mangoes melons, cantaloupes....

But there is a diet called "Banana Island" basically you eat 30 bananas a day for a week.

Everyone loses weight. http://www.30bananasaday.com/

Well I don't like all the fruity things. By today I weighted 64.9 kg, at relative muscular 1.70 tall.

Current diet:

Morning half a liter black tea

lunch to afternoon, black tea, green tea, peppermint tea......

8PM: 3 big Heineken, some food with low or no carbohydrates, like pork chops. Or a self made Pizza with thin bottom. + 1 Multivitamin tablet + 1 Vitamin C tablet.

The only reason to continue is that there is a 1-2 thick fat on the lower stomach were the former beer belly was.

I am looking for a replacement for the beer. At evening I am in pretty nervous condition and not hungry at all. It helps me to calm down and eat and sleep. Sure not perfect but weight is going down....what works -- works.

If that really is your diet I would "guess" you are deficient in various minerals and vitamins (yes, I see that you take a multi-vit. everyday, but!).

Have you had routine blood tests and are they normal/average/normal?

I had a blood test a while ago, before this "diet" and everything was normal beside high cholesterol and bad cholesterol.

I actually want to eat an apple every day, but I am stupid enough to forget it, every day again.....(I am very tired in the evening).

I also drink a "Berocca" every second day (every day, but I frequently forget it).

If that really is your diet I would "guess" you are deficient in various minerals and vitamins (yes, I see that you take a multi-vit. everyday, but!).

I had a blood test a while ago, before this "diet" and everything was normal beside high cholesterol and bad cholesterol.

I actually want to eat an apple every day, but I am stupid enough to forget it, every day again.....(I am very tired in the evening).

I also drink a "Berocca" every second day (every day, but I frequently forget it).

The trick to it all is to eat a balanced diet, no matter what your objective or ailment (you can tweak here and there to adjust and compensate but you'll never radically alter matters). If you don't do that there is a risk that you compound an existing problem and/or, create a new one. FWIW multivitamins don't fill the entire gap, other than psychologically.

The trick to it all is to eat a balanced diet, no matter what your objective or ailment (you can tweak here and there to adjust and compensate but you'll never radically alter matters). If you don't do that there is a risk that you compound an existing problem and/or, create a new one. FWIW multivitamins don't fill the entire gap, other than psychologically.

Yes, you are right, but I think for a few weeks it won't cause any problems and than I'll switch to a more balanced low carb diet.

Well I don't like all the fruity things. By today I weighted 64.9 kg, at relative muscular 1.70 tall.

Current diet:

8PM: 3 big Heineken, some food with low or no carbohydrates, like pork chops. Or a self made Pizza with thin bottom. + 1 Multivitamin tablet + 1 Vitamin C tablet.

The only reason to continue is that there is a 1-2 thick fat on the lower stomach were the former beer belly was.

I am looking for a replacement for the beer. At evening I am in pretty nervous condition and not hungry at all. It helps me to calm down and eat and sleep. Sure not perfect but weight is going down....what works -- works.

Wow

That is bad

You are doing everything to be unhealthy.

1/ Breakfast should be your biggest meal and dinner your lightest and avoid eating past 6pm

2/ Eat FIBERS, your diet has NONE

3/ Stop the sugar, yes alcohol IS sugar

4/Eat fruits and vegs, they don't just provide vitamins, they give you calcium for your bones, magnesium for your blood, enzymes to boost your immune system, phytonutriments to feed your cells.

5/ Don't starve yourself to lose weight, you will deplete your cells from what they want and whatever you are going to eat next will make you gain twice as fast and you will have to starve your body further to compensate. It's a spiral you don't want to get into.

Edited by Kitsune

Current diet:

Wow

That is bad

1/ Breakfast should be your biggest meal and dinner your lightest and avoid eating past 6pm

4/Eat fruits and vegs, they don't just provide vitamins, they give you calcium for your bones, magnesium for your blood, enzymes to boost your immune system, phytonutriments to feed your cells.

5/ Don't starve yourself to lose weight, you will deplete your cells from what they want and whatever you are going to eat next will make you gain twice as fast and you will have to starve your body further to compensate. It's a spiral you don't want to get into.

1: I can't sleep with empty stomach. Not at all. Eating light at 6 would make me not sleep from midnight on.

2: You are right

3: No it does, in my opinion, and I could be wrong, not get converted to sugar.

4: yes I'll force some green stuff into myself....

5: No I am pretty good in holding my weight.....problem is without starving, the last little fat which I have since I was 15 or even younger doesn't go away. As soon as I am down I add a breakfast and increase training. Try gain muscle without much fat. And if I gain too much, I'll reduce food as soon as I get 3-4 kg over target.

Current diet:

Wow

That is bad

1: I can't sleep with empty stomach. Not at all. Eating light at 6 would make me not sleep from midnight on.

2: You are right

3: No it does, in my opinion, and I could be wrong, not get converted to sugar.

4: yes I'll force some green stuff into myself....

5: No I am pretty good in holding my weight.....problem is without starving, the last little fat which I have since I was 15 or even younger doesn't go away. As soon as I am down I add a breakfast and increase training. Try gain muscle without much fat. And if I gain too much, I'll reduce food as soon as I get 3-4 kg over target.

You are correct on point number 3. However, alcohol does interfere with blood glucose levels, the liver is a single task organ and when it senses poison (alcohol), it ceases all activities until it has removed it from your system, that is why alcohol is so potentially dangerous for diabetics because it prevents the liver from managing blood glucose levels.

And whilst writing: a potential answer to point number 1 is to fill up on liquids and safe low glycemic carbs such as carrots/celery etc.

When I feel hungry near bedtime, then one hour before I want to sleep I have a banana in addition to my regular 3 Mg Melatonin Ultra (also contains 8.5 mg Chamomile & Valerian herbs, calcium, etc.). I try to avoid alcohol late in the evening as it makes it harder for me to sleep. I can eat all the bananas I want (usually 3/day and it doesn't affect my weight). I can eat all the whole fruit & vegetables I want & my weight decreases or stabilizes but any processed food, bakery items, meat, cheese, milk, eggs, etc. and my weight increases. It was hard to get used to initially but after a couple of weeks it worked & after one year, it still works. Now I just focus on eating the highly nutritious heart disease, cancer preventing detoxifying fruits, vegetables and spices like Kale, spinach, garlic, onions, broccoli with mustard powder added at the table, purple cabbage, beans (red kidney, lentils) cranberries, blueberries, blackberries, plums, amla (Indian Gooseberry), almond milk, water, cilantro/pak chee/coriander, turmeric, cloves, cinnamon, sage, lemons, red delicious apples, strawberries, flaxseed (I grind it), walnuts, pecans, 4 brazil nuts/month, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, kiwi, etc. Just got to minimize filling up on virtually worthless ones like iceberg lettuce.

• Like 1