Scotland to become independent in March 2016 if referendum passes

News_Editor

I see, PJ, that having been proven wrong you now descend even further into childishness.

You'll be telling me that your dad can beat up my dad next!

Which would actually be true as my dad died 4 years ago.

BTW, how many of your No cronies have backed you up on the absurd idea that the UK is not a nation?

That would be a little difficult as my father died in 1985.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif I don't have any NO cronies clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

and I am pretty sure that my YES cronies are all aware that Scotland is definitely a

nation!!!!

Looks like I may have been correct about your current employment then?? thumbsup.gif

I am afraid you were not quite fast enough with your edit laddie!!!

Edited by phuketjock
  • Like 1

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The news that Falkirk Council’s arms length Leisure Trust have now pulled misleading and factually inaccurate adverts for the NO campaign funded by Tory businessmen based in the North of England has been welcomed by members of YES Falkirk.

This follows a complaint lodged with the Trust and their paymasters, Falkirk Council by the local authority’s SNP Group who claimed the adds were a breach of council rules on the use of publicly owned facilities at election time

.http://www.snp-falkirk.org/new/2014/05/24/victory-for-snp-as-falkirk-council-pulls-no-campaign-adverts/

Despite the spin put on this by the SNP, the important part of this is "the adds (sic) were a breach of council rules on the use of publicly owned facilities at election time."

The same would have happened if they had published the misleading and factually inaccurate stuff put out by organisations like wingsoverscotland.

It wasn't that these ads were for one side or the other; it was because political ads of any kind are not allowed in this type of publication during an election campaign.

A fact neatly ignored by the Yes supporters.

I see, PJ, that having been proven wrong you now descend even further into childishness.

BTW, how many of your No cronies have backed you up on the absurd idea that the UK is not a nation?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif I don't have any NO cronies clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

and I am pretty sure that my YES cronies are all aware that Scotland is definitely a

nation!!!!

Looks like I may have been correct about your current employment then?? thumbsup.gif

Good to see that we are ALL in agreement about those No cronies!

• Like 2

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif:cheesy: I don't have any NO cronies clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

nation!!!!

Continue with your childish insults all you like; it simply shows that you know you have no facts to back up your absurdities.

One last attempt to educate you.

Is Scotland a member of the EU? No; the UK is.

Is Scotland a member of the UN? No; the UK is.

Is Scotland a member of the ECtHR? No; the UK is.

Is Scotland a member of the IMF? No; the UK is.

Is Scotland a member of NATO? No; the UK is.

The list goes on and on.

Of course, the same is true of England, Northern Ireland and Wales.

We may refer to them as 'nations' when talking about things like the 6 nations rugby; but in reality and legally all four are constituent parts of one nation; the UK.

Calling me a clown may make you feel like the big boy in the playground; but it doesn't change the facts.

How so? It was made before your post and is included in your quote of my post!

For those who are wondering; it was to add the last line.

nation!!!!

Continue with your childish insults all you like; it simply shows that you know you have no facts to back up your absurdities.

One last attempt to educate you.

Is Scotland a member of the EU? No; the UK is.

Is Scotland a member of the UN? No; the UK is.

Is Scotland a member of the ECtHR? No; the UK is.

Is Scotland a member of the IMF? No; the UK is.

Is Scotland a member of NATO? No; the UK is.

The list goes on and on.

Of course, the same is true of England, Northern Ireland and Wales.

We may refer to them as 'nations' when talking about things like the 6 nations rugby; but in reality and legally all four are constituent parts of one nation; the UK.

Calling me a clown may make you feel like the big boy in the playground; but it doesn't change the facts.

How so? It was made before your post and is included in your quote of my post!

For those who are wondering; it was to add the last line.

I can confirm that you were hoisted by your own petard, but I shall leave the petty attempts at point scoring your good, Pavlovian self.

• Like 2

This topic started out as an intelligent debate between supporters of Scottish independence and supporters of the Union.

Unfortunately it has now been hijacked by a triumvirate who are not interested in debate but simply want to pat each other on the back when they post their, often factually inaccurate, links and rubbish and insult those who do not agree with them and post facts with which they cannot contend.

(Edit; the above post, made whilst I was typing this one, is a prime example.)

I will continue to dip in from time to time and may even post occasionally; but see no point in regularly contributing while this attitude continues.

Enjoy your mutual appreciation society, boys.

you wont be missed and your wife will be happy....enjoy the sunshine in sussex

• Like 1

This topic started out as an intelligent debate between supporters of Scottish independence and supporters of the Union.

Unfortunately it has now been hijacked by a triumvirate who are not interested in debate but simply want to pat each other on the back when they post their, often factually inaccurate, links and rubbish and insult those who do not agree with them and post facts with which they cannot contend.

(Edit; the above post, made whilst I was typing this one, is a prime example.)

I will continue to dip in from time to time and may even post occasionally; but see no point in regularly contributing while this attitude continues.

Enjoy your mutual appreciation society, boys.

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

intheclub.gif.pagespeed.ce.TVIbELwsxN.gi Time for that burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif lads cheers!!

can confirm that you were hoisted by your own petard, but I shall leave the petty attempts at point scoring your good, Pavlovian self. by ruam

Has to be the quote of the topic

Well said

such a humble intelligent fellow you are,,Thank you for sharing your thoughts and your input into the topic

• Like 1

Still haven't had a real answer about the NO vote Scots if it goes tits up. Two posters here keep going on about how great it will be under King Salmond, BUT, if it does not what will YOU say here to those voters.....?

Still haven't had a real answer about the NO vote Scots if it goes tits up. Two posters here keep going on about how great it will be under King Salmond, BUT, if it does not what will YOU say here to those voters.....?

Seriously, I simply don't know what sort of an answer will satisfy you.

I see independence being a bit like a marriage. When you get married, you generally don't set out with a plan to get divorced later, so you probably haven't rehearsed your separation speech. But what will I say? Well, I certainly would not deny my support for separation; we are at a fork in the road and one path still has to be built, the other is well trodden and pretty grim, with no sign of improvement. I will admit that I was on the side of those who chose to build our own future.

Still, on the assumption that your worst case scenario plays out, I don't think I would offer any sort of apology for my beliefs because I am not sure it is something to apologise for.

Similarly, should independence herald a golden age for Scotland, I don't think that those who were against it should feel contrite.

I think many protagonists for the yes vote do not care if Scotland goes tit up as they think they will qualify for dual nationality.

can confirm that you were hoisted by your own petard, but I shall leave the petty attempts at point scoring your good, Pavlovian self. by ruam

Has to be the quote of the topic

Well said

such a humble intelligent fellow you are,,Thank you for sharing your thoughts and your input into the topic

Please, you embarrass me! I am just a grease monkey with a fondness for arcane words and a dislike for things that seem, to me, to be unjust.

As I said elsewhere, if we had a level playing field and perfect information the decision should be a no-brainer, but these people deliberately disseminating confusion and consternation distort the picture so much that I cannot stay quiet.

• Like 1

I see independence being a bit like a marriage. When you get married, you generally don't set out with a plan to get divorced later, so you probably haven't rehearsed your separation speech. But what will I say? Well, I certainly would not deny my support for separation; we are at a fork in the road and one path still has to be built, the other is well trodden and pretty grim, with no sign of improvement. I will admit that I was on the side of those who chose to build our own future.

Still, on the assumption that your worst case scenario plays out, I don't think I would offer any sort of apology for my beliefs because I am not sure it is something to apologise for.

Similarly, should independence herald a golden age for Scotland, I don't think that those who were against it should feel contrite.

To me the last century has taken most UK folk out of poverty. The UK has moved on as a union to even things up. NOW, if folk and their kids don't have the latest iPhone it is a calamity, folk have forgotten about social security that the poor masses fought for. For them it is just there.

The population mass of the UK has provided stuff, even folk abroad not in our Union. You folk forget all that stuff.

• Like 1

To me the last century has taken most UK folk out of poverty. The UK has moved on as a union to even things up. NOW, if folk and their kids don't have the latest iPhone it is a calamity, folk have forgotten about social security that the poor masses fought for. For them it is just there.

The population mass of the UK has provided stuff, even folk abroad not in our Union. You folk forget all that stuff.

Of course, the relative poverty in the UK cannot be compared with those living in war or drought ravaged countries, but the fact is that there are still people in the UK struggling to heat their homes or put food on the table. According to Oxfam, 20% of the UK population live in poverty and the difference in life expectancy between rich and poor areas is as high as 17 years (http://www.oxfam.org.uk/what-we-do/issues-we-work-on/poverty-in-the-uk?cid=rdt_uk). We have come a long way but there is still a long way to go, however, rather than assisting those at the bottom of the pile, our government is punishing them for being poor.

• Like 2

Of course, the relative poverty in the UK cannot be compared with those living in war or drought ravaged countries, but the fact is that there are still people in the UK struggling to heat their homes or put food on the table. According to Oxfam, 20% of the UK population live in poverty and the difference in life expectancy between rich and poor areas is as high as 17 years (http://www.oxfam.org.uk/what-we-do/issues-we-work-on/poverty-in-the-uk?cid=rdt_uk). We have come a long way but there is still a long way to go, however, rather than assisting those at the bottom of the pile, our government is punishing them for being poor.

Total rolox................The new iPhone comes before the electric bill. Old folk can be taken care of IF IF IF younger/family folk work to sort it.

Ask your "poor" folk if they have a Chinese meal delivered now and again, or go to McD's, I IF I WAS LUCKY I HAD A TIN OF PEACHES ON SUNDAY BETWEEN US. You folk make me SICK.............w00t.gif

I had coats put over me in bed if I was cold, mum and dad worked........w00t.gif

Get your head out your ass you lot and TRY and understand how WE FOUGHT for a poor mans better life.

Total rolox................The new iPhone comes before the electric bill. Old folk can be taken care of IF IF IF younger/family folk work to sort it.

Ask your "poor" folk if they have a Chinese meal delivered now and again, or go to McD's, I IF I WAS LUCKY I HAD A TIN OF PEACHES ON SUNDAY BETWEEN US. You folk make me SICK.............w00t.gif

I had coats put over me in bed if I was cold, mum and dad worked........w00t.gif

Get your head out your ass you lot and TRY and understand how WE FOUGHT for a poor mans better life.

I don't intend to get into some Pythonesque debate about who had the richer experience of being poor, but I am certainly interested in hearing how YOU fought to better the poor mans' life, and as a follow up, maybe you could tell us at what point you considered that you had won?

As someone who originated from the lower class, and not having the advantage of family wealth or having a decent education as you obviously enjoyed, (in fact I was educated in the lowest education authority in England and Wales, Labour controlled of course!) I think you and Oxfam have got it all wrong, many of those people living in poverty never intended or tried to raise themselves from their starting level. They were satisfied with what the system gave them, and if they could take possession of the newest version of the IPhone, while wearing the latest fashionable so called sports shoes, then great. Many of these people in recent years have Not been assisted by government handouts, they have just looked apron them as an escape from the responsibility of taking care of themselves. And before you jump down my throat, I did say many not all. This is where I think you RuamRudy have got it all wrong regarding Scottish separation, you are very naive in thinking that things will improve for the lowest members of society in a separated Scotland, they will not, but of course only time will tell.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

As someone who originated from the lower class, and not having the advantage of family wealth or having a decent education as you obviously enjoyed, (in fact I was educated in the lowest education authority in England and Wales, Labour controlled of course!) I think you and Oxfam have got it all wrong, many of those people living in poverty never intended or tried to raise themselves from their starting level. They were satisfied with what the system gave them, and if they could take possession of the newest version of the IPhone, while wearing the latest fashionable so called sports shoes, then great. Many of these people in recent years have Not been assisted by government handouts, they have just looked apron them as an escape from the responsibility of taking care of themselves. And before you jump down my throat, I did say many not all. This is where I think you RuamRudy have got it all wrong regarding Scottish separation, you are very naive in thinking that things will improve for the lowest members of society in a separated Scotland, they will not, but of course only time will tell.

You make a large number of assumptions about me, all of which are, unfortunately wrong. I don't intend to put my biography on the page but I went to one of the largest comprehensive schools in the UK in one of the poorest regions of Scotland during the years when the EIS had a work to rule. I left school at 16 and took an electrical apprenticeship with a company that has, over the years, looked after me very well, but anything other than what I learnt when completing my HNC, I learnt myself.

As it happens, I don't agree with you and your Daily Mail rhetoric. I don't say this to bait you or jump down your throat, I just see things differently. I am also long enough in the tooth to understand that I probably won't achieve anything by trying to convince you otherwise, however the childish aspect of me cannot resist pointing delicious contradiction in your closing remarks.

• Like 2

you wont be missed

Of course I wont be by you; those who ask the awkward questions and post facts the opposition don't care for never are by that opposition.

and your wife will be happy....enjoy the sunshine in sussex

My wife is already happy, thank you; and if I go to Sussex I'll be sure to enjoy whatever sunshine there may be there.

As I said elsewhere, if we had a level playing field and perfect information the decision should be a no-brainer, but these people deliberately disseminating confusion and consternation distort the picture so much that I cannot stay quiet.

Indeed, if the Yes campaigners such as wingsoverscotland didn't distort the facts so much then the playing field would be level.

There are both pros and cons about Scottish independence; but the Yes campaigners don't want people to know the cons; so they make feeble attempts to disprove them and when they fail at that make silly accusations of scaremongering and bullying.

Why is it scaremongering and bullying to make the Scottish people aware of the disadvantages of independence?

They don't want a level playing field as they know that would mean they would lose. Hence their dirty tricks, of which there have been ample examples posted in this topic.

And that is it from me for a while. I'll pop back to read the insults from the triumvirate which will now doubtless follow this post; I am always up for a good laugh.

I want Scotland to become independent, but not with Alex Salmond in charge, he is a great politician who would wipe the floor with Cameron in a debate, but Salmond wants homosexual marriages, and that's why he will never get my vote.

I don't intend to get into some Pythonesque debate about who had the richer experience of being poor, but I am certainly interested in hearing how YOU fought to better the poor mans' life, and as a follow up, maybe you could tell us at what point you considered that you had won?

I never got an iPhone, or any phone, but the UK took care of me a few times..............

Yes I went on strike to improve stuff, and us working folk did it and made things better......

I never got an iPhone, or any phone, but the UK took care of me a few times..............

Yes I went on strike to improve stuff, and us working folk did it and made things better......

Well, according to Save the Children, there are 220,000 children in Scotland who would disagree that things are better.

http://www.savethechildren.org.uk/sites/default/files/images/child_poverty_facts_2013.pdf

OK, ask if the needy kids dads have a car, ask if they ever have takeaways delivered, ask if they have a cell phone payed for by someone. Ask if the house has a computer and the running costs, have TV channels via satellite, ask if..................................... rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

I want Scotland to become independent, but not with Alex Salmond in charge, he is a great politician who would wipe the floor with Cameron in a debate, but Salmond wants homosexual marriages, and that's why he will never get my vote.

So will / would you vote for independence on the understanding that, upon separation, another election would be called for the new parliament, possibly without Salmond as PM?

possum I understand your dilemma but as has been said time and time again on this thread this referendum

is not about Alex Salmond it is about independence for Scotland, Salmond is merely the means to that end, I

would urge you to put your feelings for Salmond aside for now and go for the independent Scotland you want.

Alex Salmond will at best be around, I think, for no more than a couple of years at most after independence.

BTW possum I too am against homosexual marriage but I could not let that stop me from seeking independence

for Scotland. A vote for indepedence for Scotland is not a vote supporting homosexual marriage is it?

possum I understand your dilemma but as has been said time and time again on this thread this referendum

is not about Alex Salmond it is about independence for Scotland, Salmond is merely the means to that end, I

would urge you to put your feelings for Salmond aside for now and go for the independent Scotland you want.

Alex Salmond will at best be around, I think, for no more than a couple of years at most after independence.

BTW possum I too am against homosexual marriage but I could not let that stop me from seeking independence

for Scotland. A vote for indepedence for Scotland is not a vote supporting homosexual marriage is it?

I know that Jock, I will be voting for independence, what I'm saying is if Scotland get a yes, which I don't think they will, I will not be voting for Salmonds party to run Scotland for the reasons I've mentioned.

My last address before I came to stay in Thailand, and I also use it now to get my bank cards sent to me, was in England. I am hoping to rent a bedsit for a couple of months when I go to Scotland in August and use it to vote, whether that will be allowed is another matter.

A vote for an independent Scotland is a vote for freedom, both sides of the border. So vote, please.coffee1.gif

I like this post, although you could have mentioned that the remaining UK will be the nett gainer.