Everyday Life in the hills

fabianfred

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome thread FF.

I really hope these people stay true to their way of living and not be influenced by media and greed and the evils that entail with that.

They all look so peaceful and happy, real nice people, you don't need to know them to come to that conclusion you can just see it.

Thanks for sharing this with us all,

Edited by rhythmworx
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

^^Good luck with your planned trip, Assurancetourix. Don't forget to to take lots of photograficpix....am looking forward to seeing them. I'm planning to explore the Doi Ang Khang area, for 3-4 days maybe in January / February when the blossoms/flowers are out, but I will be letting the trusty PCX deal with the hills! Some of Mrs R's family come from the Fang area too, si I guess we will be doing a lot of visiting....

@fabianfred..... Thanks yet again for sharing. Any hints or tips for exploring the area would be much appreciated, if you have a spare moment. wai.gif

Edited by Rob8891

FabianFred have received my PM and answered to me we will miss a beautiful festival on road 1130 or 1234 between Pa_Sang and Mae_Salong the 14 & 15th of november;

so we will change a little bit our route so we can be there for the festival;

Yes, we will shoot many photos and maybe some videos;

I will have my new camera only in january 2015;Panasonic Lumix FZ200 ; what a shame !!

Mai pen rai, Bo pen yang do, I will come back another time...tongue.png

For you who like photos from the north of Thailand;

Chiang_Dao , about 60 km north of Chiang_Mai on rd 107

p2280323.jpg

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Astonished to see the little girl with a Bouddha amulete; The Padong are catholics or protestants .

There's a Catholic church there but never seen anyone use it. Come across this in many hilltribe villages; maybe the conversations are not taking.

• 3 weeks later...