Thailand welcomes 22 million tourists in first ten months of 2013

webfact

Thailand welcomes 22 million tourists in first ten months of 2013
By English News

13853774735305.jpg

BANGKOK, Nov 26 – Almost 22 million tourists have visited Thailand in the first ten months of this year, according to Deputy Government Spokesman Chalitrat Chantarubeksa.

Mr Chalitrat said the Cabinet on Monday acknowledged an official report stating that Thailand welcomed 21.7 million international tourists during the first 10 months of 2013, an increase of 3.9 million persons or 22.3 per cent higher year-on-year.

Tourists from ASEAN and European countries and the USA primarily visited Thailand as well as those from China, Malaysia, Russia, Japan, Korea, Lao PDR, India, Australia and the United Kingdom.

Factors affecting the number of inbound tourists in the last two months of this year include restrictive tourism policies in China, Thailand’s domestic political instability and safety concerns for tourists.

Mr Chalitrat concluded that the number of international travellers is expected to reach this year’s target, generating hundreds of billion baht in revenue. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-11-26

Obviously, these people that rant on like this believe that international news has no impact on anything in Thailand.....

Keep the propaganda rolling out.....at least Thais will believe them in a bid to keep their mega budgets flowing in!

• Like 2

I'd guess numbers are probably near enough - and the timing may be to do with the situation in Bkk....however I think it also shows that Thailand is suffering from Walmart syndrome............so long as the money keeps coming in, they will continue to cut costs and corners when it comes to tourism. catering for the lowest common denominator.

The facilities available, health and safety are all kept to a bare minimum - often below acceptable standards. ......... and the impact on Thailand's natural resources is appalling.

I guess when places like Samui are reduced to a concrete platform in the middle of the sea there will still be people willing to go there if the price is right.....

• Like 2

I'll bet these are numbers generated by Thai national employee making their boss look good. Simply stated it means there is enough feces in these numbers to choke a horse! Local businesses, hotels, restaurants, hostels, cooking schools are all experiencing decreases in tourists not increases!

Now that I think about it, the figures could be correct, but they counted Myanmar, Laotian, Cambodian, and Bangladeshi laborers as tourist. There are also all the people going into register every 90 days, could also be counted as tourist. Than you have the number.

• Like 1

So much scepticism !

Just to let you know that I was given a sneak peek at the official TAT figures for the next 6 months ,

and the number of tourists have increased even further.

Is it because you married to someone whose brother is the highest rank? Or you know someone who is friends with someone and all are really well connected ?

So much scepticism !

Just to let you know that I was given a sneak peek at the official TAT figures for the next 6 months ,

Brilliant. I choked on my post breakfast cigarette.

So much scepticism !

Is it because you married to someone whose brother is the highest rank? Or you know someone who is friends with someone and all are really well connected ?

None of those reasons.

I was passing by TAT at the time and someone was throwing a dart at a load of numbers stuck on a wall. I asked what they were doing and they told me. I stayed until they had an acceptable number.

( I do not expect you to believe that story, even I don't)

Or, in other words, (tongue stuck firmly in cheek) 'The protests have not impacted tourist arrivals.' cheesy.gifw00t.gifclap2.gif

First 10 months of 2013. Were there protests other than the rubber farmers in the first 10 months of the year?

Looks like in the first 10 months they already have met the numbers for 2012. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/614957-thailand-records-223m-visitor-arrivals-in-2012;-targets-245m-in-2013/

BS

2.2 million a month over 10 months, 80,000+ a day. That's 200+ 747 loads of tourists a day, discounting surface arrivals, at a few international airports, some of which can't take 747's!!

Suvarnabhumi airport alone can handle 76 flight operations per hour. That one airport alone handled 53 million passengers in 2012.

BS

2.2 million a month over 10 months, 80,000+ a day. That's 200+ 747 loads of tourists a day, discounting surface arrivals, at a few international airports, some of which can't take 747's!!

That is why they built the A380 and may go 5 across in economy!!!!!

:D

• Like 1

I'd guess numbers are probably near enough - and the timing may be to do with the situation in Bkk....however I think it also shows that Thailand is suffering from Walmart syndrome............so long as the money keeps coming in, they will continue to cut costs and corners when it comes to tourism. catering for the lowest common denominator.

The facilities available, health and safety are all kept to a bare minimum - often below acceptable standards. ......... and the impact on Thailand's natural resources is appalling.

I guess when places like Samui are reduced to a concrete platform in the middle of the sea there will still be people willing to go there if the price is right.....

Awesome! Way to go Thailand!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Actually Thailand would be better served by attracting quality tourists rather than cheap package tourists particularly from Russia. Mind you good business for 600 baht a nice hotels/guest houses, food carts and Chang Brewery. I expect that even though tourist numbers are up earnings will be down