I killed a soi dog - now I'm being blackmailed

drrobert77

Op: If you read the many threads on too many Soi dogs you have done what many wish they could do.

Perhaps you have prevented a child from being mauled... either way, no one likes to admit that what you did was a good thing. However, with an animal as you describe the responses are very limited... i.e. call someone and pay to have it taken away, or kill it.. many suggest poison in such a case, however your method was quicker !...

OK... Some woman now wants to try and fleece you...

Your response should be... Ah..she is claiming that it was her dog, you wish to charge her for the damage her dog caused to your car when it ran out in front of you...

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with all these answers what amazes me is the fact that you were driving down the road and a dog ran under your car, how in the hell is that your faultw00t.gif . You are not responsible for dogs to learn the road rules and if one runs under your car you are not responsible for what happens to it, she should have had it locked in her yard if it is her dog. Accidents happen and animals do not have right of way(according to the road rules that is) so it cannot be your fault. This is absolute crap, she has no legs to stand on as it was a soi dog, you are not responsible for what runs inder your car, I ran over a kitten ages ago when it it ran across the road right in front of me on the bike, I had no where to go and did swerve as much as I could but had a car up my bum so I wasnt going to brake, shit happens, tell her the same thing then ask for compensation for your dead cats your saw it kill, simple.

...neither does the dog.

I had a "similar "situation but the dog had bitten two kids one mine , both needed medical treatment and anti rabies jabs over a time period therefore costs involved , if the woman who is blackmailing you now claims ownership , and the old lady or others who have been bitten have medical bills the bills are the responsibility of the owner and she also can be reported for owning a dangerous dog ..

When I presented the claimed owner of the dog in my case , with the facts and the bills !!!! and the police she suddenly was not the owner .. issue disappeared

• Like 2

The police are not going to arrest you for a soi dog . Say to the woman I was not aware that was your dog and I did not know you had a dog Sorry if I did run the dog over

Can you give me documentation it was your DOG

Ask her for documentation like VET Bills or recipients for food or a Dog License. You must register and keep your do with a license Did she have a license for the dog

Simple

You don't need to register and keep your dog with a license in Thailand.

The recipient of the food would be the dead dog. Or do you mean receipts?

Your advice pretty much boils down to "confess you killed the dog and then hope it wasn't actually her dog" which I don't think is that smart. Personally I don't sympathise with the OP, I think what he did was disgusting, but at least he seems to acknowledge that himself.

You're doing gods work, son. I would pay for your dog removal services.

If a stray dog is causing violence against children and the elderly, you did the right thing. Imagine if it killed a local child, that would be far worse.

I have no legal advice for you, I guess whoever buys the policeman the best gift wins.

• Like 1

What you did is despicable indeed, and if the woman is the dogs owner then it may be right to pay some compensation, that's that way it works in Thailand.

Perhaps you could say that you don't think it was you, that you have no knowlege and if you dis kill the dog then you didn't even know it, and offer to give her something (i'd say 3000 would be more than enough) just to keep the peace. If she declines, invite her to call the police immediately and call her bluff, but walk away at that point and allow her to save face.

You did wrong, you know it and you feel remorse.

Street dogs deserve to live the same as all other creatures.

• Like 1

The only person who knows for sure that I did it is my Mrs. When speaking with the woman in question my Mrs denied all knowledge and said I wasn't involved. I've not actually spoken to the woman in question as I don't speak Thai and she doesn't speak English

My guess is that your wife knew what you did, and cooked up the whole thing with the neighbor woman in order to take 20,000ThB off you, which they will then split.

;>

• Like 1

I once had hit a Cow by accident at night the owner of the Cow tracked me down in a hotel I was staying at knock on the door of the room and said you must pay me 300 for the Cow I said great you o me 1800 for the damage of the rental car he then said O it was not his Cow go figure

I am not comfortable with the way you did this, but the dog had to go, and the only other option in Thailand is poison. Fact is, you saved a child the other day. The dog may have killed a child sooner or later. I agree with the poster who said offer to give the lady a ride to the police station. She is a chancer. She doesn't care about the dog at all. The police won't give a crud. Solve the issue with your wife by asking her to talk with the child you saved. She'll soon realise you made a tough, split decision for the greater good. Once it emerges that you saved a child from being savaged, you will emerge a hero.

I wish there were more people helping to solve the problem of wild dogs in Thailand.

It's a big danger specially for kids and other domestic animals that are taken care of, even for grown ups.

They bite spread diseases and make shit noises.

You might have done it more elegantly, but I can imagine it anyway.

Just ignore the bitch!

Against the flow of advice from many other posters, don't try and deny it. Your wife already knows, a claim is being made against you, the story is already out. But, apart from the many thousands of TV viewers, nobody knows you deliberately ran the dog down.

Report it, making sure you get across that it was running free and came from nowhere. Apologize profusely to the police and ask what can be done. No mention of dead cats or knowledge of knowing the dog.

I admit, this suggestion is far better than my suggestion, and most likely the one to follow.

I have been attacked twice by soi dogs (once a pack, once solo) and have puncture scars to prove it.

Did you look at the dogs in the wrong way? Dogs pick up on bad attitudes and get frightened easily. There was probably a puppy close-by and thought you wanted to run the puppy over or poison it.

Learn to speak to dogs and you won't have any problems.

You done the right thing. Soi dogs are a pain in the arse and all need to be round up and sent to Cambodia where they will make a good meal for hungry people.

If she says the dog is hers, say your sorry and take her to a dog pound and get her another one.

humans been always belive to be owner of the world but we only share it with all others animals. we own only our house not the road and we don't want animals coming inside we have to keep close the gate. you have not the right to kill a dog just because it burking on the road. we choose to live in this country and we do not have the right to change the culture, who can not accept it can move back to his own country. no one ask you to bring your idea of democracy, keep it for you in your country please. a dog can kill a cat like a cat can kill a rat. you are human not an animal but if act like animal you have to know that you can die as the same wayback...

• Like 1

For what it's worth I think you did the right thing, dangerous animals should be put down. Since the government won't do it here it comes down to personal responsibility. Nobody takes responsibility for it, it's fair game. Go to the police with your wife, get her to explain everything you said in your OP, ask her to prove she owns the dog like photos of her with it and videos of the kids playing with it. WHAT ?! You don't have any ? Job done. If she nreally dfdoes own the dog then ask the old lady who was bit to sue her....

• Like 1

Did you kill that dog? You run back to your car as the dog attacked you and then left.

Are you sure you run over that dog? You must be dreaming. You did not do that. You are not aware of that neither.

Follow your wife; she knows best how to deal with this. Fact is you did not kill that dog and you don't know anything. There is nothing to settle.

Time to amend your posting into: I am accused of killing... wink.png

post-184530-0-87810600-1385461451_thumb.

post-184530-0-97122900-1385461468_thumb.

• Like 2

I don't know....this is a tough one, especially since a rabid (not saying that this one was) dog on a soi can be very scary. I tend to agree with the "see no evil, hear no evil speak no evil" crowd. I guess a middle ground, but riskier might be "What dog? Oh....oh...I think I remember it...was that the crazy dog that killed my cats and bit the grandma and the little girl? Wow...no, haven't seen it in ages, but I guess we don't have to worry about it anymore." See what she says to that.

Still, my instincts would tell me to deny all as this lady is out of her gourd if she thinks 20,000 has anything to do with the cost of a soi dog.

And, next time....jai yen yen.....I have found that Thais usually do these dogs in themselves when they start killing animals (my stepson's dog killed 3 chicken's in the village and the chicken owner came over and wrang its neck. Everyone knew and said nothing, as that was just the cost of killing those chickens). Oh, Thai villages. So easy sometimes.

• Like 1