Scotland to become independent in March 2016 if referendum passes

News_Editor

Not only will Scotland be out of the EU so will the two SNP MEPs...

[along with two Labour, one Conservative and one Lib Dem]

Of those who lose their seats in Westminster and Brussels I can see many heading south, but then I do not think the SNP lot will get many votes.

I suppose many will also get kicked out of the upper too...

Your post though mildy entertaining is, without any factual evidence to back it up, merely

speculative nonsense imo. sad.png

I suppose that is why he posted it on this thread.

We have a choice between the status quo, and gambling on speculative nonsense. Despite the levy, I prefer to save my gambling for Shatin Racecourse.

SC

• Like 1

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

True I have not spent much time in Scotland, found the weather and food to be atrocious and many of the people to be grumpy, heavy into moaning and blaming everything on the English.

You have been to Scotland once for a long weekend I reckon nontabury....and therefore really haven't got a clue.

I lived in England for over ten years and have many friends there....however I am not going to criticise the poor quality of food....the hosepipe bans....overcrowding....or poor social cohesion.

No I prefer to remember never being treated like a second class citizen....much the same as the English are treated in Scotland.

We should stand side by side....as separate nations not because we hate each other....but because it will be better for both separate countries.

• Like 1

I look around at all the great Scottish blokes I know, and I think - of course we could run our own country - but I don't see how Alex Salmond is going to tempt them back home.

SC

He will extend the free bus passes to over 55's perhaps....at the moment its free for life for over 60's....my father just grudgingly accepted his last October....to much ribbing of course! tongue.png

Fact... if Scotland gets it Independence, Scotland will not be part of the UK,<<< FULLSTOP>>>

As it is the UK that is a member of the EU, Scotland will have to apply to join, and that takes years of bureaucracy.

If and when Scotland is admitted the UK may have opted out...

I look around at all the great Scottish blokes I know, and I think - of course we could run our own country - but I don't see how Alex Salmond is going to tempt them back home.

SC

Well not to see him that's for sure, the majority of Scots have no illusions concerning his sincerity! a born vote loser if ever there was one!

SC

Well not to see him that's for sure, the majority of Scots have no illusions concerning his sincerity! a born vote loser if ever there was one!

No....Lamont is the vote loser if there is one.

You really need to keep up pal!

Fact... if Scotland gets it Independence, Scotland will not be part of the UK,<<< FULLSTOP>>>

As it is the UK that is a member of the EU, Scotland will have to apply to join, and that takes years of bureaucracy.

Which UK will that be?

The England and Wales one?

Scotland will wait in line behind Romania you think?

Dream on and keep dreaming......

• Like 1

SC

No....Lamont is the vote loser if there is one.

You really need to keep up pal!

Sort of like the disastrous duo then? Now why would anyone in their right mind want to team up with a man like Lamont if he knew what he was doing. Norman Lamont......

Undoubtedly the worst Chancellor of the Exchequer the UK has ever had the misfortune and misjudgement of the Conservative Party to foist on the Electorate,as someone who had some form of training in economics.biggrin.png

And almost Bankrupt the UK in one day( George Sorous ran rings around him,and took us to the cleaners,for something like 12Billion) ) ,was reported as later that fateful day as singing in his bath to the tune of "Everthing is coming up Roses" a Tory Fruitcake and nut job bar non

There is a whole pagefull of Lamont crap,who is the man: the more he F***** ** the higher he went up the ladder,just goes to show the power of public schooling!

So it's not only Thailand that decrees,no one fails when it comes to Education!

it's just a question of how much can be pocketed!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/september/16/newsid_2519000/2519013.stm

Edited by MAJIC

Which UK will that be?

The UK less the Scot's, That's England, Wales and Northern Ireland. that is 90% of what it is today, and Scotland will be just Scotland unless they can find a bed partner to form a union with.

Latest news is "If Scotland were to vote for independence, both Royal Bank of Scotland and Lloyds may be forced to move their registered offices or legal homes to London under European Union law".http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-26455655

I do not know why a republic would want a "Royal" Bank???

The UK has already lost one member - Eire.

Scotland could be next then Wales?

This would leave England and Northern Ireland. I think at that point England would finally come to the conclusion it doesn't want to be involved with Northern Ireland and leave too.....leaving Northern Ireland as the last remaining nation in the "Union" - som nam na!

• Like 1

Can we English people have a referendum to find out if we want Scotland in the United Kingdom?

How can one country have a referendum about another country's fate???? This just about sums up the English attitude to the Union.

- England could of course have a referendum as to remaining in the Union - just the same as Scotland.

So by your (7by7) logic all the countries in the world that use the American dollar as their official currency are not

independent countries?, and by your same logic all the countries that use the euro are not independent countries?

In monetary matters; no, they are not.

Which is one reason why the UK, rightly, wanted nothing to do with the Euro!

And just a reminder on the Scotland and EU membership myth.

http://www.heraldsco...ership.23570382

'Independence would not bar Scotland from EU membership'

Show me one post where I have said that it would.

What I, and others, have said is that an independent Scotland would not AUTOMATICALY be a member of the EU; it would have to go through the membership procedures.

It is not just Barosso who has said this; but many other prominent EU politicians and officials as well; as has been well documented in this and similar topics.

The UK has already lost one member - Eire.

Scotland could be next then Wales?

This would leave England and Northern Ireland. I think at that point England would finally come to the conclusion it doesn't want to be involved with Northern Ireland and leave too.....leaving Northern Ireland as the last remaining nation in the "Union" - som nam na!

May be without the Scot's Eire will want to rejoin the Union. cheesy.gif

Wales, hope not, that's where my water comes from, any way without us Brummies taking all that water Wales will flood.

Sort of like the disastrous duo then? Now why would anyone in their right mind want to team up with a man like Lamont if he knew what he was doing. Norman Lamont......

Undoubtedly the worst Chancellor of the Exchequer the UK has ever had the misfortune and misjudgement of the Conservative Party to foist on the Electorate,as someone who had some form of training in economics.biggrin.png

And almost Bankrupt the UK in one day( George Sorous ran rings around him,and took us to the cleaners,for something like 12Billion) ) ,was reported as later that fateful day as singing in his bath to the tune of "Everthing is coming up Roses" a Tory Fruitcake and nut job bar non

There is a whole pagefull of Lamont crap,who is the man: the more he F***** ** the higher he went up the ladder,just goes to show the power of public schooling!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/september/16/newsid_2519000/2519013.stm

Just to make myself clear as you obviously don't know the ins and outs of this debate or have been following it as closely as those of us who will in fact have a vote.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johann_Lamont

I suggest you go and find the debate between her and Sturgeon.

I am not talking about a fish.....just in case.....well......tongue.png

• Like 1

Which UK will that be?

The UK less the Scot's, That's England, Wales and Northern Ireland. that is 90% of what it is today, and Scotland will be just Scotland unless they can find a bed partner to form a union with.

Latest news is "If Scotland were to vote for independence, both Royal Bank of Scotland and Lloyds may be forced to move their registered offices or legal homes to London under European Union law".http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-26455655

This is just meaningless drivel, with the utmost respect Basil please try harder.

• Like 2

Which UK will that be?

This is just meaningless drivel, with the utmost respect Basil please try harder.

Please, the Drivel on here is by those who are stating that for some unexplained reason after splitting from the Union , Scotland will automatically become a member of the EU and will have joint control of the GBP.

• Like 2

Can we English people have a referendum to find out if we want Scotland in the United Kingdom?

How can one country have a referendum about another country's fate???? This just about sums up the English attitude to the Union.

- England could of course have a referendum as to remaining in the Union - just the same as Scotland.

Ok, can we the English, Welsh, and them from NI have a referendum to leave the Union and form another without the awkward Scot's? rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Just to make myself clear as you obviously don't know the ins and outs of this debate or have been following it as closely as those of us who will in fact have a vote.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johann_Lamont

I suggest you go and find the debate between her and Sturgeon.

I am not talking about a fish.....just in case.....well......tongue.png

My mistake I got the wrong Lamont!

• Like 1

Another plus point: It would banish forever those plaintive squeals to admit the Old Firm to the Premiership.

At last!

You've hit the nail on the head.

one season in the Premier League the Celtic and Rangers would be in the Championship league.

The Irony is when Scotland votes yes they will be relegating themselves also.

Another plus point: It would banish forever those plaintive squeals to admit the Old Firm to the Premiership.

At last!

You've hit the nail on the head.

one season in the Premier League the Celtic and Rangers would be in the Championship league.

The Irony is when Scotland votes yes they will be relegating themselves also.

Plus while they're not in the EU, Scottish players would need a work permit to play in England.

biggrin.png

Please, the Drivel on here is by those who are stating that for some unexplained reason after splitting from the Union , Scotland will automatically become a member of the EU and will have joint control of the GBP.

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Resource/0042/00423466.pdf

I suggest you read this and digest what it says. The UK Government is currently avoiding this discussion on purely political grounds.

In the event of a YES vote they will sit down and discuss how to work such a monetary union....simply because its the best thing for the rest of the UK.

As to the EU membership issue it is a moot point....Scotland will gain entry to the EU with ease as we all know....the time scale for such an occurrence is an irrelevance to Scottish voters.

• Like 1

Please take them to England....then we may see the team from the town where the last declaration of independence was signed rise to win the SPL.....what a great day that would be! smile.png

....then we may see the team from the town where the last declaration of independence was signed rise to win the SPL.....what a great day that would be! smile.png

One can live in hope re the Red Lichties...

Actually the town of the Smokie would be hard hit by independence as 45 Commando would be relocated south. Beware what you wish for...

....then we may see the team from the town where the last declaration of independence was signed rise to win the SPL.....what a great day that would be! smile.png

One can live in hope re the Red Lichties...

Actually the town of the Smokie would be hard hit by independence as 45 Commando would be relocated south. Beware what you wish for...

But as you keep pointing out we wouldn't have to adhere to EU fishing quotas. whistling.gif

Edited by smokie36

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Resource/0042/00423466.pdf

I suggest you read this and digest what it says. The UK Government is currently avoiding this discussion on purely political grounds.

So, a link to a paper from the 'Yes' campaign and we are to take it as Holy Writ!

As far as the UK government is concerned; there is nothing to discuss; it's a non issue. All the major parties have made that perfectly clear.

Scotland will not keep the pound just because Salmond wants to.

The UK government will not enter into a currency union with an independent Scotland just because Salmond wants it to.

The EU will not allow an independent Scotland to join without adopting the Euro just because Salmond wants it to.

Salmond is attempting to hoodwink the Scottish people that he will get his way on everything. He seems to have been successful in this with some; but I wonder how they will feel if Scotland does become independent and the realpolitik then bites Salmond in the arse.

Edited to add quote.

Edited by 7by7