Thai PM Yingluck easily survives no-confidence vote

webfact

I want to give you an example-In all the top hotels in London you have a clientele of mega rich people, they are CLANS these clans frequent a different hotel. in one of the clans on (un-named) VIP went bust, within a week the word got round so was not welcome in the clan any more. Do you get my drift ?????

No, not at all... What are you waffling on about ?

Stop TRYING to be clever with your post. If you read the first part of my post you WOULD understand--when your in a click and you follow the rules you will stay in the click---

What are you Waffling on about if you cannot get the gist of my post.???? picking out half of the post -trying to show other posters that is all I posted. NOT TRUE

After brownie points are we, get your head on straight and understand. I am not the best writer BUT do make or try to make valid points, unlike you nit picking.

Posting all or part of you post makes no difference...

Still don't have a clue what you are on about !

Maybe you can explain in a different way ?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously? After all the useless pathetic answers she gave, she still passes the vote?

It is indeed sad but was to be expected as they own over 310 of the seating MP's....

Sad day and that doesn't bode well for the future.

One good outcome is that hopefully a few of the Thai that followed the debate might see into their game a little clearer... Hopefully.

They rejected any allegation of corruption in rice scheme, Thaksin doesn't control the PTP, she is the boss and always has been... facepalm.gif

To the be lovers of the current govt and the claim about democratically elected government (who should not that paying for vote is not really democracy), there is a very good opinion article on another source that I invite you to read, very informing...

I have to say I was surprised by Suthep actions as many other were, but considering the positions taken by this government that is holding to power like a dictator and lying in the face of evidences on a daily basis, I do not know what other options are available...

MP's are paid to back up the government, army is paid to not interfere, Watermelons... are watermelons....

Not many ways out and during this time they keep raping the country finances and people as if there was not tomorrow...

Disgusting how "democratically elected" government can turn to dictatorship...bah.gif

---------------

On a different note, this government and the Dubai boss really can reflect the different processes of cases condemned by many conspiracy theories: Governments do not decide, lobbyist and financial institution owners dictate most of the governments decisions at the global level and so on....

Really similar to the situation here, except that they are really too obvious in Thailand cheesy.gif

Can it be a theory when its just in your face??

Certainly hope this situation will improve but i do not have much hope seeing the government attitude...

Did anyone really think, the outcome would be any different?

There is a majority in power and there will not be one honorable man or woman out of that majority that will vote anything but "I am here, I get loads of money, I will stay here!"

It's about power and money and that is it!

Thai democracy is a joke!

I have to say I was surprised by Suthep actions as many other were, but considering the positions taken by this government that is holding to power like a dictator and lying in the face of evidences on a daily basis, I do not know what other options are available...

Well the problem in Thailand is that large numbers of people are denied or do not know how to access channels of true information. The main TV and web news sources are extremely tame and uninformed, and of course many people can not even afford computers and web.

So the main weapon is information. For example, if it is true that 500,000 people were massed in the anti-government demonstration, and each were given a handful of heavy-data booklets with catalogued failings and crimes committed by Regime X, lets say PTP, and each of those demonstrators hands out just two booklets during the course of the protest, that is one million people recieved new factual data on how their country is being corruptly mismanaged, to the detriment of almost every citizen in the nation. That is one million potential conversions to political activism, a lowering of political mass entropy, and the effect is always a snowball one, so the one million figure is just day one.

PTP are standing to get a historic trouncing at the next elections, all it actually requires is for clear and accurate political data to be available to the large numbers of people who are clueless as to what is currently going on. Even with vote-buying and tribal loyalties, the balance would tip if people were better informed and motivated to make a change. Then of course it is up to the opposition to have credible leaders who don't act like Suthep has just done.

Edited by Yunla

Yingluck survives no-confidence vote with 297 votes of support

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra Thursday comfortably survived the no-confidence vote with 297 coalition MPs voting in her support.

A total of 134 opposition MPs voted against her while five MPs abstained.

The vote was held at 9:56 am.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-11-28

In a working democracy own party MPs don't blindly vote for their own people.

Dopey Dems.....they had their chance and couldn't get the job done.....

Names and acurate figures of the corruption may have made some difference.....but it's not the "polite" way.....

I don't think they have a plan B!

Thank you for showing the whole forum just how ignorant you really are.

They were never going to win the vote, the Dems even said that. The entire corruption machine that everyone is protesting against was always going to keep Thaksin's puppet from harm.

Even with the most galring evidence in the world PTP were always going to vote in Thaksin's favour because it is Thaksin who put them in government. The smaller coalition members just follow the crowd as they are nothing really.

This just demonstrates that democracy does not work in Thailand.

The PTP had the chance to redeem themselves and vote against Thaksin, and this would have done a lot towards stopping the protests and allowing them to finish their term. But now..... They ALL have to go.

PTP just blew their last chance.

The people won't like this one bit and this is not going to go down well on the street with tensions at breaking point.

No plan B required. The machine is already in motion and you and you red god can do nothing to stop it.

Suthep is RIGHT...... The system needs a complete overhaul.... Now come on protesters...... time to finish the job.

You are so full of yourself. Who are you to decide who or what is ignorant?

Why does Suthep proclaim he wants free and fair elections (no vote-buying) and yet he does not want senators to be elected?

You are kidding right?

'

Names and acurate figures of the corruption may have made some difference.....but it's not the "polite" way.....

I don't think they have a plan B!'

You trying to tell me that these words are not born out of pure ignorance???

'Dopey Dems?.... They are a lot more intelligent than that sad sack of a prime minister you all hold so dear... Pure Ignorance!

They had their chance?.... How can they have a chance when the house is full of corruption???... Pure Ignorance!

Names and figures may have made a difference... but it's not the polite way???...Pure Ignorance!

I don't think they have a plan B?.... What is happening on the streets and all over the country???... Pure Ignorance!

Why does Suthep want fair elections and does not want senators elected?... Pure Ignorance!

Because all the elections that this government and Thaksin are involved in are rigged to the rooftops. So will every single senatorial election... That's why.

I am Thainy Tim, that's who i am, and I may be full of myself, but if it looks like crap and smells like crap.... Then I call it crap! I have a right to call it out and any ignorant person who supports it.

That is who I am!

Cool...........have you considered seeing a therapist about that?

• Like 1

They were never going to win the vote, the Dems even said that. The entire corruption machine that everyone is protesting against was always going to keep Thaksin's puppet from harm.

Even with the most galring evidence in the world PTP were always going to vote in Thaksin's favour because it is Thaksin who put them in government. The smaller coalition members just follow the crowd as they are nothing really.

The PTP had the chance to redeem themselves and vote against Thaksin, and this would have done a lot towards stopping the protests and allowing them to finish their term. But now..... They ALL have to go.

The people won't like this one bit and this is not going to go down well on the street with tensions at breaking point.

No plan B required. The machine is already in motion and you and you red god can do nothing to stop it.

Suthep is RIGHT...... The system needs a complete overhaul.... Now come on protesters...... time to finish the job.

Why does Suthep proclaim he wants free and fair elections (no vote-buying) and yet he does not want senators to be elected?

You are kidding right?

'

'Dopey Dems?.... They are a lot more intelligent than that sad sack of a prime minister you all hold so dear... Pure Ignorance!

They had their chance?.... How can they have a chance when the house is full of corruption???... Pure Ignorance!

Names and figures may have made a difference... but it's not the polite way???...Pure Ignorance!

I don't think they have a plan B?.... What is happening on the streets and all over the country???... Pure Ignorance!

Why does Suthep want fair elections and does not want senators elected?... Pure Ignorance!

Because all the elections that this government and Thaksin are involved in are rigged to the rooftops. So will every single senatorial election... That's why.

I am Thainy Tim, that's who i am, and I may be full of myself, but if it looks like crap and smells like crap.... Then I call it crap! I have a right to call it out and any ignorant person who supports it.

That is who I am!

Cool...........have you considered seeing a therapist about that?

Not really.

But anyway..... Off to the protests, back later.

I don't think they have a plan B!

You are kidding right?

'

That is who I am!

Thanks for setting us straight. Just don't assume someone's allegiance (or intelligence) by the questions and/or comments they make.

“Confidence is ignorance. If you're feeling cocky, it's because there's something you don't know.”

Eoin Colfer, Artemis Fowl

I want to give you an example-In all the top hotels in London you have a clientele of mega rich people, they are CLANS these clans frequent a different hotel. in one of the clans on (un-named) VIP went bust, within a week the word got round so was not welcome in the clan any more. Do you get my drift ?????

Stop TRYING to be clever with your post. If you read the first part of my post you WOULD understand--when your in a click and you follow the rules you will stay in the click---

What are you Waffling on about if you cannot get the gist of my post.???? picking out half of the post -trying to show other posters that is all I posted. NOT TRUE

After brownie points are we, get your head on straight and understand. I am not the best writer BUT do make or try to make valid points, unlike you nit picking.

Whats with you ??? The click I was giving example to are not dissimilar to the click you have in the ruling party---if you do not get this you do have a communication problem.

When you answered me you left out the first part of my post WHY ??? as the second part that you included (looking at it alone) would be a little vague. so next time you reply Quote all, there are not only you reading this forum, by doing what you did misleads people.

Please do not reply and say you do not understand, just get a medical opinion.

PM Yingluck, interior minister pass censure grilling
By English News

13856163372490.jpg

BANGKOK, Nov 28 - Thailand’s prime minister and interior minister sailed through the no-confidence vote virtually unscathed today after two days of strongly-worded debate.

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra survived easily with 297 supporting votes against 134 nays, with two abstentions and five no-votes.

Interior Minister Charupong Ruangsuwan received 296 against 135 votes. Four MPs abstained and four failed to exercise their rights.

Meanwhile, anti-government protesters stayed overnight at the government complex on Chaeng Wattana Road last night and continued their demonstration in the compound today.

Some protesters moved from the government complex to rejoin their colleagues at the Finance Ministry. Others said they would come back later in the day.

The complex houses several ministries and independent public agencies including the Office of the Ombudsman, the Election Commission and the National Human Rights Commission.

Two trucks equipped with audio and visual equipment were turned into a makeshift stage at the government complex which has become one of the several rally sites in Bangkok.

Deputy Prime Minister Pracha Promnok said state agencies remained open and gave assurances that the government would not disperse the demonstrations with force.

He said state enterprise unions were entitled to call a nationwide work stoppage today and tomorrow and employees have the right to join the demonstrations.

Asked if the government has talked with key protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban, Pol Gen Pracha said there was a behind-the-scene dialogue but “we really don’t know how far he would go now that the demand to scrap the amnesty bill was met.”

“This is an elected government under the democratic system and the Constitution. It’s not right to topple the government,” he insisted. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-11-28

If the Senatorial elections were guaranteed not to be rigged and riddled with vote buying, he probably wouldn't object to them being elected.

If the Senatorial elections were guaranteed not to be rigged and riddled with vote buying, he probably wouldn't object to them being elected.

How do you rig an election when both sides are free to buy votes? Isn't it the same thing as flooding TV with advertising? Does one side really have more money than the other? I don't think so.

• Like 2

Yingluck survives no-confidence vote with 297 votes of support

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra Thursday comfortably survived the no-confidence vote with 297 coalition MPs voting in her support.

A total of 134 opposition MPs voted against her while five MPs abstained.

The vote was held at 9:56 am.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-11-28

such a slap in the face of the yellows

come on you reds !

• Like 1

Well done Yingluck now get governing the country and clear this whistle blowing rabble of numbties out of your capital city the elected parliament has given you its answer to your leadership.

She is over 2 years late in governing the country so why should she start now?

Well the problem in Thailand is that large numbers of people are denied or do not know how to access channels of true information. The main TV and web news sources are extremely tame and uninformed, and of course many people can not even afford computers and web.

So the main weapon is information. For example, if it is true that 500,000 people were massed in the anti-government demonstration, and each were given a handful of heavy-data booklets with catalogued failings and crimes committed by Regime X, lets say PTP, and each of those demonstrators hands out just two booklets during the course of the protest, that is one million people recieved new factual data on how their country is being corruptly mismanaged, to the detriment of almost every citizen in the nation. That is one million potential conversions to political activism, a lowering of political mass entropy, and the effect is always a snowball one, so the one million figure is just day one.

PTP are standing to get a historic trouncing at the next elections, all it actually requires is for clear and accurate political data to be available to the large numbers of people who are clueless as to what is currently going on. Even with vote-buying and tribal loyalties, the balance would tip if people were better informed and motivated to make a change. Then of course it is up to the opposition to have credible leaders who don't act like Suthep has just done.

Then let democracy run it course and kick them out in the next election, they made their bed.

It will still not stop the corruption prevalent in society though.

Edited by Theoutsider

Whats with you ??? The click I was giving example to are not dissimilar to the click you have in the ruling party---if you do not get this you do have a communication problem.

When you answered me you left out the first part of my post WHY ??? as the second part that you included (looking at it alone) would be a little vague. so next time you reply Quote all, there are not only you reading this forum, by doing what you did misleads people.

I think you mean "clique". "Click" makes me think about using the mouse and a computer. Anyway, "clique" makes much more sense.

Democracy is when a group are voted in by majority to rule for a certain time. This has occurred so now let them rule until next election rather than continual fighting until army takes over - IDIOTS. The ballot speaks for itself - 297 lawmakers voting in her favour and 134 against.
Now move on for christ sake before thecountry is totally ruined. I know so many Thais who think likewise and can see their country in total meltdown

• Like 1

Well done Yingluck now get governing the country and clear this whistle blowing rabble of numbties out of your capital city the elected parliament has given you its answer to your leadership.

theres someone intouch with the public and events haha

Notice how the pro yingluck and her corrupt incompetent government TV supporters who are jumping for joy after a meaningless vote.Fact is in the 2 day debate her cabinet and herself answers to the charges were pathetic

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by kingalfred

The Dear Leader Suthep (as criminal and violent as his North Korean counterpart, can't win elections since 1992. And 1992 was only won thanks to the misbehaviour of the military. Suthep and his friends passed over 20 amnesty bills in a few decades.

If you can't win elections you lose votes. The few dumb farang supporting him would be outraged if their governments would be thrown out and replaced by a temporary emperor who would tell the voters they are too stupid to know for whom they are voting. Agreed, in the American Bible belt they are, just like the Tea party people but not so in Izan.

• Like 2

Democracy is when a group are voted in by majority to rule for a certain time. This has occurred so now let them rule until next election rather than continual fighting until army takes over - IDIOTS.   The ballot speaks for itself - 297 lawmakers voting in her favour and 134 against.

Now move on for christ sake before thecountry is totally ruined. I know so many Thais who think likewise and can see their country in total meltdown

No No No! That is not how modern politics works.

If it goes how *I* want, then it is legitimate and "democratic".

If it does not go the way I want, then it is illegitimate and undemocratic and I can ignore it.

Unfortunately, that is what politics has devolved to...it is not important to do what might be best for the country, it is only important that my side "wins". If it is a Pyrrhic victory, no matter.

Sent from my Xoom using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

I think you mean "clique". "Click" makes me think about using the mouse and a computer. Anyway, "clique" makes much more sense.

Ha Hacheesy.gifcheesy.gif Sure I do. must be the wrong time in the month. never realized I'd put it.

I would have thought Cornishcarlos would have known throughout my post I had put click and not CLIQUE, anyone would have put 2+2 together and realized.----------------thanks mate.

I think you are right! Thais need a better access to information. Both sides use propaganda and censorship to keep the masses dociles. Thaksin bullying the press and Abhisit and his computer crimes act. Nowhere is it safe to express ideas. The low level of English is a huge issue also of course. Better education is needed but it's too dangerous for those in power.