I killed a soi dog - now I'm being blackmailed

drrobert77

A thought.

Why not tell the other neighbor's that have been harassed and their kids traumatized that she has told you that she owned the dog.

I am sure they would love to get some baht from her They could even charge her for the assault of their daughter.

I think that that would probably make things interesting.

my suggestion then would be to say you will pay the family with the hurt daughter 20k and but them some stuff for the kids and to make their life good.

Whole lot better than this cow. Also would by you some face with the neighbors i think.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try to get out in front of this: Go to the cops, and tell them you feared for your safety.

That's good advice I think. I can't see you did anything wrong, those aggressive dogs deserve to die

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hopefully you will be run over. You sound like an old soi dog, barking and being a pest.

• Like 1

Hey Dude you did the soi a great favour-You are most welcome to come to my area and runover as many as you like-no regrets.Call her bluff and say that it was an accident and take her to the police and tell them the blackmail story.I have had good luchk with the police-I had a biig fight with the neighboutr over his constantly yapping dog and he attacked me and the police collected Baht 1000 off him for me.Dont be such a wimp=that dangerous dog had to go and you did it-so you are a hero.Never mind what the meat and blood suckinh people around you say-let them stop eating their bones and flleash if they are really Buddhist and really care for animals.She should be charged for having her dangerous dog run wild in the Soi-maybe you can get testimony from the earlier victims and take them to the police as well.Cheers mate,you did well.

• Like 2

A bit late to try proclaiming your innocence, someone will almost certainly come forward to say they saw you and it wouldn't take too much to get a warrant to seize any and all comments you have made here or elsewhere.

Best to fess-up to the Police and pay the fine.

You might also talk to your wife about moving house as you will now be about as, "popular as a pork chop at a Mosque." Many of your neighbors will no doubt be glad that the dog has been taken care of, but that isn't going to help you with the rest of them.

I don't know how you can call yourself a dog lover based on what you did man, that's terrible!

Those soi dogs can be a pain, but look at the life they live?

There are organizations here that will take dogs out of the soi if you call them.

As for your situation I've got no advice and no compassion for it after what you did. Intentionally running over a dog? How gutless!

• Like 2

The police are not going to arrest you for a soi dog . Say to the woman I was not aware that was your dog and I did not know you had a dog Sorry if I did run the dog over

Can you give me documentation it was your DOG

Ask her for documentation like VET Bills or recipients for food or a Dog License. You must register and keep your do with a license Did she have a license for the dog

Simple

Edited by realenglish1
  • Like 1

The police are not going to arrest you for a soi dog . Say to the woman I was not aware that was your dog and I did not know you had a dog Sorry if I did run the dog over

Can you give me documentation it was your DOG

Ask her for documentation like VET Bills or recipients for food or a Dog License. You must register and keep your do with a license Did she have a license for the dog

Simple

And give her a written bill for your cat and thank her for letting you know it was her dog as you didn't know who to give the bill too.

• Like 2

My advice

You didn't kill the dog, and you didn't even know it was dead.

Quite. In this wonderful country, if something wasn't seen, it didn't happen. Ask them to prove it and watch them flounder biggrin.png

Shouidn't have killed the dog by the way. Make friends with it smile.png fried chicken usually enamors a testy dog to you.

The way the dogs are treated in Thailand I would say it was an act of kindness .

Almost nobody takes care of soi dogs or has any idea how to .

I ride a bicycle around our village and have been bitten by dogs in passing . A friend gave a telescopic steel baton for self defence ; just the sound of

it opening frightens off most dogs , if I really hit them I would probably kill them .

Either deny having killed the dog , or go with the woman to the police station as an earlier commenter suggested .

What is her proof?

She has nothing its a bluff. Go on with your life and forget about the whole thing.

She reckons that 'someone' has seen me run it over, although this witness hasn't as yet come forward. The only person who knows for sure that I did it is my Mrs. When speaking with the woman in question my Mrs denied all knowledge and said I wasn't involved. I've not actually spoken to the woman in question as I don't speak Thai and she doesn't speak English

There's your answer. If you wife is supporting you by keeping her mouth shut then maybe you should also. It also seems there is very little to no evidence/witnesses. Your wife may not be happy with you at the moment, but she is supporting you.

On the other hand, if you want to own up to it then go to the police with this lady and your wife (as someone else suggested) and just say you're not sure, maybe you heard a bump on that faithful day, but ignored it or whatever and ask the police what they think you should do. I'm sure that will stump them or result in a few baht, but not 20,000B and I'll bet this lady won't feel good about going to the police with you, when she knows you will mention she wanted 20,000B.

Certainly, the last thing you are going to say is you willfully did it.

with all these answers what amazes me is the fact that you were driving down the road and a dog ran under your car, how in the hell is that your faultw00t.gif . You are not responsible for dogs to learn the road rules and if one runs under your car you are not responsible for what happens to it, she should have had it locked in her yard if it is her dog. Accidents happen and animals do not have right of way(according to the road rules that is) so it cannot be your fault. This is absolute crap, she has no legs to stand on as it was a soi dog, you are not responsible for what runs inder your car, I ran over a kitten ages ago when it it ran across the road right in front of me on the bike, I had no where to go and did swerve as much as I could but had a car up my bum so I wasnt going to brake, shit happens, tell her the same thing then ask for compensation for your dead cats your saw it kill, simple.

Edited by seajae

On a similar note in my area there was this little scrote who kept breaking in to our neighbors toy shop and stealing their stuff, anyway the other night he got it wrong and got electrocuted. So guess what? His mother is claiming 100.000 baht from the shop owner in compensation! Isn't it strange how mercenary they are to the point of utter annoyance. Even when they are so clearly wrong.

I wouldn't give the dog owner anything she hasn't cared before and merely sees this as a quick opportunity to make some fast cash, they have no shame about this type of behavior.

• Like 1

I can't see that you are being blackmailed, drrobert. The lady in question has requested you settle compensation for killing her dog.

There's half a dozen soi dogs here and nobody advertises ownership, but if I killed one then I would expect to be informed pretty sharpish.

Why don't you settle and have done with it.

Perhaps because anyone who would suggest that is the ladies' lawyer?

Against the flow of advice from many other posters, don't try and deny it. Your wife already knows, a claim is being made against you, the story is already out. But, apart from the many thousands of TV viewers, nobody knows you deliberately ran the dog down.

Report it, making sure you get across that it was running free and came from nowhere. Apologize profusely to the police and ask what can be done. No mention of dead cats or knowledge of knowing the dog.

First, I give you credit for being forthright and honest here, but I must also say that you are a dispicable human being. No matter what goodness you have done cannot erase this awful thing. Murder is murder.

You are lucky your wife doesn't divorce you. I know that I probably would have to think twice about staying with a person who could commit such an act of violence and aggression.

With all that being said. Most of the advice you have been given will wind you up in prison. First, go talk to a lawyer immediately and ask for real advice.

Second, if you are renting, move. If you own your house sell it and move to a different town or at least the opposite end of town. No matter what do not stay in that neighborhood. NOthing good will come from living there. You will be hated by everyone in that area. If there is a temple near by go and talk to the senior monk and tell him what you did and ask him for help changing your ways. That will at least keep people off your back for a while.

If you are on a marriage visa, you need your neighbors interviewed to get the extension. You don't want to get denied for this act.

Good luck, it will not be an easy fix. You created a very difficult situation for yourself and have probably made yourself an enemy to all in that neighborhood.

Do you live in Thailand? If so you would have probably seen these problems. They are terrible, and deserve to be put down. Its a deranged dog! If it is attacking it MUST be killed! To prevent further attacks. You don't move,, see a monk get involved in talk about visa's! Deny it, and live your life.

• Like 1

On a similar note in my area there was this little scrote who kept breaking in to our neighbors toy shop and stealing their stuff, anyway the other night he got it wrong and got electrocuted. So guess what? His mother is claiming 100.000 baht from the shop owner in compensation! Isn't it strange how mercenary they are to the point of utter annoyance. Even when they are so clearly wrong.

I wouldn't give the dog owner anything she hasn't cared before and merely sees this as a quick opportunity to make some fast cash, they have no shame about this type of behavior.

OMG can you imagine a female Thai trying this on... Oh my stars whatever next... marriage?

First, I give you credit for being forthright and honest here, but I must also say that you are a dispicable human being. No matter what goodness you have done cannot erase this awful thing. Murder is murder.

You are lucky your wife doesn't divorce you. I know that I probably would have to think twice about staying with a person who could commit such an act of violence and aggression.

With all that being said. Most of the advice you have been given will wind you up in prison. First, go talk to a lawyer immediately and ask for real advice.

Second, if you are renting, move. If you own your house sell it and move to a different town or at least the opposite end of town. No matter what do not stay in that neighborhood. NOthing good will come from living there. You will be hated by everyone in that area. If there is a temple near by go and talk to the senior monk and tell him what you did and ask him for help changing your ways. That will at least keep people off your back for a while.

If you are on a marriage visa, you need your neighbors interviewed to get the extension. You don't want to get denied for this act.

Good luck, it will not be an easy fix. You created a very difficult situation for yourself and have probably made yourself an enemy to all in that neighborhood.

It must be extremely difficult to be the "lady's'" lawyer.

Can I suggest that up there in Khon Kaen, things are different? Now pop back out to your Bo tree, lie down, and continue the mantra "eventually they will find I was right".

• Like 2