Scotland to become independent in March 2016 if referendum passes

News_Editor

SC you mention a North / South divide,,then you mention a East/West divide yet you conclude with we are one United Kingdom.... aye it no an even bounce...

As you assert that you never cherry pick, you must have missed this bit.

The foolishness of such an idea merely highlights the foolishness of splitting up such a closely integrated United Kingdom.

New glasses needed, perhaps?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, according to that I side with Labour; which comes as no surprise to me.

What it has to do with this topic, though, even though there was one question about Scottish independence, only you know.

I think it could be helpful in dispelling this deliberate lies put out by the Nat bashers that a vote for Independence would see Alex Salmond made PM, King, Pontiff and Dark Overlord for all eternity.

It can show that Independents do have a rainbow hue, and that the future of an independent Scottish parliament will be much less one dimensional than is suggested.

• Like 2

10401551_708401769218311_359282499887385Danny Alexander confirms no border checkpoints

Sun, 18/05/2014 -

This week’s admission by the UK government that there would be no border checkpoints between an independent Scotland and the rest of the UK serves as further embarrassment to... seemed to recall quite a hue and cry from the independence bathers on this topic,,,

All bar two of the countries in your picture are members of the Schengen Area. Do you know what that is?

Of the other two, Monaco immigration matters are handled by the French government and the UK and RoI, along with the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands, form a common travel area.

There are fixed land border check points between the RoI and Northern Ireland, as well as mobile ones. Run by both countries.

Have you previously provided a link to the governments 'admission', if so I must have missed it. If not, can you do so.

Or do you have just one, Scottish, MP's opinion?

As far as I am aware, this matter is just one of many to be decided, with various options on the table, should Scotland become independent.

Whether an independent Scotland would join the CTA, Schengen or neither is something we will have to wait and see.

10401551_708401769218311_359282499887385Danny Alexander confirms no border checkpoints

Sun, 18/05/2014 -

This week’s admission by the UK government that there would be no border checkpoints between an independent Scotland and the rest of the UK serves as further embarrassment to... seemed to recall quite a hue and cry from the independence bathers on this topic,,,

i seem to remember quite clearly 7 by 7 ( or is it joseph or snoop dog ) harping on quite lyrically about border controls with such over excitement ,as did his fellow unionists,,,of course it was not a scare tactic,,no,no who would think that,,,Anyway apart from show me where i said that etc etc...will this be another overlooked posting after so much intense speculation and agreement before...

Well, according to that I side with Labour; which comes as no surprise to me.

What it has to do with this topic, though, even though there was one question about Scottish independence, only you know.

I think it could be helpful in dispelling this deliberate lies put out by the Nat bashers that a vote for Independence would see Alex Salmond made PM, King, Pontiff and Dark Overlord for all eternity.

It can show that Independents do have a rainbow hue, and that the future of an independent Scottish parliament will be much less one dimensional than is suggested.

I'm sorry, the above makes no sense.

What lies? Not lies, but opinions.

Are you saying that if Scotland becomes independent the SNP will immediately disband and Salmond and his cronies retire from public life?

Salmon certainly sees himself as the first Prime Minister/President/whatever of an independent Scotland. Although it would, of course, be for the Scottish people to decide.

When an election is held.

I bet you £50 that if the vote is Yes that Salmond declares he and his party will continue in government until negotiations on the exact terms of the break are decided. He will then call an election at a time which suits him.

How can the poll on one website show anything about the make up of any future Independent Scottish government?

It doesn't ask for the respondents nationality.

Where did I suggest that he was a spokesman for anyone? You really must stop editorialising others' comments for effect, or at least be a bit more subtle with it.

The implication in the original posting of the clip by Wigan and your crowing about it was clear. Her is an ex minister using the word 'scare' so it must be true.

You second sentence is typical of Wigan; no answer, so through in an insult. I thought better of you; please don't descend to that level.

What I clearly implied was that this man has huge political experience, and he understands how governments operate as well as the most qualified of observers. I concluded by saying that I would believe him before I believed you. I still feel that way.

Whom you believe is up to you.

But as he speaks neither for Better Together nor the government to take his use of the word 'scare' as proof of scaremongering by either is a desperate ploy, unworthy of you.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Sun, 18/05/2014 -

i seem to remember quite clearly 7 by 7 ( or is it joseph or snoop dog ) harping on quite lyrically about border controls with such over excitement ,as did his fellow unionists,,,of course it was not a scare tactic,,no,no who would think that,,,Anyway apart from show me where i said that etc etc...will this be another overlooked posting after so much intense speculation and agreement before...

Overlooked?

You seem to have missed the post immediately above yours.

You really must get those new glasses, old boy.

Here it is again.

Sun, 18/05/2014 -

All bar two of the countries in your picture are members of the Schengen Area. Do you know what that is?

Of the other two, Monaco immigration matters are handled by the French government and the UK and RoI, along with the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands, form a common travel area.

There are fixed land border check points between the RoI and Northern Ireland, as well as mobile ones. Run by both countries.

Have you previously provided a link to the governments 'admission', if so I must have missed it. If not, can you do so.

As far as I am aware, this matter is just one of many to be decided, with various options on the table, should Scotland become independent.

Whether an independent Scotland would join the CTA, Schengen or neither is something we will have to wait and see.

I'm sorry, the above makes no sense.

What lies? Not lies, but opinions.

Are you saying that if Scotland becomes independent the SNP will immediately disband and Salmond and his cronies retire from public life?

Salmon certainly sees himself as the first Prime Minister/President/whatever of an independent Scotland. Although it would, of course, be for the Scottish people to decide.

When an election is held.

I bet you £50 that if the vote is Yes that Salmond declares he and his party will continue in government until negotiations on the exact terms of the break are decided. He will then call an election at a time which suits him.

How can the poll on one website show anything about the make up of any future Independent Scottish government?

It doesn't ask for the respondents nationality.

What doesn't make sense? Whether you agree with it or not, whether it is correct or not, as a piece of text, it makes sense.

Did you really put much thought into what you wrote? The SNP are currently elected to the Scottish Parliament with a mandate to rule within the terms of the devolution agreement. That agreement will remain in force until the dissolution of the union, and the SNP will, thus, remain in power during this period.

As has been stated elsewhere, upon securing a Yes majority, a cross party working party will immediately commence the task of negotiating the dissolution with rUK. It would be nothing short of irresponsible for the SNP to do do anything other than continue the running of the devolved Scotland so your offer of a bet is pointless.

Finally, I think you are being deliberately obtuse - I am stating that by answering the questions on the site, it can show that we are not all enthralled by each and every policy of the SNP; we just rally round a common cause.

• Like 2

So Salmond will remain in power until it suits him to call an election?

As for the poll, you answer would only make sense if only Scottish people could respond. As anyone, anywhere of any nationality can; it doesn't.

In addition, only the respondents result is given; it shows nothing about other respondents, whether they be Scottish or not.

Therefore it shows nothing about the future make up of any government; Scottish or elsewhere.

That is why your earlier post makes no sense.

Where did I suggest that he was a spokesman for anyone? You really must stop editorialising others' comments for effect, or at least be a bit more subtle with it.

The implication in the original posting of the clip by Wigan and your crowing about it was clear. Her is an ex minister using the word 'scare' so it must be true.

You second sentence is typical of Wigan; no answer, so through in an insult. I thought better of you; please don't descend to that level.

What I clearly implied was that this man has huge political experience, and he understands how governments operate as well as the most qualified of observers. I concluded by saying that I would believe him before I believed you. I still feel that way.

Whom you believe is up to you.

But as he speaks neither for Better Together nor the government to take his use of the word 'scare' as proof of scaremongering by either is a desperate ploy, unworthy of you.

It is very tiresome, yet you use this defence so often - nothing I wrote was insulting but, once again, you generate something from nothing. You took my post and from it summarised thus, "to try and suggest that he speaks for the government is utterly ridiculous." At no point did I make any such assertion. So you editorialised my post to create drama and mock outrage from nothing. To cap it all, you put on your patronising cap with, "I thought better of you". Writing such drivel does not make you right, it makes you a bore.

• Like 2

Sun, 18/05/2014 -

Where are these located ?

http://newsnetscotland.com/index.php/referendum/9193-unelected-lords-say-indy-scotland-should-have-no-call-on-existing-uk-institutionsy Why

we are better together...

Unelected Lords say indy Scotland should have no call on existing UK institutionsA committee of unelected peers has said that independence should mean Scotland becoming a successor state, with no call on institutions such as the BBC and the Bank of England.

In a new report published today they recommended the remainder of the UK would keep all the existing international agreements with Scotland having to renegotiate.

The peers also urged Prime Minister David Cameron to ignore the Scottish Government's timetable for post-Yes negotiations.

Baroness Jay of Paddington, chairman of the committee, said: "We urge the UK Government to put the rest of the UK’s interests first in the event of independence negotiations. The Prime Minister should feel under no obligation to conclude negotiations by March 2016. The Scottish Government’s proposed timetable has no legal or constitutional standing.....A lifetime of being influenced by patronizing unelected buffoons,,well you could have some sympathy for the psychological damage that has been done on some of our Southern cousins as well as our fellow Scots

The Independence referendum is a vote on Scotland’s potential and the benefits of controlling our own affairs. It is also a vote on Westminster’s record. When we examine that record, we find that Westminster isn’t working. It isn’t working economically. It isn’t working to build a fair society. It isn’t working to build a safer world. Spin doctors in London plan to commission 13 reports to stop Independence. They hope to make people feel uncertain and afraid. The reality is that many serious problems already exist within the UK – and Westminster is failing to address them.

Here are 13 reasons why Westminster has failed:

- See more at: http://nationalcollective.com/2012/12/16/unlucky-for-some-13-westminster-failures/#sthash.CbA5Fp80.dpuf

The Independence referendum is a vote on Scotland’s potential and the benefits of controlling our own affairs. It is also a vote on Westminster’s record. When we examine that record, we find that Westminster isn’t working. It isn’t working economically. It isn’t working to build a fair society. It isn’t working to build a safer world. Spin doctors in London plan to commission 13 reports to stop Independence. They hope to make people feel uncertain and afraid. The reality is that many serious problems already exist within the UK – and Westminster is failing to address them.

Here are 13 reasons why Westminster has failed:

- See more at: http://nationalcollective.com/2012/12/16/unlucky-for-some-13-westminster-failures/#sthash.CbA5Fp80.dpuf

No it isn't. It's a vote on whether we want to break up our country, and split Scotland off from the rest of the nation.

SC

• Like 1

I hadn't yet posted on this thread, and haven't read the comments thus far.

Isn't Scotland where men wear kilts and play bagpipes? If it gets divvied up further, are there going to be additional countries named; Aberdeen, Glasgow, Loch Ness, and Shetland?

• Like 1

http://wingsoverscotland.com/liars-plague-our-land/

Spending on NHS Scotland is determined solely by the Scottish Government, which allocates resources to it from its budget as it sees fit, with no input from WestminsterPolitical independence would therefore change absolutely nothing about the relationship between four services which are already independent. The mechanisms governing cross-border treatment and funding already exist and are used daily, and patients are further protected by the European Health Insurance Card scheme which ensures reciprocal treatment in any states in the European Economic Area.

We’re sure that “Vote No Borders” already know all this, but have made the decision to cynically take advantage of the fact that a great many Scots don’t in order to frighten them with the false prospect that they or their loved ones might suffer as a result of Scotland voting to run its own affairs.

(Which is presumably also why comments are disabled on all their YouTube videos, lest anyone want to let viewers know the truth.)

• Like 1

Isn't Scotland where men wear kilts and play bagpipes? If it gets divvied up further, are there going to be additional countries named; Aberdeen, Glasgow, Loch Ness, and Shetland?

I'm sure you mention this as a joke, but this is what happens to people who aspire to become big fish in a small pond.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I'm sure you mention this as a joke, but this is what happens to people who aspire to become big fish in a small pond.

What happens? I am not sure I follow? Are you suggesting that independence will lead to the Balkanisation of Scotland?

• Like 2

The CBI cant even cover up their cover up

http://newsnetscotland.com/index.php/scottish-news/9231-doubts-cast-over-cbi-junior-official-claims-as-electoral-commission-publishes-registration-document

The Confederation of British Industry's application to become a registered participant in the independence referendum was signed by two of the group's most senior officials it has emerged.

The Electoral Commission (EC) has published the CBI's application on its website showing that the lobby group's request to register as an official backer of the 'No' campaign was sanctioned by its head of political campaigns, Richard Maughan,

• Like 2

What happens? I am not sure I follow? Are you suggesting that independence will lead to the Balkanisation of Scotland?

I think he's using reductio ad absurdum to illustrate his view that secession is foolish.

http://wingsoverscotland.com/liars-plague-our-land/

Spending on NHS Scotland is determined solely by the Scottish Government, which allocates resources to it from its budget as it sees fit, with no input from WestminsterPolitical independence would therefore change absolutely nothing about the relationship between four services which are already independent. The mechanisms governing cross-border treatment and funding already exist and are used daily, and patients are further protected by the European Health Insurance Card scheme which ensures reciprocal treatment in any states in the European Economic Area.

We’re sure that “Vote No Borders” already know all this, but have made the decision to cynically take advantage of the fact that a great many Scots don’t in order to frighten them with the false prospect that they or their loved ones might suffer as a result of Scotland voting to run its own affairs.

(Which is presumably also why comments are disabled on all their YouTube videos, lest anyone want to let viewers know the truth.)

of course the advert is just an opinion .Even though it is a blatant lie it is an opinion...The lie is not to deceive anyone,It is not to scare any one..It is only an opinion

Are the actors even Scottish or live in Scotland. ?,,like their actors in the photo poster campaign ,who are based and live in England.

Would a Scottish person or someone familiar with the nuances use the word muppet.?..Would the E word not be more appropriate to the text if authentic as more commonly used in Scottish dialogue.

.So come on yes bashers defend this,,you normally have lots of irrelevant counter arguments and of course the NHS is relevant is it not ?

How the voting thing % wise will work I don't know, but imagine the YES get it 55/45 and the idea turns out to be a complete cock-up for Scotland.

How are the 45% going to feel, how will they react down the line.............?

For a serious Scotland move the vote should be near unanimous in my opinion......

How the voting thing % wise will work I don't know, but imagine the YES get it 55/45 and the idea turns out to be a complete cock-up for Scotland.

For a serious Scotland move the vote should be near unanimous in my opinion......

I hope that most of the voters will err on the side of caution - better the devil you know, and so forth.

Notwithstanding that the Scots are as British as anyone...

SC

You make a fair point but where would you draw the line, and what ratio of Yes / No voters would be acceptable to permit secession?

Rather than focusing on split of opinion, I think more important is the push to make sure as many voters as possible are in full possession of the facts, and not just bombarded by propaganda and lies, such that they can make an informed decision.

I appreciate that, at this point, I am opening myself up to attack from those who are convinced that not a single word of truth comes from the Yes campaign, and the No campaign speaks nothing but the gospel truth, so, for the record, as I stated in an earlier post, I do not believe that the campaigning seen to date would impress any arbiter of perfect information, but I do believe that Project Fear is a genuine thing, and that, in the future, on a Yes vote, people will look at Darling and co with a sense of disgust that they tried to win the debate with lies.

• Like 1

You make a fair point but where would you draw the line, and what ratio of Yes / No voters would be acceptable to permit secession?

Rather than focusing on split of opinion, I think more important is the push to make sure as many voters as possible are in full possession of the facts, and not just bombarded by propaganda and lies, such that they can make an informed decision.

I appreciate that, at this point, I am opening myself up to attack from those who are convinced that not a single word of truth comes from the Yes campaign, and the No campaign speaks nothing but the gospel truth, so, for the record, as I stated in an earlier post, I do not believe that the campaigning seen to date would impress any arbiter of perfect information, but I do believe that Project Fear is a genuine thing, and that, in the future, on a Yes vote, people will look at Darling and co with a sense of disgust that they tried to win the debate with lies.

Unfortunately we went on and on about the unfairness of the 1979 referendum, which required 40% to vote in favour of devolution, so such a rule was unlikely to be applied again. I just hope that there is a good turn-out for the referendum, and that the result is not close, for the sake of the future

SC

• Like 2