Threshing

MJP

Hi MJP,

Nice sharp image but the composition is a bit confusing. There is no discernible pattern or lines in the straw and the only leading line is in the top right and then out of the frame. The leading line would be the implied movement of the worker and that is out of the top right of the frame. Perhaps is the worker was in the lower left third, the line would take you into the frame better. Just my two cents.

Stix

• Like 1

I like it also,in fact I like the complete series of shots you took of the harvesting/threshing.

With this one I can't help but feel that it would of told more of a story to me if the photo

had been taken vertically and the lady feature in this photos had been at the top of the

image....as if she was walking away from completed work.I know that she is walking away

in this shot,but the work she has done is to the side of her and so a little confusing.

anyway,enough of my mindless rambling......it's still a cracking photo.

Threshing? He is cutting by hand as the bigger machines don't do the corners. Also, where the rice has laid down flat, the farmer will prefer to cut by hand. This crop (top 15cm of the plant with rice on top) is neatly stacked to one side (as can be seen on the foto) and taken home to be threshed by hand for next year's sowing.

I have done this back breaking work myself and you don't work in a straight line.

Edited by cooked

Look for the number . . . what is the number?

HiJack, whistling.gif

So now, Kan it be found in the Threshing ? Well someone is looking for one or more numbers. cheesy.gif

Win w00t.gif

Sorry Kan Win,

I misunderstood your thread and thought I was helping you with it. I thought we were supposed to post our own photos where we spotted something out of the ordinary.

Then I re-read the OP and it turns out we had to spot something in the photo you had posted.

So apologies.

MJP

Edited by MJP
  • Like 1