BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Kerryd

I'm Quitting !

I don't know yet when I'm going there again. But wouldn't mind if anyone wanted to come here for a visit. :o

(I ain't no thick git no more. Ha!)

As far as I'm concerned, brit is now back in the States. :D

I don't know yet when I'm going there again. But wouldn't mind if anyone wanted to come here for a visit. :o

(I ain't no thick git no more. Ha!)

I don't understand ? :D

Am I missing something ? :D

As far as I'm concerned, brit is now back in the States. :D

Ouch !

That doesn't sound nice. Or maybe it just didn't come out right (the sentence). :D

Oh yeah,

71 days today ! (big deal.) Funny thing though. Had a nightmare last night/this morning. I was having dinner in a Thai restaurant with 2 Thai friends. It was a non-smoking restaurant (one of the few in the country).

At the end of the meal, I light up a cigarette. It was from a pack of Canadian cigarettes, a brand that I never used to smoked at all. An ashtray appeared from somewhere. My 2 friends never said a word. Just as I was finishing the cigarette, a waitress leaned over to whisper that smoking wasn't allowed there. I put the smoke out and put a menu over the top of the ashtray.

Then the alarm clock went off and I woke up. :D

It actually made me stop and think what I had done last night. For a few seconds I thought I had broken down and had a smoke.

It was just a dream though ! :D

Ouch !

That doesn't sound nice. Or maybe it just didn't come out right (the sentence). :D

Funny :D that. It looked better when I was writing. A bit worrying that I don't make too much sense - more than the usual nonsense :o anyway. Prolly need to get off the wagon. Lack of alcohol might have done some brain damage. :D

Keep up the good work, Kerryd. Very odd dream though. :D

Very odd dream though. :D

Probably has something to do with being all alone through these long, cold, dark nights. :o

Or too much spicy food before going to sleep ? :D

By the way, been meaning to ask. Where did you learn English ? I ask, because your English is considerably better than a number of the English speaking members here. :D

72 days now ! :D

Well guys my first post here on this thread,after 37 years of heavy smoking i mean from 2o a day to 40 a day towards the end i had my last nicotene stick at 9 am on January 20th 2006,so now 6 months have passed i have quit.I wished i could say i felt better but truth is i dont,the only benefit i feel as yet is in my pocket.

Good luck to all who wish to kick this most foul and dangerous habit

Zyban is Welbutrin marketed under a different name for use as an aid to quit smoking. (Welbutrin’s active ingredient is bupropion hydrochloride and is used as a stimulant for a person who suffers from depression. Welbutrin is an anti-depressant).

Welbutrin Side Effects:

Bupropion has been linked to seizures in about four out of a thousand patients who were given up to 450 mg/day. Other possible side effects include: anxiety, headache, hyperactive sweating, constipation, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, dry mouth and blurred vision. Other side effects that are less common but more serious include: palpitations, unusual weight loss or gain, agitation, slowed movements, trouble sleeping, tremor, dizziness, fainting, mood changes, difficulty urinating, drowsiness, decreased sex drive, seizures, mental problems, fever, muscle aches, yellowing of the eyes or skin. Allergic reactions to this drug may show the following symptoms: trouble breathing, rash, itching, swelling, or severe dizziness.

Quitting smoking is one of the hardest things to do I have done it around 9 times (3 times in the last 2 months) my record thus far is 3 weeks and I have used the gum in every case so, I guess it doesn't do it's job as well as it claims to.

Anyway best of luck to you, if nothing else I can tell you I felt better after 3 weeks and I'm still kicking myself in the ass for starting up again but I plan to stop on Monday again.

Very odd dream though. :D

Probably has something to do with being all alone through these long, cold, dark nights. :o

72 days now ! :D

Will be starting week six of no smoking today. If anything seems my dreams are more lucid. :D

Thanks for your inspiration Kerryd. :D

Ohhh..... you poor thing. Anything I can help? :D

Too much food does that to me sometimes. :D

By the way, been meaning to ask. Where did you learn English ? I ask, because your English is considerably better than a number of the English speaking members here. :D

Thanks. I learned in school and university. :D

Anyway, me two weeks and seriously getting the urge at the moment. :D So, I'm not going to any other place, other than my office, my apartment, and my parents' - as I never smoke in those places.

A friend in Afghanistan just sent me a very funny but poignant "stop-smoking" movie clip. If you'd like to see it (more reinforcement!), and can handle a 2.5mb download, and can view an .mpeg file, PM me.

3 weeks and 1 day. I'm feeling it again. I hope I won't break down tonight. :o:D :D :D

3 weeks and 1 day. I'm feeling it again. I hope I won't break down tonight. :o:D :D :D

80 days smoke free to day !! :D

I've been tempted over the last couple of days for some reason, but have been able to fight it.

I'm sure if an easily persuaded, soft touch of a guy like me can fight the urge, a smart, level-headed girl like you can do it as well ! :D

I'm gonna try again as of today. I have not had a cig since this morning. I am also of the booze. 3 days now.Going off it for a week or so. Not totally giving up. ###### that i like it too much. Just giving the liver a break.

Has been 6 weeks and 2 days now since I stopped. Only issue is that I'm a bit more surly now and my patience has a lower threshold. Hope that will go away soon.

I am trying as well.

I am a two pack a day man, but thats two packs to may at my age.

I am now into day 4 and although the first 3 days were spent in a hospital bed, there was not much chance of a smoke ,so as it really did not seem to bother me that much I thought I may as well stick at it.

Sitting here in front of the screen ..I reach for a ciggie and its not there..then I hit the "Why Quit" website and that sorts me out.

Lets hope we can all keep it up....but I am sure it gets harder than this