i-STYLE2.1 - Driver Question

Kitsch22

I purchased an i-Mobile i-STYLE 2.1 smartphone a couple of weeks ago and wonder if anyone here can help me with a question.

I am very pleased with the phone - dual-SIM and excellent value for money for under 3,000 baht. It seems to have all of the facilities that I would ever wish to use with the sole exception of GPS which I have, on the move, via my tablet devices anyway.

I have encountered only one problem. When I connect the phone by USB lead to my Netbook (Windows XP SP3) I get the usual Windows dialogue asking me to install the driver setup software but there was no setup disk supplied with the device (nor is there any mention of it in the handbook) and my attempts to locate appropriate software/drivers on the 'Net have to date proved unsuccessful.

If you have one of these and have managed to locate and install the requisite drivers then it would help me greatly if you could please reveal from where you obtained them. I have not yet had an opportunity to take the obvious course of enquiring at a dedicated i-Mobile shop - the nearest one is 70km distant from me and I shall probably not be in that area for several weeks.

Okay, just tried this with an i-mobile IQ1.1 on a Win XP SP3 laptop.

Plugged it and got the same message... but I left unticked where it says Don't ask me about this again.

I unplugged the USB cable from the laptop, then plugged it straight back in again and immediately got a series of pop-ups about installing something Linux. Then some message about successfully installing a composite device. Tapped the phone to accept USB storage and everything on the phone displayed on the laptop so it looks like Windows sorts things out for itself, no need to go on the internet.

Thank you very much, kkerry, for your response and the suggestion contained within it. Unfortunately I have been unable to achieve success (after 12 attempts). Whatever I do I end up being taken back to the Microsoft "New Hardware Wizard" which invariably finishes by informing me that the device is not properly installed. Never mind; it probably does not matter much as the Bluetooth connectivity is okay. But, next time the opportunity arises, I shall certainly go and enquire at the i-Mobile shop.