Scotland to become independent in March 2016 if referendum passes

The Independence referendum is a vote on Scotland’s potential and the benefits of controlling our own affairs. It is also a vote on Westminster’s record. When we examine that record, we find that Westminster isn’t working. It isn’t working economically. It isn’t working to build a fair society. It isn’t working to build a safer world. Spin doctors in London plan to commission 13 reports to stop Independence. They hope to make people feel uncertain and afraid. The reality is that many serious problems already exist within the UK – and Westminster is failing to address them.

Here are 13 reasons why Westminster has failed:

- See more at: http://nationalcollective.com/2012/12/16/unlucky-for-some-13-westminster-failures/#sthash.CbA5Fp80.dpuf

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Independence referendum is a vote on Scotland’s potential and the benefits of controlling our own affairs. It is also a vote on Westminster’s record. When we examine that record, we find that Westminster isn’t working. It isn’t working economically. It isn’t working to build a fair society. It isn’t working to build a safer world. Spin doctors in London plan to commission 13 reports to stop Independence. They hope to make people feel uncertain and afraid. The reality is that many serious problems already exist within the UK – and Westminster is failing to address them.

Here are 13 reasons why Westminster has failed:

- See more at: http://nationalcollective.com/2012/12/16/unlucky-for-some-13-westminster-failures/#sthash.CbA5Fp80.dpuf

No it isn't. It's a vote on whether we want to break up our country, and split Scotland off from the rest of the nation.

SC

• Like 1

I hadn't yet posted on this thread, and haven't read the comments thus far.

Isn't Scotland where men wear kilts and play bagpipes? If it gets divvied up further, are there going to be additional countries named; Aberdeen, Glasgow, Loch Ness, and Shetland?

• Like 1

http://wingsoverscotland.com/liars-plague-our-land/

Spending on NHS Scotland is determined solely by the Scottish Government, which allocates resources to it from its budget as it sees fit, with no input from WestminsterPolitical independence would therefore change absolutely nothing about the relationship between four services which are already independent. The mechanisms governing cross-border treatment and funding already exist and are used daily, and patients are further protected by the European Health Insurance Card scheme which ensures reciprocal treatment in any states in the European Economic Area.

We’re sure that “Vote No Borders” already know all this, but have made the decision to cynically take advantage of the fact that a great many Scots don’t in order to frighten them with the false prospect that they or their loved ones might suffer as a result of Scotland voting to run its own affairs.

(Which is presumably also why comments are disabled on all their YouTube videos, lest anyone want to let viewers know the truth.)

• Like 1

Isn't Scotland where men wear kilts and play bagpipes? If it gets divvied up further, are there going to be additional countries named; Aberdeen, Glasgow, Loch Ness, and Shetland?

I'm sure you mention this as a joke, but this is what happens to people who aspire to become big fish in a small pond.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I'm sure you mention this as a joke, but this is what happens to people who aspire to become big fish in a small pond.

What happens? I am not sure I follow? Are you suggesting that independence will lead to the Balkanisation of Scotland?

• Like 2

The CBI cant even cover up their cover up

http://newsnetscotland.com/index.php/scottish-news/9231-doubts-cast-over-cbi-junior-official-claims-as-electoral-commission-publishes-registration-document

The Confederation of British Industry's application to become a registered participant in the independence referendum was signed by two of the group's most senior officials it has emerged.

The Electoral Commission (EC) has published the CBI's application on its website showing that the lobby group's request to register as an official backer of the 'No' campaign was sanctioned by its head of political campaigns, Richard Maughan,

• Like 2

What happens? I am not sure I follow? Are you suggesting that independence will lead to the Balkanisation of Scotland?

I think he's using reductio ad absurdum to illustrate his view that secession is foolish.

http://wingsoverscotland.com/liars-plague-our-land/

Spending on NHS Scotland is determined solely by the Scottish Government, which allocates resources to it from its budget as it sees fit, with no input from WestminsterPolitical independence would therefore change absolutely nothing about the relationship between four services which are already independent. The mechanisms governing cross-border treatment and funding already exist and are used daily, and patients are further protected by the European Health Insurance Card scheme which ensures reciprocal treatment in any states in the European Economic Area.

We’re sure that “Vote No Borders” already know all this, but have made the decision to cynically take advantage of the fact that a great many Scots don’t in order to frighten them with the false prospect that they or their loved ones might suffer as a result of Scotland voting to run its own affairs.

(Which is presumably also why comments are disabled on all their YouTube videos, lest anyone want to let viewers know the truth.)

of course the advert is just an opinion .Even though it is a blatant lie it is an opinion...The lie is not to deceive anyone,It is not to scare any one..It is only an opinion

Are the actors even Scottish or live in Scotland. ?,,like their actors in the photo poster campaign ,who are based and live in England.

Would a Scottish person or someone familiar with the nuances use the word muppet.?..Would the E word not be more appropriate to the text if authentic as more commonly used in Scottish dialogue.

.So come on yes bashers defend this,,you normally have lots of irrelevant counter arguments and of course the NHS is relevant is it not ?

How the voting thing % wise will work I don't know, but imagine the YES get it 55/45 and the idea turns out to be a complete cock-up for Scotland.

How are the 45% going to feel, how will they react down the line.............?

For a serious Scotland move the vote should be near unanimous in my opinion......

How the voting thing % wise will work I don't know, but imagine the YES get it 55/45 and the idea turns out to be a complete cock-up for Scotland.

For a serious Scotland move the vote should be near unanimous in my opinion......

I hope that most of the voters will err on the side of caution - better the devil you know, and so forth.

Notwithstanding that the Scots are as British as anyone...

SC

You make a fair point but where would you draw the line, and what ratio of Yes / No voters would be acceptable to permit secession?

Rather than focusing on split of opinion, I think more important is the push to make sure as many voters as possible are in full possession of the facts, and not just bombarded by propaganda and lies, such that they can make an informed decision.

I appreciate that, at this point, I am opening myself up to attack from those who are convinced that not a single word of truth comes from the Yes campaign, and the No campaign speaks nothing but the gospel truth, so, for the record, as I stated in an earlier post, I do not believe that the campaigning seen to date would impress any arbiter of perfect information, but I do believe that Project Fear is a genuine thing, and that, in the future, on a Yes vote, people will look at Darling and co with a sense of disgust that they tried to win the debate with lies.

• Like 1

You make a fair point but where would you draw the line, and what ratio of Yes / No voters would be acceptable to permit secession?

Rather than focusing on split of opinion, I think more important is the push to make sure as many voters as possible are in full possession of the facts, and not just bombarded by propaganda and lies, such that they can make an informed decision.

I appreciate that, at this point, I am opening myself up to attack from those who are convinced that not a single word of truth comes from the Yes campaign, and the No campaign speaks nothing but the gospel truth, so, for the record, as I stated in an earlier post, I do not believe that the campaigning seen to date would impress any arbiter of perfect information, but I do believe that Project Fear is a genuine thing, and that, in the future, on a Yes vote, people will look at Darling and co with a sense of disgust that they tried to win the debate with lies.

Unfortunately we went on and on about the unfairness of the 1979 referendum, which required 40% to vote in favour of devolution, so such a rule was unlikely to be applied again. I just hope that there is a good turn-out for the referendum, and that the result is not close, for the sake of the future

SC

• Like 2