The Big C Group and Fabulous 103 FM Enter Exclusive Sponsorship Agreement

Jonathan Fairfield

The Big C Group and Fabulous 103 FM Enter Exclusive Sponsorship Agreement

dsc00061.jpg

The Big C Group has reached an exclusive sponsorship agreement with Pattaya’s “Fabulous” 103 FM and the Radio Pattaya group of stations in its first venture into English language advertising.

Big C management first began discussions in August to create a series of promotional commercials, in English, for radio, as their Pattaya flagship store, Big C Extra on Pattaya Klang, welcomed a team of European and Thai management.

The former Carefour centre has been revamped over the past few months and now resembles a huge Western style superstore, with fresh and imported foodstuffs from around the world.

In addition to top quality products, the Big C team has developed a training programme for staff, educating them in the European methods of butchery, baking and food presentation.

Described as “phase one” the radio sponsorship is seen as an ideal method of reaching the foreign audience and, after several months of surveying and listening, it was Fabulous 103 that came out on top of the local radio stations to win the offer of sponsorship.

Already recognized by other international companies, such as the Hard Rock Group, Family Mart and many property developers as “THE station to advertise with”, the team at “Fabulous” have committed to extending their signal reception area, in a year which has seen the station already welcome hourly updated international news from Sky and the recent installation of tailor made FM processing equipment which guarantees a crystal clear output on both the FM and internet along with the launch of the Radio Pattaya phone app. Available on the Radio Pattaya website.

Without doubt the “shoestring budget” station has taken the region by storm since its relaunch 18 months ago, and certainly has the edge for live, locally produced shows from morning to night.

Pic credit: PattayaPlaza website

• Like 2

So what?

I found the article interesting and relevant as I live here full-time, take an interest in local events and like to stay informed.

The brevity of your post leaves me wondering if you had a power failure mid-post, suffered a medical emergency or perhaps experienced the upset of your drinking vessel.

In any event, live long and prosper.

• Like 1

The former Carefour centre has been revamped over the past few months and now resembles a huge Western style superstore, with fresh and imported foodstuffs from around the world.

Correction :

The former Carefour centre resembled a huge Western style superstore, with fresh and imported foodstuffs from around the world, but has been revamped ever since .

Edited by PeterSmiles
  • Like 1

Correction :

The former Carefour centre resembled a huge Western style superstore, with fresh and imported foodstuffs from around the world, but has been revamped ever since .

Well put, I have to agree with that assessment.

Shopped there quite often back when it was Carrefour. However since Big C took over, I'm there maybe once a month.

Big C still sucks compared to Carrefoure when it was here.Big C is hardly ever stocked & the last couple of months I think it is actually worse. The staff hardly speaks a lick of English. The Bakery goods have condescended down to substandard & the prices are jacked up to the hilt to boot.Just sayin Even the Thai's liked it more when it was Carrefour. At least they finally got with the program & now have Mountain Dew soda.But I suspect when the shipment is gone it will be a while before they figure it out & re-order. You can't even get re-fried beans there to make Tacos or Burritos. And that isn't even a farang luxury food. I am afraid with this place we all would be better off with yet another company to take over & watch the food supply & upgrade all their downgrades after the Carrfourre training session was over.The meat & poultry gets a little ripe sometimes as well. I doubt any new sponsors will be able to help this place.Since Carrfoure left I have to shop at 3 places that once had everything in one stop. Not the end of the world but just sayin.It is obvious all they care is about their profit line.