People and their Motorbikes in Thailand(images)

Dancealot

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ now that is a cracking shot! ...thumbsup.gif

I am still dissapointed with the lack of detail I got from the human skin.

Stupid question: I chose 1/30th of a second to match the average speed of the motorbike in order to capture the feeling of movement while trying to focus on the subject. While shooting in these conditions, would I have gotten a better result after PP while shooting in RAW?

Probably not. At 1/30th second everything is going to be a little bit blurred due to the movement of the bike and you will lose detail; the flesh on the arms is probably vibrating! Increase the shutter speed and you will lose the speed effect which gives the shot the interest. Very hard to do, but if you could have angled the camera so someone's eyes (the child?) were shown in the side mirror, that would have added some interest and balance to the shot.

^ now that is a cracking shot! ...thumbsup.gif

I am still dissapointed with the lack of detail I got from the human skin.

Stupid question: I chose 1/30th of a second to match the average speed of the motorbike in order to capture the feeling of movement while trying to focus on the subject. While shooting in these conditions, would I have gotten a better result after PP while shooting in RAW?

Honest answer: did you really choose? or whilst flying along on the back of that bike, was the camera set to auto? wink.png......doesn't make any difference really, some of the greatest shots ever taken can be put down to pure accident &/or luck.

would the camera set to RAW on this shot matter in PP? No.

Honest answer: did you really choose? or whilst flying along on the back of that bike, was the camera set to auto? wink.png......doesn't make any difference really, some of the greatest shots ever taken can be put down to pure accident &/or luck.

Fracturedrabbit explaines how to generate the illusion of speed in his guide in the shutter panning paragraph which I have readsmile.png .

Although I am accustomed to shoot anywhere between 1/1000 and 1/1600 and a high focal lenght while flying on the back of a motorbike it's really not that difficult to manually adjust both these settings.

So I set the switch on TV to be able to adjust the shutter speed while focal lenght was operating automatically. Hence the clear focus on the girl.

Fracturedrabbit explaines how to generate the illusion of speed in his guide in the shutter panning paragraph which I have readsmile.png .

Although I am accustomed to shoot anywhere between 1/1000 and 1/1600 and a high focal lenght while flying on the back of a motorbike it's really not that difficult to manually adjust both these settings.

So I set the switch on TV to be able to adjust the shutter speed while focal lenght was operating automatically. Hence the clear focus on the girl.

ok.....good to know you're paying attention & not just willy nilly snapping away at any old thing. thumbsup.gif ..(keep it up)

DSC05732.JPG

DAL ... I'm late into this thread.

Just liked the kid's seat on the bike ... I've never seen one before.

But I have run out of likes ... your action shot taken as pillion on the bike (1/30 sec) above is great ... thumbsup.gif

A 'high note' ... you know what that means!

post-104736-0-92656000-1386137769_thumb. . . . . . . . . . . post-104736-0-41905800-1386137767_thumb.

After a kilometre of Farm dirt we get to the . . The beast ...

very narrow walkway built upon the local

canal. It drops both side about 2 metres

both sides to the klong.

Definitely a challenge after a few beers!

Archived