List of recognised Universities for the Thai teachers licence.

angsta

That message means that the univeristy is listed with 0 restrictions.

I get the same message for my university and I have my full licence.

So as far as I can tell you are fine.(as far as you can be of anything when dealing with red tape here)

No, it doesn't. It means that there is no listing for that particular university, ie; it is not accredited as far as they are concerned.

Fair enough.

That is the message I got for my university and my degree was accepted. My licence application went through without a hitch. My attempt at translation reflected my assumption that all was OK. This was also based on the fact that my univeristy name auto-populated as I was typing. Despite that if as suggested you put a made up name in then the message is the same. Ho Hum.

If you put the major world universities in the message is different as you would expect. However the list does now appear to be far less comprehensive than I thought.

That message means that the univeristy is listed with 0 restrictions.

I get the same message for my university and I have my full licence.

So as far as I can tell you are fine.(as far as you can be of anything when dealing with red tape here)

No, it doesn't. It means that there is no listing for that particular university, ie; it is not accredited as far as they are concerned.

Fair enough.

That is the message I got for my university and my degree was accepted. My licence application went through without a hitch. My attempt at translation reflected my assumption that all was OK. This was also based on the fact that my univeristy name auto-populated as I was typing. Despite that if as suggested you put a made up name in then the message is the same. Ho Hum.

If you put the major world universities in the message is different as you would expect. However the list does now appear to be far less comprehensive than I thought.

When your school applies for your provisional licence, the TCT assumes the school has checked the validity of the degree ( they are supposed to check it) You therefore get your provisional.

Now............. if you do all your tests and pass, do your culture course and then submit everything, then.......... do the TCT check the validity of your degree. Answer, who knows !!!

If you check some of the universities on their list, some of them are degree mills......go figure.

• 5 months later...

I checked 2 institutions that are highly reputable in the UK notably;

University of Ulster and Queens University Belfast and both............... are not recognised by TCT.

Truly unbelievable. blink.png

Truly TIT

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Nice to see The Open University on the list

Almost finished my degree and puts my mind at rest

Which degree?

Open degree (mixture of subjects)

did 1 year at uni and completed the rest online

Nice to see The Open University on the list

Almost finished my degree and puts my mind at rest

Which degree?

Open degree (mixture of subjects)

did 1 year at uni and completed the rest online

Oh ok. Now just gotta get yourself the MA'ed and you will be rosy for a Thai teaching license.

Good luck!

Couldn't find the Lifetime Experience Universities.

And the guy had really promised me that they're recognized and the degree was approved by Monica Lewinsky.

There are actually 2 degree mills that are accepted by TCT. Amazing !

However, the 2 unis I checked are over 50 years old and hold all UK accreditations. They are both in the top 4 universities in the Uk and, both................. are not recognised by the TCT.

Monkey's...... the lot of them. bah.gif