Don't drink and drive- New strict rulings!

webfact

I don't see an exemption for the airlines. The TAT could really increase the length of everyones stay by conducting

breathalysers on passengers as they arrive. Not much repeat business though.

Uhmmm....only the heavy drinkers and Alcoholics in "denial' will be complaining. I witnessed an innocent little girl get run over by a drunk driver in Korat. He also hit a pole which stopped his get away and then sat there drinking a beer. So I welcome the law. if they truly enforce it. You don't have my sympathies.

Edited by Mrjlh

They are getting of the railroad, I never saw a government like this in my fiftyone years on this planet. This is called dictatorship and the lawmakers still consuming their wine in their offices and the officials will drink on during work hours. A two.faced society who is lying to themselves, in Thailand we do not like this, we do not do like that and then they go home and beat their wives to death. Tobacco and alcohol sells well in Thailand and it always sells best were people aren't satisfied or living in poverty because the rich keep their cake. The government make their cut by taxes and penalties besides the companies, who are in one or another way connected with the parliament and on TV they want to make you believe they are so caring about the people and so pure in heart when pixeling a cigarette and liquor glass, what a joke and a lot of the population believe that crap. wai2.gif

One question my fine friend. Do you live here in Thailand? If you maybe you should think about leaving. Because it seems you are not happy here.

this good for the non - drinkers here. But the foriegners that come here to drink and stay drunk all the time will still do what they want. They would never do that in their own country so they do it here. The one thing I wonder about is "WHO" will inforce this??????

It's always been a load of <deleted>. Yes Tesco, 7-11 will not serve alcohol between 11.00-14.00, but EVERYONE else does. What i like about living up here in Isaan, is that NOBODY takes any notice of the laws and regulations coming out of BKK. Good on 'em.

They are getting of the railroad, I never saw a government like this in my fiftyone years on this planet. This is called dictatorship and the lawmakers still consuming their wine in their offices and the officials will drink on during work hours. A two.faced society who is lying to themselves, in Thailand we do not like this, we do not do like that and then they go home and beat their wives to death. Tobacco and alcohol sells well in Thailand and it always sells best were people aren't satisfied or living in poverty because the rich keep their cake. The government make their cut by taxes and penalties besides the companies, who are in one or another way connected with the parliament and on TV they want to make you believe they are so caring about the people and so pure in heart when pixeling a cigarette and liquor glass, what a joke and a lot of the population believe that crap. wai2.gif

sounds like you may have to go back to europe wher everything is good! Thailand has always been corrupt. I have never seen a traffic cop, but I have seen the cops with their hands out for "lunch" or tea money! when I read about anyone being stopped, jailed and fined for drunk driving that is "upper class"

Uhmmm....only the heavy drinkers and Alcoholics in "denial' will be complaining. I witnessed an innocent little girl get run over by a drunk driver in Korat. He also hit a pole which stopped his get away and then sat there drinking a beer. So I welcome the law. if they truly enforce it. You don't have my sympathies.

My sympathy to you having to witness such a tragedy, but I am quite certain that your example is not the rule; ...more like you drawing upon your own personal and bad experiences in life and painting a very broad trail. Using the words "Alcoholic" and "denial" sort of gives you away. Running from one radical extreme to another does not legitimize painting all the other black; all because of one single bad experience. If it justifies your mantras, then good for you, but that is not how real life works. I say this respectfully to your credo.wai2.gif

The OP is about lunatics doing nothing more than broadening their scope of powers to do yet more sordid and evil things with impunity whilst the general public doesn't give a damn because it never enters their single synapse to do so. I would not be surprised were the police to invoke the powers of the gods and have done with these silly implications of their all-knowing superiority. Let's just cut to the chase and invoke the powers of the gods upon them so they can stop making up rules and do whatever it is they wish to do. They do anyways, don't they? ...may as well justify it.

But I digress. It's all F.U.B.A.R. anyways, so it matters not what we, the foreigners, think as witnesses to this full-on lunacy.

This would be news if the Police force wasn't a lacklustre organisation that only enforces laws when its reminded to, or needs some extra pocket money. I frequently buy alcohol between the hours of 2 and 5. It wouldn't be so bad but these are just dumb laws. Try and get your existing shit together before introducing new stuff.

One question my fine friend. Do you live here in Thailand? If you maybe you should think about leaving. Because it seems you are not happy here.

Much longer than you imagine, about 25 years! Always hard for some to face the truth, just because I analyze the situation it will not reveal my state of happiness staying here to you!

Correct if im wrong.

If my taxi driver is found to be over the limit, does that mean as the non drinking passenger im subject to 6 months in prison?

That's the way I understand the rule, am I wrong?

Yeah, you're wrong. It's about physically drinking while being in a motor vehicle. Not being over the limit. You're possibly being confused by the bit where it says drivers and passengers are "equally liable"- that just means if a passenger is drinking, he's still breaking the law. Same with a driver. Not that they are liable for each other.