Everyday Life in the hills

fabianfred

Fred I would like to ask a few questions regarding the last photo, if you could answer them I would be grateful.

1. Is that a grave they are walking past?

2. I take it they kill the swine and gut it before cooking it?

3. If so how do they kill it?

4. How many people will this swine feed and how long will the food last?

You could educate them and pass some knowledge to them they are probably not aware of.

Kill the pig without it knowing about it, the meat tastes twice as good as it never got to secrete any noradrenaline into its system before death.

Surprise quick kill is the best and most humane.

Thanks for the photos.

No that is not a grave... just a part of a bamboo fence..

I do not know how they kill it... but if you look at a previous photo showing the shaving of a white pig...it is dead but no blood showing, so they didn't cut its throat....although that is the karen tribe whereas the black pig is with the Lahu tribe.

• 2 weeks later...

If you enjoy my pix and want more... see my flickr .. https://www.flickr.com/photos/fabianfred/

Thank you Fabianfred;

I " follow " you;

it's difficult to click on every star ; all your photos are so beautiful .

What do u think about that new line in Chiang Rai forum ; rather about some answers which are , for me , a minimum tactless from people who never went in the mountains...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/783469-some-13000-hill-tribe-people-in-chiang-rai-need-blankets-winter-jackets/?utm_source=newsletter-20141212-1420&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

I gave to a a priest , catholic ou protestant ? I don't know ; who is living in Chiang Rai about 200 kg of shirts, pants , pullover , sweaters , socks when I came there beginning of november this year.

I hope I can do it again in a few weeks ;

my thai friends from Sawang daen Din and Phangkhon cyclo-team want to do a new cycling journey in the provinces of north Thailand ;

if we can do - I think in February - it will be done with a minima a pickup with our luggages and other clothes for the poor people living in the mountains.

• Like 1

15912444865_4475f5c7d9_o.jpg

looking East from Doi Angkhang... down into Fang valley (my home town) ...beyong the distant hills is the valley leading to ChiangRai. I love all the little crinkles in the landscape to the right of centre ... and the winding road to come up..

A dangerous road when down hill with a bicycle;

I did it with a french friend coming from Doi_Ang Khang a few weeks ago ;

Our question was :

is it possible to climb this road with our bicycles and our saddlebags ?

The percentage is often more important than to climb the Doi Inthanon .

15761873380_5b7811461d_o.jpgPB113489_doi_ang_khan__fang_tathon by vanhouten1, on Flickr

15329544163_661647a896_o.jpgPB113490_doi_ang_khan__fang_tathon by vanhouten1, on Flickr.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...