I killed a soi dog - now I'm being blackmailed

drrobert77

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect the police would be almost as interested in charging her with 'keeping a nuisance dog' as in charging you with running over a soi dog...probably not much either way.

"Sorry about your dog, I know nothing about it"

And I suspect the police,

would only be interested in making money, and foreigners are rumoured to have lots of that.

Yes, and this is why I don't really want to go to the police. I don't mean to bad-mouth the police but we've all heard stories about them, right. I'm not flush with cash but that wont mean a thing if the local policeman even suspects that I might be - he might just see this whole thing as a pay day for himself rather then trying to find a reasonable end to the situation. Maybe I'm just being paranoid?

Not all Thai police are crooks, right?

Make sure the CIS folks can find no evidence on your car. Whenever I sense an aggressive dog and the owner says the dog won't bite I respond: That's what just about everyone who has been bitten is told before the dog bites them and I'm not waiting to find out.

• Like 1

Give her the 20k she wants... as soon as she pays 20,000 baht compensation for your cat killed by "her" dog...

This is a good point, now she has admitted ownership you should request 20,000 for each cat, plus emotional trauma for being chased about and fear of neighborhood, say you'll let her off if she pays you 100, 000

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I don't really want the whole situation to get that messy but you do make a good point. And the dog did kill at least one of our cats because I saw the dead cat in the dogs mouth.

• Like 2

Let's face it, soi dogs are held in higher reverence than falang and at least one person, maybe more, have witnessed the slaying of this dog.

You've admitted that you drove at the dog at speed and murdered it. There'll be soi dog DNA all over the car and microscopic splashes of blood and fur [maybe a good idea to get out with the pressure cleaner this afternoon and clean off what you can, paying special attention to the wheels and under the sills].

Another problem is is that you've never reported any of the previous incidents that you've described to the police and your wife will sing like a canary under intensive questioning by a good Thai murder squad detective.

If you want to avoid any problems settle with the neighbour this afternoon and throw in a bag of som tam and a bottle of Hong Thong for good measure.

Let's face it, soi dogs are held in higher reverence than falang and at least one person, maybe more, have witnessed the slaying of this dog.

You've admitted that you drove at the dog at speed and murdered it. There'll be soi dog DNA all over the car and microscopic splashes of blood and fur [maybe a good idea to get out with the pressure cleaner this afternoon and clean off what you can, paying special attention to the wheels and under the sills].

Another problem is is that you've never reported any of the previous incidents that you've described to the police and your wife will sing like a canary under intensive questioning by a good Thai murder squad detective.

If you want to avoid any problems settle with the neighbour this afternoon and throw in a bag of som tam and a bottle of Hong Thong for good measure.

Yeah right, CSI will be used for a stray dog run over by a car.

biggrin.png

• Like 1

If it was my soi and it attacked an old lady and and then a small child it would be no more already......and the Thai's would of taken care of it themselves,even the owner most probably.

Sorry but if its passed attacking people was done then it would of been acted upon even in Thailand dogs especially soi dogs do not get a second chance when biting kids.

Tell your Mrs to go speak to these people and see what transpires,but i have doubts as surely the kids owner would of done something before.

The owner needs to be taken to the Police station scumbags.

• Like 1

Well been in Thailand, I would hope the "owner" of this dog does not have a police friend - and if you go to the police you might find the 20 000 baht going up.

You might want to go to a police station not too close to home....

It's by time these Thai's sorted out the dogs that run around the roads, sometimes in packs !! For the sake of their own kids and other Thai kids (I know farangs dont have a say - if it were our kids, or safety)

It might also be the dog you ran over was a distant relative that came back in the "new" life - what a nation

Anyhow - another issue is you could tell the police you are now also been blackmailed... but the saga will go on - then comes revenge - so take care in what you do but DO NOT pay the bribe to the "owner" - she will just come back for more

Good Luck

• Like 1

What is her proof?

She has nothing its a bluff. Go on with your life and forget about the whole thing.

She reckons that 'someone' has seen me run it over, although this witness hasn't as yet come forward. The only person who knows for sure that I did it is my Mrs. When speaking with the woman in question my Mrs denied all knowledge and said I wasn't involved. I've not actually spoken to the woman in question as I don't speak Thai and she doesn't speak English

Your misses is very sensible and understands how things work.

Don't be a prat and ever admit anything to anyone, let alone the police <deleted>.

Police will be more than willing to assist the lady,

for they usually charge 500 bht to settle the dispute.

I wouldn't admit to anything,

and if anything I would countersue so to speak,

with concern to your cats.

After all, you didn't know it was possible to get compensation for your beloved cats,

but now that you know this might be,

well it's certainly time for them to compensate.

You could also mention that when your cats died,

you didn't even know who the dog belonged too.

Of course you have to state you actually saw the mentioned events in person,

cats, children ect that've been bitten or worse by this same dog.

If nothing else that should at least quiet things down.

• Like 1

I believe that sleeping dogs should be left to sleep under the bridge in the hot midday sun ... rolleyes.gif

David, I hadn't considered that option. But yes I suspect you have a point - first time poster and an extremely trite little story. Add the fact that a soi dog can dodge a formula one car from a standing start, and it all does lead to a certain bridge. facepalm.gif

I believe that sleeping dogs should be left to sleep under the bridge in the hot midday sun ... rolleyes.gif

David, I hadn't considered that option. But yes I suspect you have a point - first time poster and an extremely trite little story. Add the fact that a soi dog can dodge a formula one car from a standing start, and it all does lead to a certain bridge. facepalm.gif

Just quietly, the OP has 36 posts credited to him.

Joined 6 days ago.

A quick search reveals only 9 remain visible ... all from this thread.

First thing I do when reading something such as this is to check the posting history ... rolleyes.gif

The Wheat and the Chaff are soon separated.

That said, I have been wrong before, and given my number of posts ... sure to be again.

• Like 1

Give her the 20k she wants... as soon as she pays 20,000 baht compensation for your cat killed by "her" dog...

This is a good point, now she has admitted ownership you should request 20,000 for each cat, plus emotional trauma for being chased about and fear of neighborhood, say you'll let her off if she pays you 100, 000

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

better to not admit you killed the dog but ask the "owner" to confirm her ownership of the dog, then if she does that, threaten to take her to the police if she doesn't pay you 20,000THB for your dead cat. tables turned, it should end there.

• Like 2

Just quietly, the OP has 36 posts credited to him.

Joined 6 days ago.

A quick search reveals only 9 remain visible ... all from this thread.

First thing I do when reading something such as this is to check the posting history ... rolleyes.gif

That said, I have been wrong before, and given my number of posts ... sure to be again.

Wonder who he really is?. The writing style looks familiar but I can't quite place it.

First, I give you credit for being forthright and honest here, but I must also say that you are a dispicable human being. No matter what goodness you have done cannot erase this awful thing. Murder is murder.

You are lucky your wife doesn't divorce you. I know that I probably would have to think twice about staying with a person who could commit such an act of violence and aggression.

WOW ... I didn't see that comment coming.

I need to get out more often ... facepalm.gif ... I've obviously have led a sheltered life.

• Like 1

Wonder who he really is?. The writing style looks familiar but I can't quite place it.

Mate, speculation is not in my Job Description.

Best to leave that to the Professionals ...

We up for that beer in January ... drunk.gif

I've got TWINS coming!

Guarantee they won't be born under a Bridge ... whistling.gif