China praises Yingluck's 'restrained' measures

webfact

China Praises Yingluck's 'Restrained' Measures
By Khaosod Online

ch.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Chinese Ambassador to Thailand has praised Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra′s reluctance to employ violence against the anti-government protesters who had occupied a number of governmental buildings in Bangkok.

In his visit to Government House yesterday - just a few blocks away from the main campsite of the protesters - Mr. Ning Fukui said he was glad to see that Ms. Yingluck is handling the ongoing crisis in a peaceful, restrained manner.

During the meeting, both the Chinese ambassador and Thai leader discussed the two countries′ warm relations and touched on the possibility of the future infrastructure development. The Chinese government has previously offered to assist Thailand in its 2.2 trillion baht investment on construction of public transportation, including high-speed rail.

Mr. Ning said he was deeply concerned by the protests, which saw anti-government protesters led by former Democrat MP Suthep Thaugsuban seizing or besieging headquarters of four Ministries in Bangkok.

He also offered to assume the role of the mediator to solve the current political turmoil within the principle of Thai democracy.

Mr. Sukree Sitthiwanich, deputy Governor for Policy and Marketing Plan, Tourism authority of Thailand, also announced this morning that 28 countries have already issued travel warnings for their citizens concerning the political crisis in Thailand. Among the latest were Russia, Australia, Ireland, Switzerland, and Hong Kong.

Meanwhile, Secretary-General of the United Nations, Ban Ki Moon, expressed his concern about the rising tension in Bangkok, according to his spokesman.

"The secretary-general calls on all sides to exercise the utmost restraint, refrain from the use of violence and to show full respect for the rule of law and human rights," the statement noted.

However, the anti-government protesters, who are seeking to overthrow the government of PM Yingluck, show no sign of backing down; the protesters appear to be increasingly confrontational in their campaign against the government by launching additional protests against several provincial town halls.

Earlier today, the protesters went as far as cutting electricity to the compound of the Royal Thai Police headquarters in central Bangkok. A public hospital which locates on the same compound was affected by the blackout, leading to an urgent evacuation of its patients.

The police have made no attempt to disperse the protesters.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE5UWTFNalE0TWc9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-11-29

And in totally unrelated news, the Shin dynasterians announced that they supported China's correct and unalterable application of its new Air "Defense" Corridor over the Japanese and South Korean mainland. Additionally, the Shins requested that Chinese harmony and peaceful administration be extended to even more regions in the South China Sea.

I await ASEAN nations to tell Thailand to stop politicising their domestic issues by sucking chinas ........

Thumb

China should keep it's nose out of another countries business, their human rights record isn't something to be proud of , it can only be described as shocking and why the rest of the world bothers with them is beyond me, perhaps the mighty dollar has something to do with it, where money is concerned you often find brown noses. bah.gif

• Like 2

Mr. Ning Fukui said he was glad to see that Ms. Yingluck is handling the ongoing crisis in a peaceful, restrained manner.

Of course for the Chinese, a full out tank and automatic weapons deadly assault against student protesters constitutes "a peaceful, restrained manner". whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

• Like 1

He also offered to assume the role of the mediator to solve the current political turmoil within the principle of Thai democracy.

The Chinese have an understanding of democracy?

OK Thai Democracy is a unique concept, but still has the vestige of democracy, unlike what happens in China.

• Like 1

Given China's record on human rights, and its handling of protests by the rapid use of guns, this could possibly be the most

ironic headline ever. When it comes to handling dissatisfied citizens, China should be hanging its head in shame rather

than handing out advice to other countries. But I guess with Thailand being a vassal state of China, it pretty

much has to listen. Regarding China concern over the pending situation here, I sincerely doubt it stems from their concern

about Isan farmers, but rather about their worry about not being able to sell Thailand their crappy high speed trains.....

So with this government pitched out on its ear, hopefully that will be the end of the insane 2 trillion baht infrastructure / feed trough

filling scheme..... :-)

I thought this was a comedy spoof news story until I read past the title.

But seriously, when you recieve flattery from the Chinese State, you should probably re-think your whole entire life, and devote the rest of your days to acts of sincere and humble repentance.

• Like 2

The Chinese love the Shins. Thai government buys rice expensive and sells cheap to the Chinese (for a small fee).

Winners: Chinese and the Shins

Losers: Thailand's tax payers

And you have or can produce documents showing the "Thai government buys rice expensive and sells cheap to the Chinese (for a small fee)"

I think not...

YES, Yingluk shows great restraint, VERY Unlike the previous yellow government...

Previous government started using force when half of Bangkok was burning and a dozen of their security forces were killed. You got it wrong again my Aussie friend.

Really,,, "half of Bangkok was burning", reckon it would YOU who is wrong again my friendwhistling.gif

The Chinese love the Shins. Thai government buys rice expensive and sells cheap to the Chinese (for a small fee).

Winners: Chinese and the Shins

Losers: Thailand's tax payers

And you have or can produce documents showing the "Thai government buys rice expensive and sells cheap to the Chinese (for a small fee)"

I think not...

Well, if they buy expensive and sell cheap(which luckily after 2 years of asking, the government is admitting), A bit of common sense would conclude that..... Never mind Aussie. The Chinese and Thais would never do something corrupt. You are right.

• Like 1

YES, Yingluk shows great restraint, VERY Unlike the previous yellow government...

Previous government started using force when half of Bangkok was burning and a dozen of their security forces were killed. You got it wrong again my Aussie friend.

Really,,, "half of Bangkok was burning", reckon it would YOU who is wrong again my friend:whistling:

Correction. Only 36 sites were attacked during the Red rallies in 2010, not half of Bangkok. You are right.

cDDzlnO_zps7e4acda2.jpg

Edited by Nickymaster