Italian tourist beaten by two Thai teenagers

webfact

And the penalty will be ?? 500 baht fine and photo wearing a ski mask as the poor guy points at them.

The world is catching up with Thailand faster than they think.

Obvious question....drinking with underaged kids for what? Drink Responsibly with adults, it just looks ridiculous for a grown italien man to be drinking on a corner with children. <deleted>??

And 2nd Obvious thing.....Kids on the street with baseball bats.....I never saw one baseball game here.

Is this pretty common?

The whole thing stinks both ways.... and probably, the farang, might have been discussing a 3rd way.

• Like 2

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might one say:"another nail in the coffin?"

More and more negative articles are appearing in foreign newspaper and journals, while many tourist organisations seem to become worried about Thailand.

TAT can supply good messages, but can not supply grounds for foreign organisations and governments to get positive about Thailand.

The feeling that Thailand is starting not to win the game any more gets stronger.

O yes another nail in the coffin, I have been hearing that statement for years on this forum and guess what more people come every year. Just the usual nonsense posters here.

• Like 1

Sitting on pattaya beach last night with some friends and 3 thai guys drinking. All of a sudden one thai guy gets up and whacks one of the other thai guys over the head with a bottle. Blood everywhere. Point being that they dont racially discrimate when it comes to expressing themselves using violence.

Be careful! You describe the scene like no big deal but it could have gotten out of control.

An adult drinking beer with two minors......oh dear.

Now why would an older guy be having beer with a 15 and 16 year old boy, before trying to get them to come to his apartment?

My thoughts exactly on reading this. The guy doesn't sound like an innocent party.

Ah, the long distance TV detective brigade at work again - our A team in residence. "...before trying to get them to come to his apartment?" - Totally unproven from the news report. You guys are something else.

How about pondering where the baseball bats suddenly came from?

Now why would an older guy be having beer with a 15 and 16 year old boy, before trying to get them to come to his apartment?

My thoughts exactly on reading this. The guy doesn't sound like an innocent party.

Ah, the long distance TV detective brigade at work again - our A team in residence. "...before trying to get them to come to his apartment?" - Totally unproven from the news report. You guys are something else.

How about pondering where the baseball bats suddenly came from?

Well I think we can safely illuminate the Italians hands as he got bashed over the head with it. My money's on one of the two Thai kids had it.

Your assuming that the Italian was an older male.

If things carry as they are now, in ten years time. T.A.T. will be crying in there beer!

Unfortunately they won't, they'll simply constantly adjust/make up the tourist figure to suit as they always do. Heaven forbid that someone here actually takes responsibility for something, or even worse, changes something for the better.

Now if TAT can just figure out how to "make up" the lost revenue, Thailand might become immune to these damaging headlines, and go right on with its laughable handling of thai-on-foreigner crime. (What was that boycott threat I heard out of Russia just the other day?)

What are the odds that the hospiital will demand that he pays for treatment despite being the victim ? This 500 baht medical fee scam they want to introduce is to cover the costs of tourists who rightly refuse to pay the bills as they shouldn't have to pay it because they are the victims of local criminals....The bad guys should pay all the bills.

Perhaps your powers of presience are better than my own, but "The two offered to ride him to his hotel as he could not get his motorcycle started." doesn't say anything about him trying to get the boys to his apartment.

This being Thailand, and with them not being shy in any way about outing foreigners for all the bad things that they do, do you not think they perhaps would have mentioned that if it happened?

Drinking beer with teenagers....then his bike doesn't start....oh yes...they were going to give me a lift home...and on it goes.

Too much circumstantial nonsense for this guy to be on the level.

Perhaps your powers of presience are better than my own, but "The two offered to ride him to his hotel as he could not get his motorcycle started." doesn't say anything about him trying to get the boys to his apartment.

This being Thailand, and with them not being shy in any way about outing foreigners for all the bad things that they do, do you not think they perhaps would have mentioned that if it happened?

Drinking beer with teenagers....then his bike doesn't start....oh yes...they were going to give me a lift home...and on it goes.

How do you know he wasn't just set-up ....

Doesn't say he bought them beer as they may have offered him a drink ....?

Why would they have a baseball bat with them??? ....

They could have pulled the plug lead on the blokes bike to make sure he would come with them ....

Last night I was drinking in a bar and three guys came in and sat next to me at the bar and struck up a conversation with me, we chatted for about half an hour. They were much younger than me. I had actually been chatting with the owner who is farang and stood behind the bar.

Does that make me a paedo because I didn't tell them to piss off out of basic good manners?

The OP clearly points out that 'they (the kids) offered me a lift.

So from that you say that the victim is not on the level. So i am also assuming that you believe that the kids WERE on the level.

The fact that he was actually ROBBED suggests that motive = robbery. But you seem to prefer motive = buggery.

Chances are that this guy's family and friends are probably reading all these slurs, and if totally innocent, this could condemn him to a future where his family and friends have this 'was he, wasn't he?' rooted in their mund thanks to posters like yourself.

Man..... you get no respect from me.

For your information... Here is the update in the Nation.

A doctor said the condition of an Italian tourist assaulted by two teens in Pranburi in Prachuap Khiri Khan on Thursday, was still a worry, so he would remain in hospital for another two or three days.

Teenage boys hit Dominico Franco, 34, with a baseball bat before stealing his belongings. The man's skull was fractured. Police visited the man at Hua Hin Hospital for further testimony after arresting the suspects. Franco told police he was staying at a resort in Paknam Pran sub-district and that he wanted to return home as soon as possible. On hearing that the attackers had been arrested, he thanked police and Pasitta Inpan, head of the local Tourism Authority office.

So there you go. Not a mention of the kids who have been arrested saying that he was trying to nonce them.

From now on, I suggest you wait for facts before you assert what really happened.

Tourist's condition 'worrying'
The Nation

A doctor said the condition of an Italian tourist assaulted by two teens in Pranburi in Prachuap Khiri Khan on Thursday, was still a worry, so he would remain in hospital for another two or three days.

Teenage boys hit Dominico Franco, 34, with a baseball bat before stealing his belongings. The man's skull was fractured. Police visited the man at Hua Hin Hospital for further testimony after arresting the suspects.

Franco told police he was staying at a resort in Paknam Pran sub-district and that he wanted to return home as soon as possible. On hearing that the attackers had been arrested, he thanked police and Pasitta Inpan, head of the local Tourism Authority office

xnationlogo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.DZvwah7W-x.
-- The Nation 2013-11-24

"Pasitta Inthaphand, director of the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) for Prachuab Khiri Khan, said she was upset with the incident as the province is a major tourist destination and this would damage the province’s image."

Oh yes. Let's not be upset for the man, let's just be upset that it hurts the tourism industry.

Listen up B, crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif If Thailand would really punish these bistards, the tourism image would take care of itself.

Good point. But, you are talking about a foreign, and very novel concept called "law and order". Very little of that stuff here in the wild, wild west. Even when the nearly useless cops make an arrest, the nearly useless judiciary system lets the defendants off almost scot free. Nearly all the time. The judiciary has no courage, no teeth, and no cajones. They are some of the weakest people in the country. They have no vision, little integrity, and no concept of law and order. The entire police apparatus, and judicial apparatus needs to be rebuilt from scratch, at the expenditure of trillions of baht, to get a semblance of law and order. It will probably happen eventually, when Thailand wants to truly integrate itself into the world community. But, it's non-visionary leaders are trying to put that day off as long as they can.

Not in the news, however someone i know got the shit kicked out of him at 1.00am on beach road on loy Kathong day. 3 Thai youths 17 years old. Two caught one got away. Police tried sweeping it under the carpet. No fingers to point at farang i suppose so they just did not inform the press. Guys face is a mess, he said they just would not stop.

What are the odds that the hospiital will demand that he pays for treatment despite being the victim ? This 500 baht medical fee scam they want to introduce is to cover the costs of tourists who rightly refuse to pay the bills as they shouldn't have to pay it because they are the victims of local criminals....The bad guys should pay all the bills.

I expect they have his passport and will not allow him to leave until the bill is paid.

"Pasitta Inthaphand, director of the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) for Prachuab Khiri Khan, said she was upset with the incident as the province is a major tourist destination and this would damage the province’s image."

Oh yes. Let's not be upset for the man, let's just be upset that it hurts the tourism industry.

Listen up B, crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif If Thailand would really punish these bistards, the tourism image would take care of itself.

Good point. But, you are talking about a foreign, and very novel concept called "law and order". Very little of that stuff here in the wild, wild west. Even when the nearly useless cops make an arrest, the nearly useless judiciary system lets the defendants off almost scot free. Nearly all the time. The judiciary has no courage, no teeth, and no cajones. They are some of the weakest people in the country. They have no vision, little integrity, and no concept of law and order. The entire police apparatus, and judicial apparatus needs to be rebuilt from scratch, at the expenditure of trillions of baht, to get a semblance of law and order. It will probably happen eventually, when Thailand wants to truly integrate itself into the world community. But, it's non-visionary leaders are trying to put that day off as long as they can.

"It will probably happen eventually, when Thailand wants to truly integrate itself into the world community. But, it's non-visionary leaders are trying to put that day off as long as they can."

Bless their hearts for that. If I wanted the ingratiated "world community" around me, I could have stayed home and had that. whistling.gif