Thai PM extends olive branch to anti-govt protesters

webfact

Which makes me very angry with Abhisit. The bloke apparently has absolutely NO vision and NO balls. I mean, he was schooled at Eton and Oxford pretty much through the period of Maggie when right wing politics was the love of the world. He could have had Maggie, Reagan, Kohl, Howard or any other of his dozens of right wing politicians as his inspiration. He could stand for free markets, liberalisation, low taxes, the family, ANYTHING. Least of all he could stand for right and wrong.

But instead, what do we get? A bloke so unprincipled that he allows a bloke with a murder charge to stay in the party to avoid prosecution. He is an absolute let down, a whimp who has played the game and has absolutely no political principal at all, other than to do what is necessary to maintain the status quo of thievery and corruption in his own party.

I would suggest his education was a complete and utter waste and it has created a complete and utter poltical minnow. No Winchester appears to be far better.

It would appear that he is in fact standing up for right over wrong by opposing the amnesty bill and other crooked dealings of the PT

He has also stood up to PT by staying and fighting all the BS charges against him and not caving in to intimidation and threats or running away like you know who.

I am wondering who this murderer is that you are referring to?

Perhaps you would like to detail al the thievery and corruption you accuse him of.

It would seem by that post that you have been indoctrinated into the red way of thinking even though many of your other posts are very sensible.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting to see how a bunch of expats and farrangs that cannot even own real property seem so happy and amused at watching these poor people lead by manipulation and greed tear their own country apart. Quiet sad and the insanity of it all is readily apparent from an outsider looking in.

If YIngluck is removed, in a year or two the reds will take to the streets and history will repeat itself over and over. Something about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results equating insanity. The solution was to sit tight for two years and rally at the polls and stop giving Thalsin so much power in the minds of the people.

Unfortunately, this amnesty and senate reform bill was a step too far. forget power in the minds of the people, Thaksin could have had absolute power in his own hands.

I get all of that. I truly do, but the facts remain that: (1) everyone knew this and discussed this before and when she was elected; and (2) the current rally is predicated upon the fear of what might happen in the future. If he returns and then tries to grab power, take to the streets. He was dealt with before and he can be dealt with again. If YL is a proxy, then nothing really changes by his return except YL will alienate even more people. He is one man. All of this bs since 2006 is because of many men and many egos and the people are but pawns manipulated by the fears of what ifs, maybes and could bes.

The sole called experts in this forum should look at there own goverments,promises for the people yeh we elect and then the shit hits the fan,not so much as we demonstrate but voice our opinion.The population elect the party and having lived here over 20 years things dont change,leave it to the thais dont agree head back home.

This is not about leading the government to resign and then come back in another guise. There are 2 likely outcomes.

a. PTP stand down, and Suthep continues protesting to get rid of the Shinawatras, the protests spread before there is a chance for an election and they are hounded out of the country for their own safety. His line is going to be that the only way to keep Thaksin out of the country is to hound them all out and never let PTP/TRT into power again, and that he is a threat to the monarchy. Once they are gone, they will rev up the courts to sentence them in absentia.

b. PTP don't stand down, the army comes in, they really rev up the courts and start raking over the corruption during PTP and there is a list of corruption as long as your arm that can be connected to the Shins and they leg it for fear of conviction.

They have support, but I tell you what, looking at their pretty lack luster efforts so far, it is weakening. It is pretty hard to take his amnesty bill and sell it to the grass roots as anything but a self serving bit of legislation. You can't fool all the people all the time. The farmers aren't getting paid for their rice for gods sake. Keep the tablets, but the government can't even pay for the rice? The last person you will fool ALL the time is a hand to mouth farmer. He will take your money when you offer, and leave you when you don't offer, as simple as that. They are the most fickle people because they have to be.

Their MP's will scurry like cockroaches if being associated with them effects their ability to stay apparently "respectable" in their home regions.

Yes true words, the Rice Scam could so easily be the downfall of the whole Shin game. If they can't afford to keep propping it up, those farmers will bit the hand that has stopped feeding .....

That's why they need the 2.2 trillion and no parliamentary accountability on where it goes.

Thaksinomics at its best. Move the money from the left pocket to the right pocket and then back again. Make sure the monies not your to start with but take a nice commission every time it moves whistling.gif

• Like 1

The prime minister said, “Now that all factions have displayed their political positions, it’s time they meet and talk to find a resolution for the country. The National Reform forum is ready to listen. We should use it to find a concrete solution.”

There is only one acceptable solution to the current political situitation. EVERY single member of the Shinawatra clan be permanently exiled to Dubai and NEVER allowed to return to Thailand.

He said the prime minister instructed all Cabinet members to be prepared for the no-confidence debate while she herself will reply and clarify every single issue raised by the opposition

This I gotta see. Yingluck will actually respond herself? Without a direct line to Dubai? 555555555555

No doubt she will show up for a few minutes then leave her ministers to answer for her.

Time for her to book a flight to Dubai and hire a moving company.

This is not about leading the government to resign and then come back in another guise. There are 2 likely outcomes.

a. PTP stand down, and Suthep continues protesting to get rid of the Shinawatras, the protests spread before there is a chance for an election and they are hounded out of the country for their own safety. His line is going to be that the only way to keep Thaksin out of the country is to hound them all out and never let PTP/TRT into power again, and that he is a threat to the monarchy. Once they are gone, they will rev up the courts to sentence them in absentia.

b. PTP don't stand down, the army comes in, they really rev up the courts and start raking over the corruption during PTP and there is a list of corruption as long as your arm that can be connected to the Shins and they leg it for fear of conviction.

They have support, but I tell you what, looking at their pretty lack luster efforts so far, it is weakening. It is pretty hard to take his amnesty bill and sell it to the grass roots as anything but a self serving bit of legislation. You can't fool all the people all the time. The farmers aren't getting paid for their rice for gods sake. Keep the tablets, but the government can't even pay for the rice? The last person you will fool ALL the time is a hand to mouth farmer. He will take your money when you offer, and leave you when you don't offer, as simple as that. They are the most fickle people because they have to be.

Their MP's will scurry like cockroaches if being associated with them effects their ability to stay apparently "respectable" in their home regions.

Yes true words, the Rice Scam could so easily be the downfall of the whole Shin game. If they can't afford to keep propping it up, those farmers will bit the hand that has stopped feeding .....

That's why they need the 2.2 trillion and no parliamentary accountability on where it goes.

Thaksinomics at its best. Move the money from the left pocket to the right pocket and then back again. Make sure the monies not your to start with but take a nice commission every time it moves whistling.gif

Kinda like a stock broker.

Edited by F430murci

The great health system, tens of thousands of social housing units, OTOP, the minimum wage, There are 4 massive reasons for a start.

The great health system cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20>

I honestly wish you that you never come in the situation to depend on the 30 Baht system.What you get is not even worth the 30 Baht.

Well my wife's family all use it and it has proved to be excellent. It's a dam_n sight better than what went before where only the rich got decent health care. Even America is slowly catching with the idea that health care should be freely available. Thailand now has a first rate health care system in my experience.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif sorry i can't even get a decent commenting for laughing. MY this family have experience of this and sorry i just have to laugh. Lucky them i can help pay for some decent care but maybe just maybe you can get sorry have to laugh again decent care sorry my sides are splitting but maybe you live somewhere else. Even our workers on over 12 k baht a month pay instead of 30 baht scheme. Its good in a total emergency true but then forget after care and rest cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

She is a Shinawatra. They are the epitome of stubbornness. The only thing that will force her to do what she doesn't want to do, is the threat of a wooden spike plunged into her heart.

Well its a very very high stakes game. They run the risk of the whole family becoming person non grata in Thailand. You reckon the kids are worth much more than flipping burgers anywhere else in the world?

They are networkers, facilitators and money changers. Not worth much once they are out of their own pond.

Persona non grata with whom? most the country love Thaksin and understand why his sister is looking after the shop. The country should no longer be dictated to but an oligarchy that has strutted around lording is over the ordinary people for far too long.

No wonder she looks confused. She thinks she's running a shop.

I don't understand why out of all the politicians in PTP they couldn't find any that were as capable of 'running the shop' as someone with no experience or interest in politics and no debating skills.

Maybe you could enlighten me.

Which makes me very angry with Abhisit. The bloke apparently has absolutely NO vision and NO balls. I mean, he was schooled at Eton and Oxford pretty much through the period of Maggie when right wing politics was the love of the world. He could have had Maggie, Reagan, Kohl, Howard or any other of his dozens of right wing politicians as his inspiration. He could stand for free markets, liberalisation, low taxes, the family, ANYTHING. Least of all he could stand for right and wrong.

But instead, what do we get? A bloke so unprincipled that he allows a bloke with a murder charge to stay in the party to avoid prosecution. He is an absolute let down, a whimp who has played the game and has absolutely no political principal at all, other than to do what is necessary to maintain the status quo of thievery and corruption in his own party.

I would suggest his education was a complete and utter waste and it has created a complete and utter poltical minnow. No Winchester appears to be far better.

You seem to forget that both Abhisit and Suthep face murder charges. Why should someone be forced to resign from a party because of an allegation when their opponent's pet pig is prepared to lay charges on command? Surely the worth of the charges is for the courts to decide.

I think so. They can't blame it on anyone. It's their strategy, their plan, and their screw up

You seem to forget that both Abhisit and Suthep face murder charges. Why should someone be forced to resign from a party because of an allegation when their opponent's pet pig is prepared to lay charges on command? Surely the worth of the charges is for the courts to decide.

What has his stupid murder charge got to do with my statement?

What has his stupid murder charge got to do with my statement?

"A bloke so unprincipled that he allows a bloke with a murder charge to stay in the party to avoid prosecution."

If the accused MP had been forced to resign from the party, how could Abhisit and Suthep remain without appearing to be hypocrites? If they did resign, how long before any replacement who shows form is also falsely charged?

The people don't want an olive branch, they want her to go...

The question is why can't they raise a red short support group?

Why can;t they get people down from the provinces?  The local MP's losing faith?  The people don't want to come and support?  All the money has gone?  Why aren't he red shirts mobilising?  The only way out of this is for the red's to make a massive show of support.  Where are they.

And no, this bunch for Suthep don't represent "the people" any more than the reds represent 'the people".  That's by the by.  Thailand has chosen to change its governments by coup and protest, let them reap what they sow.  Chaos every 2 years.

Partly, why should they 'raise a Red support group' they are happy with what the government is doing. Mainly because many, many Red families are at home harvesting the rice, which is still a major export crop for the country.Come off it mate, 'someone seems to be cooking the books and has been for 2 years' This country is corrupt to the core and it didn't start and wont end with Thaksin Shinawatra.
Correction; Rice- WAS the major export for the country, now screwed nicely by the fugitive and his brown-nose mates.

What is the major export now?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The question is why can't they raise a red short support group?

Why can;t they get people down from the provinces? The local MP's losing faith? The people don't want to come and support? All the money has gone? Why aren't he red shirts mobilising? The only way out of this is for the red's to make a massive show of support. Where are they.

And no, this bunch for Suthep don't represent "the people" any more than the reds represent 'the people". That's by the by. Thailand has chosen to change its governments by coup and protest, let them reap what they sow. Chaos every 2 years.

Partly, why should they 'raise a Red support group' they are happy with what the government is doing. Mainly because many, many Red families are at home harvesting the rice, which is still a major export crop for the country.Come off it mate, 'someone seems to be cooking the books and has been for 2 years' This country is corrupt to the core and it didn't start and wont end with Thaksin Shinawatra.
Correction; Rice- WAS the major export for the country, now screwed nicely by the fugitive and his brown-nose mates.

What is the major export now?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Money.........

• Like 1

"......the media has reported without bias under the journalism code of conduct."

As not one mainstream TV station has bothered to cover the anti-government protests, we can have a good guess that they have been told how to conduct themselves.

Not sure what you mean by main stream but you may like to check out IPM TV channels 22,23,24 (supporting protesters) and 25 (supporting red shirts).

Here you will find plenty of coverage some of it in English...smile.png also plenty of live bands etc.

Interesting to see how a bunch of expats and farrangs that cannot even own real property seem so happy and amused at watching these poor people lead by manipulation and greed tear their own country apart. Quiet sad and the insanity of it all is readily apparent from an outsider looking in.

If YIngluck is removed, in a year or two the reds will take to the streets and history will repeat itself over and over. Something about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results equating insanity. The solution was to sit tight for two years and rally at the polls and stop giving Thalsin so much power in the minds of the people.

This will go on and on until the ruling elite accept democracy. Then the 'democrat party' will have to go out and engage with all the people and not those who live in striking distance of a skytrain station. Then we could have a real political debate and not one whose underlying message is that ordinary people shouldnt have any say in the running of the country.

The great health system, tens of thousands of social housing units, OTOP, the minimum wage, There are 4 massive reasons for a start.

The great health system cheesy.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20>

I honestly wish you that you never come in the situation to depend on the 30 Baht system.What you get is not even worth the 30 Baht.

Well my wife's family all use it and it has proved to be excellent. It's a dam_n sight better than what went before where only the rich got decent health care. Even America is slowly catching with the idea that health care should be freely available. Thailand now has a first rate health care system in my experience.

cheesy.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20> cheesy.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20> cheesy.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20> sorry i can't even get a decent commenting for laughing. MY this family have experience of this and sorry i just have to laugh. Lucky them i can help pay for some decent care but maybe just maybe you can get sorry have to laugh again decent care sorry my sides are splitting but maybe you live somewhere else. Even our workers on over 12 k baht a month pay instead of 30 baht scheme. Its good in a total emergency true but then forget after care and rest cheesy.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20> cheesy.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20> cheesy.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20>

I don't know how long you've been in Thailand, but before the health scheme, ordinary Thais couldnt even afford to go to the doctor, let alone a stay in hospital. What they have now is excellent compared with what they had before. i grant you the Swedish system may be better, but this is very good by Asian standards.

She looks nervous to me.

Does she look nervous to you?

No she looks afraid. Backed into the corner with no skype connection.

That had to be one of her most Ignorant speeches yet. When is she going to come out and say she is willing to listen to other points of view. She is willing to try sensible approaches. Admit that what she has been doing has not been for the good of Thailand just for the good of her brother.

Admit that she has lost control of the economy thus has to allow her Minister of Finance to lie so the people will feel good. If he tells the truth the people will not feel good. In short state what she has been doing and start doing different. The best proof of her good intentions would be to start extradition proceedings for her brother in every country he enters.

I don't know how long you've been in Thailand, but before the health scheme, ordinary Thais couldnt even afford to go to the doctor, let alone a stay in hospital. What they have now is excellent compared with what they had before. i grant you the Swedish system may be better, but this is very good by Asian standards.

I was here before Thaksin and I remember all those regional hospitals without a single patient. Empty beds, bored staff sitting around with nothing to do, it was truly eerie. But at least the hospitals managed to keep within their budget, if only just.

The great health system cheesy.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20>

I don't know how long you have been in Thailand but Under Abhist they had the same system only it was free. In fact it was better they had more money to spend on health care.

It cost the health care system 50 baht to process the 30 baht charge net loss to the health care system 20 baht times millions of visits. Do the math then hook up common sense. More than likely 60,000,000 baht being taken out of the actual medical assistance to the people. You think they provide excellent medical Well yes they do some places but try to get your 30 baht service in a private hospital. You will be on a long waiting list unless it is critical.

It is not rocket science.

She is a Shinawatra. They are the epitome of stubbornness. The only thing that will force her to do what she doesn't want to do, is the threat of a wooden spike plunged into her heart.

Well its a very very high stakes game. They run the risk of the whole family becoming person non grata in Thailand. You reckon the kids are worth much more than flipping burgers anywhere else in the world?

They are networkers, facilitators and money changers. Not worth much once they are out of their own pond.

Persona non grata with whom? most the country love Thaksin and understand why his sister is looking after the shop. The country should no longer be dictated to but an oligarchy that has strutted around lording is over the ordinary people for far too long.

No wonder she looks confused. She thinks she's running a shop.

I don't understand why out of all the politicians in PTP they couldn't find any that were as capable of 'running the shop' as someone with no experience or interest in politics and no debating skills.

Maybe you could enlighten me.

Maybe you can enlighten me as to how you expect the unenlightened to enlighten you?tongue.png

• Like 1

Embattled Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra today called on protesters to jointly find a resolution for Thailand but insisted she will neither resign nor dissolve Parliament.

It seems that the majority have a resolution to the problem. And that is that Ms Shinawatra resign. The only thing she will not do. How selfish is she ? Runs so strong in the family. bah.gif

There is no evidence to support what you write. Therefore it is your own personal opinion.

How you can form such opinion of a woman of courage, an able lawmaker and a well educated woman that has confidence in her wisdom and tireless work for the people of Thailand.

Even you guys on the street are safe because she is the prime minister and will do everything in her power to keep you safe from an aggressive response to your own ignorance and misconduct.

If you guys get off on your testosterone driven assumptions that you actually think you know what is right for the people (all of them) then you need to get help.

Embattled Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra today called on protesters to jointly find a resolution for Thailand but insisted she will neither resign nor dissolve Parliament.

It seems that the majority have a resolution to the problem. And that is that Ms Shinawatra resign. The only thing she will not do. How selfish is she ? Runs so strong in the family. bah.gif

There is no evidence to support what you write. Therefore it is your own personal opinion.

How you can form such opinion of a woman of courage, an able lawmaker and a well educated woman that has confidence in her wisdom and tireless work for the people of Thailand.

Even you guys on the street are safe because she is the prime minister and will do everything in her power to keep you safe from an aggressive response to your own ignorance and misconduct.

If you guys get off on your testosterone driven assumptions that you actually think you know what is right for the people (all of them) then you need to get help.

How you can form such opinion of a woman of courage, an able lawmaker and a well educated woman that has confidence in her wisdom and tireless work for the people of Thailand Thaksinclap2.gif

Hope you don't mind but I spotted a mistake in your post and knowing you to be an honest person I fixed it for you no thanks needed.

How does an able law maker make laws when they are flying all over the world instead of going to parliament? You have no idea how much safwer I feekl knowing that it is a 50/50 chance she will be out of the country.whistling.gif

• Like 1

Can't quite work out if you are serious or trying to be a comedian.

Seems we have had a spate of comedians today and seems that at least one has been executed by management.

Edited by Artisi
  • Like 2