AIS Wifi Hotspots - Are there any?

Kitsch22

Having recently acquired my first AIS 3G 2100 SIM I find that my subscribed package (89 baht/week unlimited data, first 300Mb tolerably quick, after that treacle-slow) apparently includes access to AIS Wi-fi hotspots. Does anybody know, please, if any such hotspots exist in or around Chiang Rai?

I am located right out in the sticks and although I have the benefit of a reasonably strong 2G signal, I have yet to see the 3G icon light up on my phone, let alone encounter any Wi-Fi availability.

I do not go to Chiang Rai town very often, but when I do it would be nice to know whether or not I can in practice make use of what could be a valuable facility for the purpose of software updates or similar downloads of substantial size.

AIS also partners with 3BB for wifi Hotspots (over 60,000 wifi spots nationwide) to offer a 99฿/30-days unlimited wifi.

Once you have your 4-digit One-Time-Password delivered via SMS, look for an WiFi SSID of AISwifi, 3BB_WiFi, 3bb_Hotspot or Cyberpoint then enter the subscriber mobile number as username and OTP as password. AISwifi and 3BB_WiFi can be set to autologin.

I usually get this package and find 3BB WiFi hotspots outnumber the AISwifi hotspots I can find.

Edit: Wifi network provided by Cyberpoint is limited to 1 hour/day. Ugh. gotta love the small print.

Edited by RichCor