BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Forethat

The Eight-Fold Path of TV-Humiliation

This should be interesting, this has been up for an hour with only one reply.

Wonder how many will be defensive with offensive criticism..........................tongue.png

Careful where you are walking, the floor could be littered with rattles, dummies & teddies soon.

Guessing we all one time or another have been guilty in regards to at least one of these things.

• Like 2

Is it okay to jump around?

Or do I have to go through all the phases sequentially?

I at least want to get being a Richard head right 'cause I can't seem to get anything else right.

Is it okay to jump around?

Or do I have to go through all the phases sequentially?

I at least want to get being a Richard head right 'cause I can't seem to get anything else right.

Good question. I get the impression the majority of offenders jump freely between the phases. In particular, phases four, five and six tend to come into play without previous build up via preceeding phases.

I was trying to compose a response that encompases all eight notions. First one has ruined my plan.

I only get annoyed by people using 'BS' or 'Bullshit' as the all encompassing, all conquering, ultimate reply to what ever he doesn't agree with. I did write a BS post one time ( well maybe more than once) but this insulting put down really stops me answering posts.

Probably a charming American phrase that I don't really understand.

• Like 1

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I feel so enlightened that you have felt us worthy to share your perspective.

Is it their reluctance to be wrong, or others insistance on being right ?

Edited by CharlieH

My attitude when the recipient of any of the above courtesy Paul Newman (Gondorf) and Robert Redford (Hooker) in The Sting:

Johnny Hooker: I gave him the breakout just like you said.
Henry Gondorff: And?
JH: 'S good. He threatened to kill me.
HG: Hell, kid, they don't do that, you know you're not getting to 'em.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I feel so enlightened that you have felt us worthy to share your perspective.

Phase four..?

I only get annoyed by people using 'BS' or 'Bullshit' as the all encompassing, all conquering, ultimate reply to what ever he doesn't agree with. I did write a BS post one time ( well maybe more than once) but this insulting put down really stops me answering posts.

Probably a charming American phrase that I don't really understand.

I am not sure...but I want to believe calling BS on someone is not a breach in case it is accompanied by reasonable evidence with facts which proves that it was actually....bull shit.

But that's only my opinion, I could be wrong.

• Like 1

Phase four..?

Really? It was intended as phase 6!

To be fair to the OP this thread title shouldn't have the words TV in it cos not only do forummers here behave like this here they do that in other places too in fact all forums with heavy traffic have ppl that behave exactly like that it's just human nature.