I killed a soi dog - now I'm being blackmailed

drrobert77

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try to get out in front of this: Go to the cops, and tell them you feared for your safety.

That's good advice I think. I can't see you did anything wrong, those aggressive dogs deserve to die

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes, this is something I have been thinking about.

which she now claims is hers and she wants 20,000 Baht off me as compensation otherwise she goes to the police!

Great stuff, they never miss a trick do they?

Did the dog have a collar round its neck?

Offer to drive her to the local police station yourself.

Probably no more than a 1,000 baht fine.

The dog didn't have a regular collar just some rope tied around its neck. Plus, the sister of the woman who wants 20k, like I said, is a neighbor of ours and she has never in more than 3 years mentioned even once that her sister owns this dog

I can't see that you are being blackmailed, drrobert. The lady in question has requested you settle compensation for killing her dog.

There's half a dozen soi dogs here and nobody advertises ownership, but if I killed one then I would expect to be informed pretty sharpish.

Why don't you settle and have done with it.

• Like 2

I can't see that you are being blackmailed, drrobert. The lady in question has requested you settle compensation for killing her dog.

There's half a dozen soi dogs here and nobody advertises ownership, but if I killed one then I would expect to be informed pretty sharpish.

Why don't you settle and have done with it.

Yes, maybe you're right

What is her proof?

She has nothing its a bluff. Go on with your life and forget about the whole thing.

She reckons that 'someone' has seen me run it over, although this witness hasn't as yet come forward. The only person who knows for sure that I did it is my Mrs. When speaking with the woman in question my Mrs denied all knowledge and said I wasn't involved. I've not actually spoken to the woman in question as I don't speak Thai and she doesn't speak English

• Like 1

I know for a fact that this particular dog had killed one (maybe two) of our cats

Just some regular Thai soi dog, certainly not Crufts worthy.

I'm not so sure. If this dog has managed to kill two of your cats then could be a pedigree hunting dog. Bear in mind 99.99% of dogs have never caught a cat and killed it, let alone two cats.

Probably worth at least double of the requested 20,000 baht.

• Like 2

I suspect the police would be almost as interested in charging her with 'keeping a nuisance dog' as in charging you with running over a soi dog...probably not much either way.

"Sorry about your dog, I know nothing about it"

Sent from my Xoom using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app