Government offices in 33 provinces now besieged by protesters

webfact

Government offices in 33 provinces now besieged by protesters

1480709_10152027265005081_1073619060_n-w

BANGKOK: -- Anti-government protesters now have besieged government offices in 33 provinces with no violent resistance from police and local government authorities.

The latest siege today was in Samaut Sakhon where several hundreds of anti-government protesters are trying to storm into the provincial office building to force all officials to leave.

Negotiation was still on with hundreds of police guarding the office.

Opponents to the Yingluck government turned up after protest leader in Bangkok Suthep Thuagsuban calling on nationwide uprising by the people to reject the government of Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra which he said is now illegitimate after her ruling party rejected the Constitutional Court.

Suthep called on all protesters to besiege all government offices in the provinces to cripple the government with the D-Day to be set on November 29.

In Bangkok, anti-Thaksin demonstrators also were back on the streets marching to various government agencies to persuade government officials to stop work and return homes.

A large group of protesters is also heading for the National Police Office.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/government-offices-33-provinces-now-besieged-protesters/

-- Thai PBS 2013-11-28

• Like 1

Only one way to deal with protestors in government offices - hire them. What's that? They've already been paid? tongue.png

That would be quite a wages bill, if it in fact existed. I'm sure you have substantiation for your claims otherwise you wouldn't make them.

Are there 33 provinces in the south, or are the northern mercenary protesters turning fickle?

Edited by JRSoul
  • Like 1

It's a well known fact that protestors are paid for their time,

just as they are paid for their vote of politicians.

Proof isn't necessary.

It's a fact!

The people of Thailand do nothing for free,

besides sleep...

Not these protesters. They get free food, but are not being paid. I know some that are doing this and they are not getting 1 baht.

If you have proof, like the video showing the red shirts being paid, please post it. Seriously, I'd like to see it.

Free food. Thanks.

Paid in kind, not in cash.

Yeah yeah so they throw this government in or have another coup then the new government get protested by that anti-government and the circle keeps turning and turning like always.

All I can say is thank god it will effect tourism but in the long run the prices of everything will go up to make up for the loss and everyone will suffer.

God I love Beer LAOS

This is good. The only way to overthrow a corrupt government, is like the Philippines did, when they got rid of Marcos. It take action by the people. Marcos ran the the Philippines like it was his own personal property. The action of Thaksin are very close to Ferdinand, an elected dictator. wai2.gif .

Spoken like a true dope, suggesting Thailand should aspire to be like the Philippines. REALLY raising the bar there.

• Like 1

Proof isn't necessary.

It's a fact!

besides sleep...

Not these protesters. They get free food, but are not being paid. I know some that are doing this and they are not getting 1 baht.

If you have proof, like the video showing the red shirts being paid, please post it. Seriously, I'd like to see it.

Free food. No different to being paid. They now save money as they do not have to buy food.

Yeah, the attraction of free food is definitely a great motivator for people to travel hundreds of km to Bangkok to sleep outside. Not. If it were the case then you can't really question people's desire for change can you.. but as you well know, it's not the case, it's just a ridiculous comeback since you have no evidence that people are being paid money to protest.

Pull up some evidence of people being paid hard cash money on a daily basis as was prevalent with the reds back in 2010 and people might pay attention to the so far spurious claims of payment.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd
  • Like 1

Don't worry, they have just a few hands of voters, they depend on people in pampers, young and old and a handful of fanatics. Suthep is treating the protests as the business of certain execs of the Democrat Part, like a Pyramid Scheme. It is unsustainable. And Suthep a loser since 1992 when it comes to elections, will work out to be another loser who will spend the rest of his days in jail for murdering over 90 protesters and wounding 2000 plus.

• Like 1

Proof isn't necessary.

It's a fact!

besides sleep...

Free food. No different to being paid. They now save money as they do not have to buy food.

No actually... That is where all you on here accusing the free food as a payment in kind from the Dems in return for protesting efforts are totally wrong.

If you bother to watch the bluesky coverage, every now and then they announce a donation from benefactors that support the protests. People from the private commerce sector and plain old citizens. That is where the money is coming from to feed the protesters.

So get your facts right.

Don't tar these protests with the same brush as the red protests, it's not in the same league. These people are coming out 'for Thailand' hence the national flag as their symbol..... Not the red communist flag like the 'other lot'.

• Like 1

Proof isn't necessary.

It's a fact!

besides sleep...

If that is the case, surely Thaksin could just outbid the opposition?

While payments definitely do happen, the idea that the majority of protesters are paid is false. There's a lot of genuinely pissed off people out there on both sides.

• Like 1

besides sleep...

No just the dregs you obviously associate with. Glad to see you're an ajarn. If you were a mere kru you could really blow our minds with something really moronic as opposed to just obtuse.

• Like 2

Don't worry, they have just a few hands of voters, they depend on people in pampers, young and old and a handful of fanatics. Suthep is treating the protests as the business of certain execs of the Democrat Part, like a Pyramid Scheme. It is unsustainable. And Suthep a loser since 1992 when it comes to elections, will work out to be another loser who will spend the rest of his days in jail for murdering over 90 protesters and wounding 2000 plus.

It much be ages ago (like one or two days) last I saw such distortion of the truth. Well done, dear Tragic wai.gif

But don't worry hundred thousand anti-government protesters may be walking around in Bangkok and at least 33 other provinces. Mostly in age group 20 - 45 I'd say, but also lots of older people. This time with anti-government protesters I didn't see many diapered kids playing on heaps of tyres.

Yeah yeah so they throw this government in or have another coup then the new government get protested by that anti-government and the circle keeps turning and turning like always.

All I can say is thank god it will effect tourism but in the long run the prices of everything will go up to make up for the loss and everyone will suffer.

God I love Beer LAOS

I think protests, coups and collapses of the governments here in recent times have all been justified and will continue to be justified until the entire population grows a set of balls and demands free elections that are the kind people are familiar with in western Europe. Let people vote or not vote according to the promises made by their politicians and hold them accountable when it becomes clear they lied. Give life sentences to any politician found guilty of corruption in the election promise.

This is good. The only way to overthrow a corrupt government, is like the Philippines did, when they got rid of Marcos. It take action by the people. Marcos ran the the Philippines like it was his own personal property. The action of Thaksin are very close to Ferdinand, an elected dictator. wai2.gif .

Spoken like a true dope, suggesting Thailand should aspire to be like the Philippines. REALLY raising the bar there.

100% better than Thailand!

Proof isn't necessary.

It's a fact!

besides sleep...

Free food. Thanks.

Paid in kind, not in cash.

Oh very weak guys! The original "quip" (that was really a slur, not a quip) stated they were paid - people handing out food is not pay - or do you imagine all those reds on 500-2000 baht in 2010 would have trudged to Bangkok for a portion of rice and omelette? It was a lame attack, one that the Reds are always accused of (with evidence and testimony aplenty), an attempt to turn the tables that back fires like a wet squib. Weak!

• Like 1

Only one way to deal with protestors in government offices - hire them. What's that? They've already been paid? tongue.png

That would be quite a wages bill, if it in fact existed. I'm sure you have substantiation for your claims otherwise you wouldn't make them.

Are there 33 provinces in the south, or are the northern mercenary protesters turning fickle?

yes it would be far cheaper to buy of some PTP MPs....

It's funny to read all this excitement regarding the anti-government protesters storming ministries and city halls... Thaivisa members seem to love it and draw the conclusion that the whole country is against Yingluck.

But the view of the Thaivisa members, and so many farangs in general, is unfortunately based exclusively on what they are served by the biased English speaking media. It may be the only media they can understand... but, thank God, not the only news sources available for the rest of the people.

There is not a single word in these biased English language news sources about the people who support the government and are against the criminal actions advocated by Suthep. There are millions of such people in the north, of course, but also in the south, as far as Yala...

People criticizing the storming of city halls in the Deep South? In the turf of the Dems? In Yala?

Impossible, will reply all the naive Thaivisa members.

Apart from the (insert the usual insult here) red shirts, everyone else is revolting !

Everyone?

Not the ones on these pictures... smile.png

If you can't read Thai, ask me, I will translate smile.png

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1385645791.008254.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1385645828.956995.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1385645883.157754.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1385645931.757261.jpg

Sent from my iPhone...

This is exactly what I've been wondering about.

People seem to have forgotten so quickly the huge support that swept her into power, originally, and where that power base was geographically located.

I could never believe all these people would have turned against her so quickly

It's funny to read all this excitement regarding the anti-government protesters storming ministries and city halls... Thaivisa members seem to love it and draw the conclusion that the whole country is against Yingluck.

But the view of the Thaivisa members, and so many farangs in general, is unfortunately based exclusively on what they are served by the biased English speaking media. It may be the only media they can understand... but, thank God, not the only news sources available for the rest of the people.

There is not a single word in these biased English language news sources about the people who support the government and are against the criminal actions advocated by Suthep. There are millions of such people in the north, of course, but also in the south, as far as Yala...

People criticizing the storming of city halls in the Deep South? In the turf of the Dems? In Yala?

Apart from the (insert the usual insult here) red shirts, everyone else is revolting !

Everyone?

Not the ones on these pictures... Posted Image

If you can't read Thai, ask me, I will translate Posted Image

Posted ImageImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1385645791.008254.jpgPosted ImageImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1385645828.956995.jpgPosted ImageImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1385645883.157754.jpgPosted ImageImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1385645931.757261.jpg

Sent from my iPhone...

People seem to have forgotten so quickly the huge support that swept her into power, originally, and where that power base was geographically located.

There is still a huge support.

The whole north of the country, half of Bangkok and... surprisingly also some in the south support Yingluck.

I think that at this time the supporters of the government are in the "wait and see if they get bored" mode.

The protesters may feel euphoric because they could "seize" government offices, but soon they will probably come back to the reality. And the reality is that they turned into criminals who want to topple democracy but have no clue on where their silly actions are bringing them and the country.

What is certain is that the majority of the people will not allow the same people to, again, topple the government that was democratically elected.

Sent from my iPhone...

Do not fear my red shirt TVF friends. There's one government office in the south that will never get siege no matter what.

It's the one in Hat Yai province whistling.gif

From what I heard the protesters still couldn't find where the Hat Yai province is. facepalm.gif

• Like 1

Everyone?

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1385645791.008254.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1385645828.956995.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1385645883.157754.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1385645931.757261.jpg

Sent from my iPhone...

The problem is the assumption that the Reds en masse supported "her" or even her brother. There was a lot more to the Red demos of 2010 that bringing Thaksin back and no one knew she was anything to do with it back then (most I doubt even knew she existed). It was this that washed the PTP top victory, lets be honest Freddy Kruger could have been PM nominee for PTP and got in. They got in based on promises of change, and populist promises. These people have seen that the government has achieved little in way of making their lot better - in fact mostly they are worse off due to inflation and price fixing rises both when the minimum wage was announced and again when it was implemented.

How can anyone say that the 48% (or whatever) voters that voted PTP wanted Thakisn's return as opposed to those policies that were promised like the Rice Pledge, Tablets for all school kids, minimum wage, better health care, etc. Even ignoring the claims that so many votes were bought (yes on both sides) the support of one does not carry for the support of the other - only a referendum would prove that.

There are a lot of disgruntled people out there in the Red heartland. If this was not so there would be masses of Reds steaming down to Bangkok sans 500 baht to show their support - even when called few came, and already there is evidence that money has been paid for attendance.

This reminds me of the UK when Labour finally collapsed under Brown - many of the North that would never vote Conservative were stuck and ended up voting for other parties rather than their own natural choice or the diametric opposite (so called - not so in the UKs all-centred major parties at the time). I can imagine a lot of Reds sitting back in the North and watching and hoping that their dreams of 2010 can come to some semblance of realisation - perhaps if the PTP does a massive reshuffle and elects a new leadership. I am pretty sure most were not in it for Thaksin, but for policies that help them rather than the Bangkok elite as always had been.

Everyone?

Sent from my iPhone...

There is still a huge support.

The whole north of the country, half of Bangkok and... surprisingly also some in the south support Yingluck.

I think that at this time the supporters of the government are in the "wait and see if they get bored" mode.

The protesters may feel euphoric because they could "seize" government offices, but soon they will probably come back to the reality. And the reality is that they turned into criminals who want to topple democracy but have no clue on where their silly actions are bringing them and the country.

What is certain is that the majority of the people will not allow the same people to, again, topple the government that was democratically elected.

Sent from my iPhone...

Oh God.... he's STILL banging on about a democratically elected government. For crying out loud man, there is nothing democratic in paying people to vote. That is corrupting the system... CORRUPTION....Get it? coffee1.gif Any group of people who do such a thing deserve to face the wrath of the people.

Why do you cling to your fantasy of democracy when the government is being steered / influenced by a fugitive convicted criminal who lacks the cojones to face up to the consequences of his own actions? Even one of his own ministers is now talking of the need to reduce the influence of the man in Dubai. facepalm.gif

The Dems are not snowy white either, I grant you, but in the cesspit of Thai politics, they are going to have to try to get the least tainted people to help run the country, and work up from there (given that it's still a pretty low starting point).

• Like 2

Everyone?

Sent from my iPhone...

It's not so hard to believe that the Thai populace has woken up to the rampant corruption that is stealing from them. Remember the old cliché "You can fool all of the people some of the time, or some of the people all of the time...etc." Now the sleeping giant is waking up and it doesn't like what it sees, quite rightly.

• Like 1