Chuwit says Suthep alone cannot topple Thaksin regime

Lite Beer

Suthep should be in police custody already! How can a law breaker judge a government?

How can a convicted criminal run a country?

This is the wish of the majority of the Thai people, because this government has been elected free and regular.

Enlighten us o wise one how can 48% of the voters be the majority.

The only thing free and regular about them is their bowel movement's and they should step up the pace on them. they are starting to build up an excess. I see you have had this avatar for a while. Good idea if you to fall back on You wouldn't be Fab4 would you?

• Like 2

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate Chuwit with a passion for what he instigated 10+ years ago without any real consequences on Sukhumvit, before he even became a MP.

I personally knew someone who committed suicide because of his actions.

There is always an ulterior motive with this man.

Do you also know the full story? or is it what you heard from someone about someone who told someone?

Please enlighten us. I would like to hear the full story.

He had some land which was being squatted on by a bunch of fairly seedy bars.

He sent in some thugs one day to level the place.

The land was not being squatted on. Other posters have posted a more accurate summary. The tenants were a mix of bars, craft shops even a laundry that had their livelihoods razed at 4 in the morning without any warning. My condo at the time I overlooked the lot and I witnessed it first hand.

Suthep should be in police custody already! How can a law breaker judge a government?

This is the wish of the majority of the Thai people, because this government has been elected free and regular.

48% of 75% has never been larger than 50% +1

Enlighten us o wise one how can 48% of the voters be the majority.

The only thing free and regular about them is their bowel movement's and they should step up the pace on them. they are starting to build up an excess. I see you have had this avatar for a while. Good idea if you to fall back on You wouldn't be Fab4 would you?

Can you all quit obsessing over numbers?

The last time the democrats won an election in 1995 it was with 31.8% of the vote - and voter turnout was 62.4% (24 million roughly)

Total numbers don't matter as much in the representative system chosen.

"Chuwit said he didn’t think the Democrat party’s strategy of fighting on two prongs – in the parliament and on the streets – would not lead to the overthrow of the Thaksin regime."

Double negation: Chuwit did not think things would not lead to the overthrow of the Thaksin regime. Means he did think it would overthrow the regime.

Seems Thai PBS got things mixed up. In fact Chuwit thinks the strategy will not lead to the end of the regime.

Perhaps he will next suggest teaming up with the democrats to help overthrow the regime. Then throw in a few hundred thugs? A criminal helping to overthrow a bunch of criminals. Maffia wars.

Edited by EricBerg

I hate Chuwit with a passion for what he instigated 10+ years ago without any real consequences on Sukhumvit, before he even became a MP.

Do you also know the full story? or is it what you heard from someone about someone who told someone?

The full story is out there Lemoncake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuwit_Kamolvisit

In January 2003, Chuwit was accused of having hired some 600 men to raze several bars, shops, a laundry and a travel agency on "Sukhumvit Square", a plot of land he owns at Sukhumvit Soi 10. This was an apparent attempt to remove the low rent tenants so the land could be developed. The tenants had been led to believe they had valid leases from another company and were not notified of the raid, which took place very early on a Sunday morning. Chuwit was arrested and spent a month in jail. He denied responsibility and was finally released on bail.

He didn't raze several bars, shops etc ... it was several dozen. A lot of very good people running very legitimate businesses - bars, craft shops, souvenir shops, clothes shops, salons - were ruined because of him.

At this very moment, there are portions of Chinatown where people who have run businesses for decades are being turned out by the owner of the property and their leases suddenly terminated. Let's see you dare to criticize that owner.

Is there any evidence that a criminal manages Thailand and Yingluck is only a puppet? Bullshit there is not. The government is elected fairly and the so called Democrate Suthtep should be behind bars. Only thing that man need is his bag of peanuts.

Edited by metisdead
Large font reset to normal.

Let's make sure we're clear here. A majority did not vote for PTP. They are governing via a coalition government due to this. A majority is defined as more than 50%.

As is the case in every multi-party parliamentary democracy in the world.

Let's make sure we're clear here. A majority did not vote for PTP. They are governing via a coalition government due to this. A majority is defined as more than 50%.

They govern in the same way as almost every multi-party democracy using a parliamentary system in the world - the party with the most votes or seats gets the chance to form a coalition. You may not like it, but that's how it works.

• Like 1

Is there any evidence that a criminal manages Thailand and Yingluck is only a puppet? Bullshit there is not. The government is elected fairly and the so called Democrate Suthtep should be behind bars. Only thing that man need is his bag of peanuts.

Where have you been for the last 10 years?

• Like 1

Here it is folks the JOKE OF THE MONTH post, was waiting for a nut to post something like this.

Think Jes you are NOT being serious ??? if so --you new to the scene ??? or a wind up merchant

Even the die hard red followers would NOT post like this, they would be too shy.

Try looking at both sides of the fence, but maybe it's difficult if you have only one eye.coffee1.gif

• Like 1

The demonstration is much bigger than Suthep. Suthep is guiding things to some degree, that's it.

Chuwit is like a poodle snapping at the heels of bigger dogs. He's probably lamenting that he's not the person gaining publicity. He's also a shape-shifter in regard to the prostitution biz - playing both sides of the street, depending on which is more advantageous at any given moment.

• Like 1

Pardon me for correcting your sentence structure, but the word 'need' in last sentence should have an 's' on the end. Also, 'Bullshit there is not.' ...is unclear. If there was a comma after 'bullshit' then you would effectively be saying there is no bullshit (...in relation to what?). I think what you're trying to say requires two separate sentences, such as: 'Bullshit. There is not.'

If appears you're well acquainted with bullshit, so all you need is a way to express yourself clearly, and perhaps a clear-thinking mind to boot.

They govern in the same way as almost every multi-party democracy using a parliamentary system in the world - the party with the most votes or seats gets the chance to form a coalition. You may not like it, but that's how it works.

100% agree. Just semantics. One definition of "majority" is more than 50%. PTP did not get more than 50% of the votes in the last election. Meaning a majority of Thais voted for other parties.

They got more than any other, but not a clear "majority".

He had some land which was being squatted on by a bunch of fairly seedy bars.

He sent in some thugs one day to level the place.

The land was not being squatted on. Other posters have posted a more accurate summary. The tenants were a mix of bars, craft shops even a laundry that had their livelihoods razed at 4 in the morning without any warning. My condo at the time I overlooked the lot and I witnessed it first hand.

Seeing as the rent wasn't being paid to the owner, they were squatting.

The area was an eyesore and a dump. It was bound to go at some point. The people there had a good run in a prime location.

• Like 1

Not that its relevant to OP, but here you go.

He owned the land on soi 10, that land was developed into entertainment zone similar to Nana Plaza plus some markets.

It really took off and became popular.

He had an assistant, right hand man if you wish, i believe Indian Thai, who went around collecting rents upfront up to one year without Chuwits knowledge.

After collecting a nice lump sum, he did the runner, i believe back to India.

Chuwit, was not receiving any income so went to look for his money from the vendors, only to find out what took place.

Naturally, he was not going to wear the loss, so ordered all people to pay again, and naturally all refused and refused to vacate.

One morning he showed up with 2 trucks full of soldiers and demolished the entire area.

Vendors went up roar and demanded for police and government to take action, mounting the pressure.

Eventually, something had to give in, so Chuwit build Chuwit Garden and donated it to the people of Bangkok.

As recent as about 5 years ago, he has bult a huge house right next door to this garden

The very same man, exposed a number of high ranking police officer involved in corruption

Once again, exactly who owned the land?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In January 2003, Chuwit was accused of having hired some 600 men to raze several bars, shops, a laundry and a travel agency on "Sukhumvit Square", a plot of land he owns at Sukhumvit Soi 10. This was an apparent attempt to remove the low rent tenants so the land could be developed. The tenants had been led to believe they had valid leases from another company and were not notified of the raid, which took place very early on a Sunday morning. Chuwit was arrested and spent a month in jail. He denied responsibility and was finally released on bail.

It's been some time, obviously, but I use to go there almost every day around this time. I knew the owner of an internet cafe there and use to play pool at one of the bars in the early afternoons. I was there the day before and there the day it was demolished. It was horrible.

From my hazy memory, somebody was subletting without Chuwit's permission. Everybody had been warned, but they believed it was OK as this other person promised them he had a contract. Which he didn't. Warnings were given, but nobody heeded them.

A dastardly act for sure. The guy who owned the internet cafe lost everything. The army guys retreated to their base so they wouldn't be arrested. I remember the police waiting outside the gates to arrest the guy in charge of the crew. Horrible.

• Like 2

Wrong. The majority of the Thai people did not vote for PTP at the last general election. This has been pointed out many times and on many threads. Try researching the actual facts, rather than quoted propaganda before posting.

Free and regular - sure if you consider vote buying regular.

• Like 2

He didn't raze several bars, shops etc ... it was several dozen. A lot of very good people running very legitimate businesses - bars, craft shops, souvenir shops, clothes shops, salons - were ruined because of him.

At this very moment, there are portions of Chinatown where people who have run businesses for decades are being turned out by the owner of the property and their leases suddenly terminated. Let's see you dare to criticize that owner.

And who might that owner be?

1. How can a breaker judge a government? ... Ask George Washington and Thomas Jefferson!

2. How can a convicted criminal run a country? .... Via Skype and covert meetings at international locations!