PM Yingluck calls on intruders to withdraw from state building

webfact

"Tanks? Are you making up your own history?"

try getting your facts right before you say such rubbish!!!

April 10 2010, TANKS used. it's also on a utube video clip there, or is that made up as well???

how's that for history and getting right... but when your faced with people that choose not to see the truth whybother so many here have their version of history and ridicule those that don't share their view.

I think you will find they were people carriers, not tanks. Do you have a link to the youtube video of the tanks?

It's not youtube making things up. It's you.

I think you will find they were people carriers, not tanks. Do you have a link to the youtube video of the tanks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SHHk-pCZuw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVGKm7GSqcw

1:12 of the second video. "Armored Personnel Carriers".

Not "tanks".

Besides the videos of being in 2009, they used the same armored personnel carriers in 2010, both on April 10 and May 19.

• Like 1

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it seams to me she was concerned about the revenue from tourism and the negative effect it could have on the economy should tourism suffer, NOT what Tourists think

"... tourism and international community’s confidence in Thailand."

She needs to worry about what is really detrimental to the Thai people and Thai confidence in Thailand before she worries about what tourists and the international community think.

Yep...it's all about money.......the trough...!

And if things look like losing money...all hell breaks loose!

Yep...it's all about money.......the trough...!

And if things look like losing money...all hell breaks loose!

That's the sad reality isn't it? What I mean is her government's priorities more than wonky. What has she said about the rice schemes, the 2.2 infrastructure bill or the amnesty bill? She hasn't addressed the real issues in anyway.

And so it begins, trajectory mirroring 2008.

Yingluck will resign. Don't think she has the chops to see this through to its inevitable conclusion.

If she doesn't, the Army will step in to hit the reset button, hopefully before the country tears itself apart.

• Like 1

No'p got off the plane a little while ago,

I was in BKK during the 2010 riots and know enough history to see military using automatic weapon's, and tanks (but hey) how's your clueless history?

do you remember they claimed that they used (blank) rounds, and well sorry mate but blanks don't have a projectile so errr guess they used LIVE rounds yeah!!!

Who gave that order? answer me that if you can???

Tanks? Are you making up your own history?

"Tanks? Are you making up your own history?"

try getting your facts right before you say such rubbish!!!

April 10 2010, TANKS used. it's also on a utube video clip there, or is that made up as well???

how's that for history and getting right... but when your faced with people that choose not to see the truth whybother so many here have their version of history and ridicule those that don't share their view.

Tank classification is a taxonomy of identifying either the intended role or the weight class of tanks.

If you want to call them people carriers then go ahead, most of those have a number of wheels, not to many are tracked, you do know that not all tanks have a turret and huge canon on top, there are several types of tank, bridge-laying tanks, flame throwing tanks, amphibious tanks, but the ones used here are on tracks and had some high caliber weaponry on board.

these are not just Humvees, they are heavily armored vehicle's, on tracks, with heavy weaponry,

you do know there is more than one classification of tanks?

It would seem that I do. The Thai army owns some armoured personnel carriers that run on tracks, yes. They do not pack heavy artillery however, and they are transport, not tanks. They are basically armoured vehicles designed to cart soldiers around and protect them from small arms.

If you look up the Youtube videos of the final clearance of Ratchaprasong (and I encourage you do to so), you will see a few of these things driving over the barriers with groups of soldiers behind trying to use them for cover. Pay careful attention to the behaviour of the soldiers - they are looking up and around them, because they are understandably somewhat concerned that they are going to be shot.

You don't have to take my word for it. Check it out for yourself.

Edit: Here you go:

lead-thai-army-420x0.jpg

ThaiArmyCloseUpC.jpg

Edited by Crushdepth
  • Like 1

these are not just Humvees, they are heavily armored vehicle's, on tracks, with heavy weaponry,

you do know there is more than one classification of tanks?

It would seem that I do. The Thai army owns some armoured personnel carriers that run on tracks, yes. They do not pack heavy artillery however, and they are transport, not tanks. They are basically armoured vehicles designed to cart soldiers around and protect them from small arms.

If you look up the Youtube videos of the final clearance of Ratchaprasong (and I encourage you do to so), you will see a few of these things driving over the barriers with groups of soldiers behind trying to use them for cover. Pay careful attention to the behaviour of the soldiers - they are looking up and around them, because they are understandably somewhat concerned that they are going to be shot.

You don't have to take my word for it. Check it out for yourself.

Crushdepth is right. The army mean no harm. IMHO, most of the death may be cause by the Men in Black. Some accidental bullets fire from army may also cause death, but I think the amount should be minimal.

Amazing,

so many here love to cry out loudly with, the RED THUGS, building invaders, law breakers, beating any one with a different view,

speakers signaling out (reporter) for a beating,

So let the back peddling begin,,, OR do you now condone this behavior?

Red protesters burned buildings down, executed some of the people they mobbed, launched grenades and used automatic weapons.

The same is it?

Did you just get off the plane or are you just clueless about recent history?

I was in BKK during the 2010 riots and know enough history to see military using automatic weapon's, and tanks (but hey) how's your clueless history?

do you remember they claimed that they used (blank) rounds, and well sorry mate but blanks don't have a projectile so errr guess they used LIVE rounds yeah!!!

There's a big difference between: shouting 'burn bangkok down' and peacefully occupying some bureaucrats' buildings. The Reds had armed MIB embedded with their ranks. The Yellows don't have anything remotely similar.

It's not even apples and oranges. It's more like sharks and raindrops.

You are well aware, though, that the burning did not happen until way, WAY into the "protests"...and that with this one we are at ...what...1,5 weeks now...?!

There's a big difference between: shouting 'burn bangkok down' and peacefully occupying some bureaucrats' buildings. The Reds had armed MIB embedded with their ranks. The Yellows don't have anything remotely similar.

It's not even apples and oranges. It's more like sharks and raindrops.

You are well aware, though, that the burning did not happen until way, WAY into the "protests"...and that with this one we are at ...what...1,5 weeks now...?!

A few corrections here.

- there were no tanks used during the March - May 2010 army actions, only armoured personel carriers and the like.

- the armed militants and other grenade lobbing chaps would normally emerge in the night, and not be see by the occasional tourist wandering around.

- the burning happened at the end on the 19th of May, 2010, but the violence already started around end of February 2010 when a court ruled to confiscate 46 billion from Thaksin's frozen accounts.

Now back to the OP of the PM calling on the intruders to withdraw.