Italy's Senate expels ex-PM Silvio Berlusconi

webfact

Italy's Senate expels ex-PM Silvio Berlusconi

ROME: -- The Italian Senate has voted to expel ex-Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi from parliament with immediate effect over his conviction for tax fraud.

Berlusconi, who has dominated politics for 20 years, could now face arrest over other criminal cases as he has lost his immunity from prosecution.

He told supporters in Rome it was a "day of mourning" for democracy.

Ahead of the vote, he vowed to remain in politics to lead his Forza Italia in a "fight for the good of Italy".

A defiant Berlusconi told supporters gathered outside his Rome residence that "no political leader has suffered a persecution such as I have lived through".

He said: "It is a bitter day, a day of mourning."

Berlusconi, 77, said his struggle would continue outside parliament.

Full story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25128115

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2013-11-28

Since he's now officially out of the loop, do you think he'd let me scribble down some of the phone numbers in his little black book?

Arevadecci pretty young lady, you don't know me, but one of your former lovers, Mr. Big Shot Berlusconi, told me it would be ok for me to call you up for a hot date. How about down by Via Venito at 7 pm. I'll pay your cab. We'll go out for some tutti frutti and then I'll personally inspect your natuka.

it's the first political good news from my country in years. Unfortunately almost impossible for him to be imprisoned (because of his age, house arrest is a possibility, but unlikely in his case). And unfortunately his supporters still going to vote people like him.

Even without going into details (I guess the forum has a strict policy about political talks), I guess I may say that I kind of like Thailand. In a situation with some similarities (an amnesty proposal and a former prime minister that could benefit from it. Amnesty is being considered in Italy, too, for Berlusconi) people is debating and many of them actively protesting for their believes, while in Italy nobody cares, except privately complaining about the economy. sad.png

Edited by primapagina

Imagine Thailand arresting someone as prominent as this goombah was? Does anyone think that could ever happen? If so, would there be any possibility of a conviction, or would he be fined 500 baht? Justice is a nice thing.

Thailand did something similar, a few years ago. The scoundrel slipped out of the country. Thailand has suffered since as he continues to do all he can to cause troubles.

Imagine Thailand arresting someone as prominent as this goombah was? Does anyone think that could ever happen? If so, would there be any possibility of a conviction, or would he be fined 500 baht? Justice is a nice thing.

Thailand did something similar, a few years ago. The scoundrel slipped out of the country. Thailand has suffered since as he continues to do all he can to cause troubles.

Was he actually charged while in the country? If so, he should have been held without the possibility of bail. Thailand was nuts and irresponsible to ever allow him to depart the country while charges were pending. That was inane. Look at the problems he has causes, and continues to cause. Something should be done about him. He does not appear to deserve the oxygen he consumes so freely. There are vipers, earthworms, frogs, crocodiles, wild boars, and single celled amoebas that are further along than this creton on the evolutionary scale.

• Like 1