Phuket court gives 'Pitbull' Lee Aldhouse 25 years

webfact

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to see what a moron the guy that runs the not to be mentioned on TV forum blog site on phuket check his latest comment on his blog on this case...bah.gif

Not the first time he has gone on this rave on the same case also...saw on facebook that friends of the deceased were angry at his first comment.

From facebook ;23/10

Whitney McQuilliam Mundt I feel like the editor should have removed some of the writer's bold remarks regarding Dashawn's mom. It may be true that Thailand "went to extraordinary lengths" and everything, but the statements about "what she needs to remember" and how she "should never allow that rage to blind her..." are condescending and a little inappropriate.

The ed obviously reads TV..he, overnight ''edited'' his nasty post to a less nasty, but still not nice for the victims family to read IMO

Some points he makes are indeed valid, but to put it to the family on his personal blogsite as he does, instead of just thinking it shows him for what he is..a real jerk!

It's a shame that Thais who murder Farangs don't get the same punishment. For a Thai it seems to be a 500 baht fine and told not to do it again or they are allowed out on bail and you never see them again.

Chris

Really or are you fibbing? Seeing as this apparently is the norm according to you, can you point me to one single case where a Thai was convicted of murdering an expat and just got a 500 baht fine?

I believe you are twisting the facts to suit your negative viewpoint as there have been several cases recently where a Thai ASSAULTED an expat and was given a 500 baht fine, I believe this is what you are lying about trying to pretend that it was MURDER, right?

So he pleads guilty and as such his sentence will be halved 12.5 yrs. Good behaviour and he could be out in 5.

Did you even bother to read any of the stories or jut decide to plunge in to the discussion without first tying on your floaties.

The stories clearly say his sentence has been reduced from life in jail to 25 years - after the death penalty had been taken off the table as part of the negotiations to get him extradited.

To be eligible for returning to England to serve his sentence he must serve a certain portion of it here. The UK authorities I believe are not permitted to reduce the sentence period under the prisoner exchange agreement.

Forum readers I am not going to comment on the subject or the verdict, but wish to say in regards to it.

Please do not get drunk, get out of hand and get involved in an altercation that could lead to the death of or injuries to anyone, whether in a bar, or on the roads, Stay sober and think.

Christmas is coming.

Yes, Mama.

Quote: "He says he has plenty of things to do in the prison here," the lawyer said.

what's there to do here in prison that is interesting? I am confused about his agenda. BTW, he is not the same singer "Pitbull"(the white rap dude) is he?

When the publicity has died down he will ask to be allowed to spend his time in the UK, which will probably be granted. There the sentence will be reduced considerably.

Under the terms of agreement that allows prisoners to serve out their term in a prison in their home country's he will serve the full sentence as given. Here is an excerpt from a Foreign and Commonwealth Office PDF Document 'Transfers Home'

10. If I transfer can I appeal my
conviction and sentence through
the British courts?
> No. This remains a matter for the courts in
the country in which you were sentenced. The
British courts have no jurisdiction to review
either your conviction or your sentence.
9. How long will I serve on
my return?
> The British authorities will continue to enforce
the sentence imposed on you by the foreign
court. The British authorities cannot increase
the sentence that has been imposed on you.
However, the release arrangements of the
country where you are imprisoned will cease
to apply once you have been transferred.
British release arrangements will apply
instead. Each country has its own release
arrangements; because these differ, it might
be possible that your release date in the UK
is later than that in the country where you
are imprisoned. You will be provided with
detailed information about the calculation of
your release dates in the UK before you are
required to give your consent to transfer. You
should ensure that you fully understand the
consequences of your transfer before you give
your consent. If you are unsure you should ask
for clarification.
I am not sure how things work in Thailand. In the UK Prisoners get a 50% reduction in the time served for good behaviour. However how this is dealt with under the agreement between Thailand and the UK I don't know

Under the terms of agreement that allows prisoners to serve out their term in a prison in their home country's he will serve the full sentence as given.

Strange conclusion when the link you gave states:

However, the release arrangements of the country where you are imprisoned will cease to apply once you have been transferred.
British release arrangements will apply instead.

Under the terms of agreement that allows prisoners to serve out their term in a prison in their home country's he will serve the full sentence as given.

Strange conclusion when the link you gave states:

However, the release arrangements of the country where you are imprisoned will cease to apply once you have been transferred.
British release arrangements will apply instead.

Yes BUT the document does not make clear whether the time off applies to prisoners who have been transferred back to the UK. I have been trying to look it up but it seems to vary depending on the agreement with each country concerned. One thing is certain though, it will take some time if he does apply for a transfer the document does say it can take over 2 years.

It was well known that he would not face the death penalty due to extradition terms. So life was the maximum option. He plead guilty and automatically had sentence halved. Quite honestly this was the worst case sentence for him. And he deserves that worst case sentence. Let's hope he has a hard life in the Thai penal system. No doubt he will get a transfer to the UK penal system in maybe 8 years. No wonder the family are not pleased.

The Hard Thai Penal System !

That could have two different meanings!

Aspecially if you think about 'soap on a rope !

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Soap not on a rope.

Then you have to bend over to pick it up.

This is exactly why, IMO, in a case such as this, where all the evidence shows premeditated murder, and the accused pleads guilty to such , that the death sentence should be applied.End of story!!

Yes, he wishes that was the case because then he never would have been extradited in the first place !!

I am not sure how things work in Thailand. In the UK Prisoners get a 50% reduction in the time served for good behaviour. However how this is dealt with under the agreement between Thailand and the UK I don't know

50% ??? No, actually id depends on the date of sentence and some other criteria, for lots of prisoners in the UK it's only 33%.

Bloody good job and all.He'll have a ringpiece the size of a volcano after them nice Thai boys have infiltrated it for 25 years.I think his new name will be Lee ''pampers'' shithouse.

I would think its running the other way, he knows how to fight, he is a bully and he has (more) money than the mostly poor Thai inmates,

He will be a ALPHA guy in the prison system.

Bloody good job and all.He'll have a ringpiece the size of a volcano after them nice Thai boys have infiltrated it for 25 years.I think his new name will be Lee ''pampers'' shithouse.

I would think its running the other way, he knows how to fight, he is a bully and he has (more) money than the mostly poor Thai inmates,

He will be a ALPHA guy in the prison system.

He may be, but he will NOT be THE ALPHA male - lots of other Thai fighters in prison, look at the fighters they use for the early release programme!