Twin evils are battling to bring down Thailand

webfact

The nation with possible exception of the manager group is the most corrupt double standard practicing news company in the land. Long gone are the days when anyone with basic intelligence even reads their shit let alone pays money for the rubbish they churn out. The last time I bought the rag was in 1997. And never again

Sent from my Lenovo A516 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Families in politics is nothing new - just look at the US ... Clinton, Bush, Kennedy etc. All I'm saying is that nepotism isn't present by definition simply because there are members of a single family in political circles. Sure Thaksin is different - but maybe we shouldn't be assuming others in the family are as guilty as him without real evidence.Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Excellent attempt to distract! Nobody SAID other members [of Thaksin's family] were "as guilty as him". By recharacterizing an issue you think you can divert the argument. No one NEEDS to be "as guilty as him" in order to be guilty by association and subject to his self-serving influence, and therefore NOT acting in the national interest. It's not about political families, and it's not about relative guilt, and that makes your post just plain irrelevant nonsense.

There is no evidence to back up boomerangutan's claim that is tantamount to suggesting that things can only get worse with Oak or elder sister's involvement. Therefore my point stands, and yours is invalid unless you can prove other members of the family are as incapable and badly motivated as Thaksin.

Personally I think it's the last thing Thailand needs, a return of the dynasty in any form, and it's time PT moved on. But Thailand needs Suthep far less.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Families in politics is nothing new - just look at the US ... Clinton, Bush, Kennedy etc. All I'm saying is that nepotism isn't present by definition simply because there are members of a single family in political circles. Sure Thaksin is different - but maybe we shouldn't be assuming others in the family are as guilty as him without real evidence.Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Excellent attempt to distract! Nobody SAID other members [of Thaksin's family] were "as guilty as him". By recharacterizing an issue you think you can divert the argument. No one NEEDS to be "as guilty as him" in order to be guilty by association and subject to his self-serving influence, and therefore NOT acting in the national interest. It's not about political families, and it's not about relative guilt, and that makes your post just plain irrelevant nonsense.

There is no evidence to back up boomerangutan's claim that is tantamount to suggesting that things can only get worse with Oak or elder sister's involvement. Therefore my point stands, and yours is invalid unless you can prove other members of the family are as incapable and badly motivated as Thaksin.

Personally I think it's the last thing Thailand needs, a return of the dynasty in any form, and it's time PT moved on. But Thailand needs Suthep far less.

Ahh! So you've now shifted gears from "as guilty as" to "as incapable and badly motivated as". Lol.

Nope, I thought that was what boomerangutan was implying, but as he didn't say it outright, who knows. He certainly suggested that other members of the clan would be as useless policy-wise.

90% of the police force are red shirts, anyone wonders why nothing is going to be changed?! It is like this and it will stay like this. Corruption rules the country and you can bet on it that the rich will stay on power!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Nope, I thought that was what boomerangutan was implying, but as he didn't say it outright, who knows. He certainly suggested that other members of the clan would be as useless policy-wise.

...to "as useless as"... OK, just explain how, if acting under his influence and at his behest, his family members can truly be any better for the country than he is. If you want to go into your "prove it" song & dance, I think you're truly paddling upstream (without paddles). But the amnesty bill debacle all by itself is proof enough to anyone with eyes to see. Truly a very bad move, very possibly a term-limiting move... Suthep would have no wind in his sails were it not for PTP's over-reaching and political bungling.

Yes agree with that, I've said it before, an amnesty bill was doomed from the start, the perfect excuse - and the one Suthep and his backers had been waiting for - to start the current shenanigans.

"Acting under his influence and at his behest. Yingluck to an extent for sure - but the others? That remains to be seen...

Yes agree with that, I've said it before, an amnesty bill was doomed from the start, the perfect excuse - and the one Suthep and his backers had been waiting for - to start the current shenanigans.

"Acting under his influence and at his behest. Yingluck to an extent for sure - but the others? That remains to be seen...

"To an extent"!? Yes, like bars sell beer in Pattaya "to an extent". Lol. The others are simply as yet pretty much beyond tthe spotlight; that doesn't mean they're any less subject to his control than YS. Very naive to suppose that they are.