Suthep declares prolonged rally, continuing occupation of state buildings

webfact

Suthep declares prolonged rally, continuing occupation of state buildings
By English News

13854314274600-640x390x2.jpg

BANGKOK, Nov 26 – Former Democrat MP Suthep Thaugsuban flatly rejected a police attempt to arrest him for leading protesters to intrude into state buildings yesterday.

Declaring that the anti-government protest will drag on, he called on the people to rise up to seize power from the government, change the country and destroy what he calls "the Thaksin Regime" by occupying state buildings as they did at the Finance Ministry without an assault or damage to public property.

Mr Suthep said it would be unnecessary for the government to dissolve Parliament since it no longer has the right to run the country after it turned down the Constitution Court’s ruling.

He said protesters would set up a people’s government to pave the way for a new administration under the constitutional monarchy and it would be up to the people on who will lead the new government.

A people’s committee will be set up for the purpose, he said.

Regarding a warrant to arrest him for intruding into state buildings, Mr Suthep said he would resist the arrest warrant by police acting under the government’s instruction.

He said demonstrators would simultaneously operate rally stages at the Democracy Monument, Finance Ministry and Public Relations Department, adding that he would stay with the protesters at the Finance Ministry.

Protesters occupied the parking lot behind the Finance Ministry and Budget Bureau last night and a temporary stage, equipped with an audio system, was set up. Water and power supplies to the buildings were cut.

Suriyasai Katasila, one of several protest leader, said the three groups of protesters had no choice but to occupy the Finance Ministry, Foreign Ministry and Public Relations Department.

Protesters of the Students and People Network for Thailand’s Reform seized the Foreign Ministry on Sri Ayutthaya Road and allowed a company of police officers to leave the building.

The Foreign Ministry building was sealed off by the protesters. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-11-26

• Like 2

Can you add resisting arrest or insurrection based on his statement? (probably not, just musing).

Unfortunately, not enough riot police to move to arrest him - also as has been pointed out - this is the Chamlong strategy from 2008 - if my protest looks like it's dying out, get arrested to inflame my supporters to continue.

Thing is they are driving away the Thais who have families. My boss and her husband have said they won't and their friends won't go to any more rallys as it's gone too far. Which I agree with.

They, however, have said things will go nuts here if they try to sneak the bill back in. I just pray the Government have learnt their lesson. They can't be THAT stupid, can they?

Really a microcosm of Thai society when someone loses to someone they view as lesser than them. Screams, dummy-spitting, threats and violence ensue.

Nothing else can be expected in a country like Thailand when the rich and powerful minority are constantly outvoted and outelected by the minority. They seriously need to grow up and accept that are not that superior.

• Like 2

If this keeps going, there will be a breaking point. Thailand will never move forward with this kind of situation. No matter who is in power, the other side will try to pull the other side down. I don't believe one bit that they love their country as long as they have greed, hatred, power hunger, selfishness and jealousy in their heart. May Buddha bless the innocents.

Suthep & Yingluck

crazy.gif & w00t.gif

Dumb & Dumber without any responsibility.

Shame on both of them.

Like or hate Suthep, he is no idiot....Maybe he is crazy, but not stupid.

He is actually an immature idiot. As are most from both parties here

• Like 2

I don't really understand this govt or any govt in the world allowing citizens from any group to

take over govt offices or worse an international airport as in the past.

Of course I can imagine that no govt wants violence against its own people but if they let it get to such a stage

how much harder is it going to be resolve?

I dont care for either groups tactics of force but this is just silly.

The govt should call in the Military & have them set up water cannons, rubber bullets etc.

Disperse & have a peaceful demonstration all you want. But when you make comments like these folks have &

storm govt buildings it is time for the govt to step up IMO

This mornings channel 3 news showed the main male newscaster Sorayut

being blocked from entering work because the mob thought channel 3 was not reporting equally.

At some point mob rule has to be dealt with. I don't care what color shirts the mob is wearing

as it is their methods I disagree with not their political agendas of which I have no say anyway smile.png

They have made their own rod for their own back.

THe powers that be, have steadfastly refused to root out corruption and implement education into Thailand for many decades. throw in a heirarchal system and a bit of face, and a pooyai can honestly tell people to break the law on his behalf and promise them immunity, and they will go and do it.

Hypocrisy reigns.

If this keeps going, there will be a breaking point. Thailand will never move forward with this kind of situation. No matter who is in power, the other side will try to pull the other side down. I don't believe one bit that they love their country as long as they have greed, hatred, power hunger, selfishness and jealousy in their heart. May Buddha bless the innocents.

at the end of it all it all comes down to corruption. Corruption over taxes, corruption at ballot boxes, corruption of judges, corruption in politics, corruption in the army, corruption corruption corruption.

There are no rules, so money wins until chaos ensues. Thai society is reaping what is has sown for many many years.

The so-called Democrats might still be in power today if back in 2010 they had cleared the streets by any means necessary after allowing peaceful protest for maybe three days. Instead, they let it go on, let the mob set up a camp in the middle of the capital, and it went on for weeks, until things reached and passed the crisis stage.

Now the current government is making the same mistake. How do you let a rabble walk into government offices and shut down the business of the day? And then we have the reported spectacle of workers within the offices welcoming them in (this was reported).

This clown show has got to stop.

Photos on Facebook now of teargas being used against protesters at Makasan (Spelling ?) bridge.

No I'm not going to post them, go look for yourself.

About time. although I think they should invest in water cannons instead of tear gas.

Kind has that Songkran thing going for it too wink.png

Edited by meechai

Photos on Facebook now of teargas being used against protesters at Makasan (Spelling ?) bridge.

No I'm not going to post them, go look for yourself.

I've seen the photos.

Are they for real?

No news anywhere.

Edit: I am sure they are old photos.

Edited by petedk