Living Around Singburi

Makyai

Hi All,

We are looking at moving to live near Inburi, Singburi. My grandfather owns some land out that way and we have been there several times and prefer it over BKK.

Information about everyday living would be greatly appreciated. Information such as:

1. Grocery shopping, where is the best place besides the local markets?

2. High speed internet connection so that we can keep in touch with Australia?

3. Satelite TV

4. Service centres for motor vehicles?

Anything that might make the transition easier and help us enjoy the lifestlye that this small town has to offer.

Thanks

Makyai

I live about 50 km North of Inburi in Tak Fa, we've lots of family down that way. A lot of what you ask will depend where exactly you are staying, in town or out in the sticks.

1. Grocery shopping, where is the best place besides the local markets?
You have Tesco's in Auttaya about an hour south, Big C in Nakorn Sawan about an hour north, or the local markets. There's a small Tesco's in Chinat as well, but still probably about an hours drive.
If you are in Town you may be able to get adsl, if not the only other option is IPstar satilite internet. I used to have it , but it's really expencive for what you get, never really got the speeds advertised and it goes off line with haevy cloud cover. If you are out in the sticks you may not even be able to get a land line. I use GPRS with a mobile phone, cheap, on a good day about the same speed as a land line, on a bad day a bite every now and again.
3. Satelite TV
UBC for english speaking channels and sport, can't remember how much it is now, probably about 2500 a month plus instalation. You can get the big satilite dishes, but most people I've talked to recon the choice of english channels is poor
Unless you have something exotic, it should'nt be a problem

Thanks RandomChances for the information.

We are not going to be living in town, but rather in the "sticks" as my grandfather owns some land around Inburi. Interesting information about internet and satellite TV though, and this is something that we will need to seriously investigate. Regarding motor vehicle, we were looking at ones that can use both LPG and petrol/diesel. Seeing as the fuel prices is not coming down anywhere in the world, we want to look at the most effiecient and cost effective.

I live about 50 km North of Inburi in Tak Fa, we've lots of family down that way. A lot of what you ask will depend where exactly you are staying, in town or out in the sticks.
If you are in Town you may be able to get adsl, if not the only other option is IPstar satilite internet. I used to have it , but it's really expencive for what you get, never really got the speeds advertised and it goes off line with haevy cloud cover. If you are out in the sticks you may not even be able to get a land line. I use GPRS with a mobile phone, cheap, on a good day about the same speed as a land line, on a bad day a bite every now and again.
3. Satelite TV
UBC for english speaking channels and sport, can't remember how much it is now, probably about 2500 a month plus instalation. You can get the big satilite dishes, but most people I've talked to recon the choice of english channels is poor
Unless you have something exotic, it should'nt be a problem