BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
webfact

Ambassador Kent: British travelers consider Thailand a year-round tourist destination

Ambassador: British travelers consider Thailand a year-round tourist destination

BANGKOK, Thailand - Britain’s Ambassador to Thailand Mark Kent has welcomed news that UK tourists now consider Thailand as a year-round holiday destination.

Mr Kent, guest speaker at a networking luncheon hosted by Skal International Bangkok, was responding to comments made by Club President Dale Lawrence that the Tourism Authority of Thailand’s marketing efforts in the United Kingdom were finally paying dividends.

Mr Kent noted the increasing popularity of Thailand amongst UK nationals with the TAT forecasting some 838,000 arrivals from the United Kingdom for calendar year 2013.

He welcomed the news that the average length of stay by Brits in Thailand (17 days) was above average with a significant average daily spend of Baht 3,800.

He warned of the dangers of travelling without adequate health insurance but refused to be drawn on the Thai government’s proposed compulsory Baht 500 health insurance scheme.

The Ambassador told the Skal Bangkok luncheon group that most injuries and fatalities amongst UK nationals visiting Thailand were as a result of motor bike accidents where the victims were not wearing helmets.

Full story: http://www.eturbonews.com/40103/ambassador-british-travelers-consider-thailand-year-round-touris

-- eTN 2013-11-28

this ass-licker instead of giving speach and parading like a peacock,

he should take care of his citizen, i mean the english tax-payer

Don't you mean thje British taxpayer ?

• Like 2

I'm sure many UK citizens come in June to escape the oppressive heat of an English summer.

I'm sure many UK citizens come in June to escape the oppressive heat of an English summer.

Nah, the quality UK tourists are here for the excellent customer services, cheap prices, great safety record and lack of "suicides". Oh wait, none of those things are true anymore. They're here for the sun and cheap feline companions. Oh no, that's not cheap here anymore either (so I'm told).

• Like 2

Nah, the quality UK tourists are here for the excellent customer services, cheap prices, great safety record and lack of "suicides". Oh wait, none of those things are true anymore. They're here for the sun and cheap feline companions. Oh no, that's not cheap here anymore either (so I'm told).

I'm not sure the price of cats is regularly discussed amongst UK sex tourists.

• Like 1

Taking care of, or looking after it's citizens is not, and never has been, the primary function of an embassy.

... nor has fleecing them of close to THB 3,000 any time they want an official stamp....!!

• Like 1

Taking care of, or looking after it's citizens is not, and never has been, the primary function of an embassy.

... nor has fleecing them of close to THB 3,000 any time they want an official stamp....!!

Ambassadors tea money.
  • Like 1

They should stay home and buy a budgerigar, They're always going cheep.