Chuwit says Suthep alone cannot topple Thaksin regime

Lite Beer

Once again, exactly who owned the land?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Read again please
So Chuwit owned the land, people were using the land with no legal right to do so, and he removed them. Is this not something any landowner anywhere has the right to do?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No in a normal society, razing everything that is on the land, in the middle of the night, by some demolition crew is NOT the way to reprosses your land. In a normal society (and in this case Thailand included) you go to a court of law and if the owner is well within his right, businesses get prior notification that they need to vacate the premises, with the added advantage that they can secure their belongings.

Turning the lot into Chuwit park was part of his get out of jail card..

Have to disagree, even in a normal society as you say, if someone does not have any right to be on your property, you do not need to go through courts.

In some countries, you can even use a gun to kill for trespassing.

Naturally i am not saying what he did was right, however vendors were not going to move otherwise

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ The trouble is, this was no case of trespassing, these businesses all paid lease.

Yeah, just NOT to the owner

If you bought a car and it turned out to be stolen, you do not get to keep it, it get confiscated and you out of pocket, no money and no car

Edited by lemoncake

^ The trouble is, this was no case of trespassing, these businesses all paid lease.

If you bought a car and it turned out to be stolen, you do not get to keep it, it get confiscated and you out of pocket, no money and no car

Chuwit become owner of the land in december 2002 and raised the place in january 2003. Now I am sure you can do the math. He publicly admitted paying police to raise the place and he publicly admitted buying the land in december 2002. Edited by sjaak327

Chuwit become owner of the land in december 2002 and raised the place in january 2003. Now I am sure you can do the math. He publicly admitted paying police to raise the place and he publicly admitted buing the land in december 2002.

If thats the case, he has full right to do so as the new owner. Previous contracts or agreements, all ceased upon purchase

Chuwit become owner of the land in december 2002 and raised the place in january 2003. Now I am sure you can do the math. He publicly admitted paying police to raise the place and he publicly admitted buing the land in december 2002.

If thats the case, he has full right to do so as the new owner. Previous contracts or agreements, all ceased upon purchase

Really ? How do you know this ? These people could have had leases running for a year or more. I understand you have some strange admiration for this pimp, but looking at the facts, there were other avenues that he could have followed. Sure they would have been more time consuming, but at least these businesses, that paid lease, would have had time to secure their belongings. Precisely how legitimate and respectable landowners would have done it.

The way he handled it was clearly not a lawfull way, he managed to get his ass out of jail, but he certainly used a lot of bargaining chips to achieve it.

Really ? How do you know this ? These people could have had leases running for a year or more. I understand you have some strange admiration for this pimp, but looking at the facts, there were other avenues that he could have followed. Sure they would have been more time consuming, but at least these businesses, that paid lease, would have had time to secure their belongings. Precisely how legitimate and respectable landowners would have done it.

The way he handled it was clearly not a lawfull way, he managed to get his ass out of jail, but he certainly used a lot of bargaining chips to achieve it.

If leases are not included in the sale or if leases were not registered with the land office, they are null, void.

I understand you have problem accepting reality, but welcome to the real world.

Businesses get thrown out daily and loose everything, such as a fact of life.

I will repeat again, since you either missed it or had troubles understanding. Yes he could have gone many other ways, and i am not saying chosen way was a nice way, however vendors were not going to go, such as Thai style.

Even squatters, when told to move on, refuse to leave and they do not pay any rent at all or have any legal or moral leg to stand on.

• Like 1

if leases were not registered with the land office, they are null, void.

I have to correct you on that.

Only lease longer than 3 years are required to be registered with the land office.

Thank youwai.gif , in this case i doubt any were registered on any paper or even mentioned in the sale.

Suthep should be in police custody already! How can a law breaker judge a government?

How can a convicted criminal run a country?

This is the wish of the majority of the Thai people, because this government has been elected free and regular.

Absolute crap. This is the wish of 48% of the 65% who chose to vote in the election ... which constitutes about 1/3 of the adult population eligible to vote. Which also means 2/3 of the adult population didn't elect Thaksin's proxy government or the laughable excuse for a puppet prime minister. Apart from that, your comment is almost right.

If leases are not included in the sale or if leases were not registered with the land office, they are null, void.

I will repeat again, since you either missed it or had troubles understanding. Yes he could have gone many other ways, and i am not saying chosen way was a nice way, however vendors were not going to go, such as Thai style.

Even squatters, when told to move on, refuse to leave and they do not pay any rent at all or have any legal or moral leg to stand on.

In the real world people do not wake up and see their belongings trashed by a criminal pimp. Squatters, yeah of course this lowlife would call legitimate Thai businessowners exactly that. Tells you all you need to know about the person concerned and how he is not really the self acclaimed fighter against corruption...

I guess you need to wake up a bit if you believe in this person and his absolute <deleted>.

In the real world people do not wake up and see their belongings trashed by a criminal pimp. Squatters, yeah of course this lowlife would call legitimate Thai businessowners exactly that. Tells you all you need to know about the person concerned and how he is not really the self acclaimed fighter against corruption...

I guess you need to wake up a bit if you believe in this person and his absolute <deleted>.

Legitimate business woman? Lol

What is so legitimate about selling copy dvd's or copy clothing ?

Best you save your energy fit a better course.

By the sound of things you do not have a clue what real world is or what it's about

Legitimate business woman? Lol

What is so legitimate about selling copy dvd's or copy clothing ?

Best you save your energy fit a better course.

By the sound of things you do not have a clue what real world is or what it's about

I did say legitimate Thai businessowners. Selling Dvd's is a hell of lot more legitimate than running "massage parlours" on Ratchada or ordering thugs to destroy everything on your plot in the middle of the night.

It seems to me that the one having no clue isn't me...

I did say legitimate Thai businessowners. Selling Dvd's is a hell of lot more legitimate than running "massage parlours" on Ratchada or ordering thugs to destroy everything on your plot in the middle of the night.

It seems to me that the one having no clue isn't me...

Haha, you right. No biggie stealing from others (copyright) but massage parlor is a problem .

Edited by lemoncake