Phuket court gives 'Pitbull' Lee Aldhouse 25 years

webfact

So he pleads guilty and as such his sentence will be halved 12.5 yrs. Good behaviour and he could be out in 5.

Didn't read the OP?

He has already pled guilty and has been sentenced already to 25 years...

He should/could have had the death penalty but because of his guitly plea got his half sentence..=25 years...no 12.5yrs involved facepalm.gif

Didn't read the OP?

He could NOT have received the death penalty, because the Thai court guaranteed the British Government he would not

get it.

It is British law, that they never extradite a convict to another country that carries a death penalty for that offence,

and in this case, would only extradite with that guarantee.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was well known that he would not face the death penalty due to extradition terms. So life was the maximum option. He plead guilty and automatically had sentence halved. Quite honestly this was the worst case sentence for him. And he deserves that worst case sentence. Let's hope he has a hard life in the Thai penal system. No doubt he will get a transfer to the UK penal system in maybe 8 years. No wonder the family are not pleased.

The Hard Thai Penal System !

That could have two different meanings!

Aspecially if you think about 'soap on a rope !

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

Quote: "He says he has plenty of things to do in the prison here," the lawyer said.

what's there to do here in prison that is interesting? I am confused about his agenda. BTW, he is not the same singer "Pitbull"(the white rap dude) is he?

When the publicity has died down he will ask to be allowed to spend his time in the UK, which will probably be granted. There the sentence will be reduced considerably.

If I had to serve a 25 year sentence I'm pretty sure I'd rather serve it in Thailand than in a UK Jail, provided I had a bit of money and the likelihood of some financial support along the way.

In a UK jail he'd be locked in a stinking cell for 23 hours a day, here in Thailand he's only locked in a cell at night.

In a Uk jail he'd get awful food. Here in Thailand he can eat anything he can afford in Jail.

Don't forget that he WILL NOT actually serve 25 years, and when he gets out he can write a book !

I can't pass any comments on the person as an individual as I don't know him, but it's entirely possible that he'd rather be in a Thai jail than a UK one.

Quote: "He says he has plenty of things to do in the prison here," the lawyer said.

what's there to do here in prison that is interesting? I am confused about his agenda. BTW, he is not the same singer "Pitbull"(the white rap dude) is he?

When the publicity has died down he will ask to be allowed to spend his time in the UK, which will probably be granted. There the sentence will be reduced considerably.

If I had to serve a 25 year sentence I'm pretty sure I'd rather serve it in Thailand than in a UK Jail, provided I had a bit of money and the likelihood of some financial support along the way.

In a UK jail he'd be locked in a stinking cell for 23 hours a day, here in Thailand he's only locked in a cell at night.

In a Uk jail he'd get awful food. Here in Thailand he can eat anything he can afford in Jail.

Don't forget that he WILL NOT actually serve 25 years, and when he gets out he can write a book !

I can't pass any comments on the person as an individual as I don't know him, but it's entirely possible that he'd rather be in a Thai jail than a UK one.

You think he could write a book ?..............blink.png

• Like 2

You think he could write a book ?..............blink.png

He doesn't actually have to be the one that taps it out on a keyboard... He'll have 'em lined up around the block to write it FOR him. Book, screenplay, comics & Sat'y morning cartoon show. I do see where the Oprah interview could be a problem though... Too bad the judge couldn't have awarded the victim's family rights to this jerk's lifetime earnings, but maybe they can bring a civil case to get them. (Surely lawyers everywhere are salivating already at the prospect.) Edited by hawker9000
  • Like 2

It was well known that he would not face the death penalty due to extradition terms. So life was the maximum option. He plead guilty and automatically had sentence halved. Quite honestly this was the worst case sentence for him. And he deserves that worst case sentence. Let's hope he has a hard life in the Thai penal system. No doubt he will get a transfer to the UK penal system in maybe 8 years. No wonder the family are not pleased.

Yes a transfer to a uk jail will be on the cards in less than 10, and depending on how much money he has managed to raise, jail time might not be that bad, you can buy any privlages you want(hookers, decent food, decent cell, nice fresh bucket of water every day for your sole use etc etc), only the broke people live in squalor.

Edited by howerde

Yes a transfer to a uk jail will be on the cards in less than 10, and depending on how much money he has managed to raise, jail time might not be that bad, you can buy any privlages you want(hookers, decent food, decent cell, nice fresh bucket of water every day for your sole use etc etc), only the broke people live in squalor.

Hopefully a Marine can do the same to enter his ''accommodation''..........whistling.gif

I agree. It was a stipulation of the first extradition from the UK to Thailand in over 100 years that he wouldn't face the death penalty. And no, the family isn't happy with the sentence, nor am I. But I am amazed that he was actually extradited and tried, then convicted in Thailand. First time in the history of the treaty between the UK and Thailand… More than most posters thought would ever happen.

When you think about it he is probably safer in a Thai prison than an English prison. When the Thai inmates find out what he did they would probably think - " That sounds about right, I would have done the same" whereas the Brits will treat him like the dog he is. Either way I hope he gets what's coming to him, one way or another. whistling.gif

• Like 2

he will have to serve 1/3 of his sentence before he can transfer to UK. And it has to be approved by UK to accept him, also Thailand has to approve it. Nothing guaranteed.....

Not sure if the Bangkok prison is different from ChiangMai ones. In CM there are no individual rooms(say for 4 men) it's still small, about 5X 15 m. with 50-60 men on concrete floors....Food is not good, no work out area...

Money can only buy so much in CM ....very little.....

• Like 1

How much time do Thai usually get for murder??

Not sure why you ask. This sentence was justified (in my opinion) given the facts of the case. You cannot generalise about a murder sentence in Thailand, many mitigating factors, and money/influence will always trumph justice in many places in the world.

This is such a sorry tale. Scumbag meets real man, gets his arse whipped in a fair fight, then with the morality of a coward kills the man because he is just that, a coward. More brute than a man. Hopefully he will serve the full 25 years. He will not be the same person when he comes out.

I am proud to know that this scumbag got thumped by an American Marine. God bless the American (and British) Marines. I have always felt safest when among them.

• Like 2

So he pleads guilty and as such his sentence will be halved 12.5 yrs. Good behaviour and he could be out in 5.

Didn't read the OP?

He should/could have had the death penalty but because of his guitly plea got his half sentence..=25 years...no 12.5yrs involved facepalm.gif

Didn't read the OP?

He could NOT have received the death penalty, because the Thai court guaranteed the British Government he would not

get it.

It is British law, that they never extradite a convict to another country that carries a death penalty for that offence,

Yes i know...read my post in context in reply to chooka who said.."So he pleads guilty and as such his sentence will be halved 12.5 yrs. Good behaviour and he could be out in 5."

I was pointing out the facts as presented in OP to chooka...

Should/could have was referring to just that...if the Thai authorities hadn't accepted the "no death sentence" clause to get him back here he ,definately should/could have had a death sentence.

IMO he deserves nothing less than a death sentence..better still maybe after 10 years hard time first

TT tiny tim; what is the basis of your observation about American justice? Just whigning?

Here... UK extradites 7 more UK citizens for every one US citizen extradited to the UK...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/9349617/Seven-Britons-extradited-for-every-one-American-MP-claims.html

I won't even mention the Amanda Know case in the murder of British Student Meredith Kercher in Florence, Italy who was acquitted pending a retrial and bailed and did a runner back to the US who refuse her extradition back to face trial. The Italians messed that up big time.''' ooops, I said I would not mention that... ah well.

The US baulk at the thought of a US citizen facing punishment for crimes committed off US soil. Yet always expect other countries to comply with their own requests.

Look at the furor over Gary McKinnon the autistic mental case who hacked into the US government computers looking for evidence of UFOs... The US have appealed over and over to get him to face a trial that could put him in a US prison for up to 60 years..... I loved it when for once, the Home office saw sense and threw out the extradition proposal.

By the way.... My comments are not so much an attack on the lopsided US extradition figures, it is more of an attack on the kiss arse British who usually send their citizens to the far flung dungeons at the drop of a hat.

Didn't read the OP?

Didn't read the OP?

get it.

Yes i know...read my post in context in reply to chooka who said.."So he pleads guilty and as such his sentence will be halved 12.5 yrs. Good behaviour and he could be out in 5."

I was pointing out the facts as presented in OP to chooka...

Should/could have was referring to just that...if the Thai authorities hadn't accepted the "no death sentence" clause to get him back here he ,definately should/could have had a death sentence.

IMO he deserves nothing less than a death sentence..better still maybe after 10 years hard time first

That's fine. I was merely reiterating the facts.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and feelings.

However, there are many cogent reasons certain countries have eliminated the death penalty from their legal codes.

State murder is no less innocent than that of the individual; a dead person can no longer redeem himself; dead men can't tell tales, or give new evidence; it is not up to us to take a life, are among them.

There are a number of alternatives to the death penalty, fallen out of use, that could well be revived. The low crime rate

of Singapore for example, would advocate the uses of the cane, and for people who have lost their humanity like this "Pitbull", islands that are used by countries like Australia for incarcerating refugees, would be better used to isolate dangerous criminals in exile.