Addiction, my thoughts.

pokerman

Addiction is defined as: the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma. It comes from the Latin word meaning SURRENDER!

Worldwide, levels of depression, anxiety and addiction have reached epidemic levels: 1 in FOUR people are estimated to be clinically depressed! That’s over 1.75 BILLION PEOPLE!!

That number means nothing to most of us, so think of it this way: For every 4 people you see one will be depressed and there is a very good chance that one will be addicted to something and one will have low self-esteem and think they’re not good enough! I wonder how many of them are positions of Government, Power and Authority? [a subject for another blog maybe J]

The ONE thing I for sure is THAT NOT ONE of these 1.75 Billion people started out with the intention of becoming addicted or depressed. THEY LEARNED IT! And if you’ve learned something …..you can unlearn it!

You don’t need fixed because you’re NOT broken! Yes, you might be lost and confused, and I know you’re your own worst enemy... the most critical, judgmental person about YOU!!

I’ve been asked what qualifications I have to talk about this: and my answer is; I’ve tasted honey!

You can read and study about honey, you can do research on bees, you can sit exams and do a PhD on honey. BUT, if you have never tasted honey you don’t know what you’re talking about!

For the last 25 years I’ve been studying psychology, self development, attending courses and seminars and it’s been my experience that the good teachers ALL have tasted honey.

Your thoughts and feelings are real: unless you have an image of your place in the future, that is something you want. Unless you have reason, unless you have a clear picture of what you want. No matter what action you involve yourself in, it will not be joyful!

I encourage you, if it’s what you want, to release your addiction. To give thought to what it will be without it.

Such clear and vivid thought that you have emotional release about it.

And if you don’t want to release it, DON’T!

BUT don’t beat yourself up about it! There is NO reason to beat yourself up.

STOP disliking yourself!

STOP judging and criticising yourself!

STOP disallowing yourself to do!

When you are not liking yourself or approving of yourself, THEN YOU, no matter how much you want something will not let it happen!

You can NOT attract a life without addiction if you keep thinking you’re a no good failure.

Don’t be so hard on yourself!

Instead say: “I am where I am as a result of past thought, and past word, and past action. BUT right now I stand in a new place; I am thinking and speaking and doing different things, which will bring about a different future.”

Just imagine if you awoke one morning and ALL your old memories, BELIEFS and self-talk were not there! NONE of the negative thoughts, emotions or self destructive behaviours!

What would your life be like?

What would you do?

You would be free!

You would look in the mirror with eyes of wonderment and love for you and everything around you.

Just imagine changing your beliefs about you!

You’re NOT an addict and you don’t have an addictive nature.

You’re NOT this fat horrible person.

You’re not a drunk and you haven’t got a hangover.

You ARE a bloody miracle…Billions of cells all [or mostly] working together and you’re not even aware of them.

Your heart beats, your liver and kidneys cleanse, your lungs inhale and exhale the life giving air…. and you are NOT EVEN CONSCIOUS THAT IT IS YOU DOING IT!

As I said, “YOU ARE A BLOODY MIRACLE!” but you CHOOSE to be SO trapped in your mind [the brain is just more cells] you still believe what your Mum or Dad or whoever did to you or told you all those years ago.

We are NOW so lucky that we have access to knowledge and information that can help change how and what we believe about ourselves and our lives.

The downside is there is so much information available, where do you start if you’re doing this alone?

I would start with www.fasterEFT.com to help you start releasing the old memories. It's something I came across on UTube a few weeks ago.

"Addiction is defined as: the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma."

I think addiction should be used in its original form again. These addiction to shopping, gambling, etc etc are psychological problem but not an addiction. And addiction wasn't used for it a 20 years ago.

• Like 1

I'd be a little more convinced it you hadn't posted a link to a special reduced rate of only $1200 for the course.

Is that how much it is?! I was thinking of buying it!! Not now......BUT...

he has put a lot of free stuff on UTube....and if you register on his site he sends you a free

7 day course which gives you a good idea what it's all about

I'd be a little more convinced it you hadn't posted a link to a special reduced rate of only $1200 for the course.

Is that how much it is?! I was thinking of buying it!! Not now......BUT...

he has put a lot of free stuff on UTube....and if you register on his site he sends you a free

7 day course which gives you a good idea what it's all about

Sorry, your first post comes off as an advertisement and your second seems almost scripted.

Are you an alcoholic or addict? Has EFT "cured" you or anyone that you personally know?

A simple, straightforward answer would be appreciated.

Sorry you think it's either an advert OR scripted!

I can assure you it is ALL my own words and thoughts.

I have NOTHING to do with either EFT or FasterEFT......BUT I have found them to be useful tools

in my search for happiness and freedom from my addiction to both drinking and smoking.

Hope that's a simple enough answer for you?