Australian real estate agent, step-son killed in suspected arson attack in Ao Nang

webfact

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This forum is terrible for racism. Everyone is so critical and cynical of Thai people. If everyone else's country is so great, why are they living in Thailand?

Everyone?

Are you (and other) being paid to crucify all in here only because ONE gives a controversy statement?

going on the fact that there are more thais than non thais living in Thailand there is a very good chance that a thai done it. I hope they do catch the person/persons involved

While the statement might be true, in fact, it is the way it is said that is wrong. If you were in Detroit, I'd venture to guess he'd not say cowardly black scum and if he were in Israel, he'd not say cowardly Israeli scum.

I hope they find the cowardly Thai scum that pull this shit and execute them.

Assumptive racist buffoon. You are absolutely disgusting.

OK,

why don't we stick to the topic rather than attacking each other, what makes us better then the one we attack, really?

And, BTW, if you keep riding on it, let's call Oscar Wilde a racist, too, then, when he quoted;

"A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything, and the value of nothing."

...seeing that they were allowed with such facility to perpetrate such a heinous crime...it seems highly unlikely...

...these scum were organized....very organized....

OH! Did they say it was Thai...

Are you seriously going to suggest this wasn't a Thai?

Next you'll be claiming it was a suicide.

Listen up! I'm only stating, there was not a description of race, unless I missed it, was also wondering where you got your information, maybe, just maybe Farang's paid Thai's, to do this horrible thing, It just sounded like your being the judge and jury of who or whom bares the responsibility, without more information, unless I missed reading something, lighten up, cool your jets, communicate like a gentlemen, just answer the question, don't get all bent out of shape, from a sensible question...

• Like 1

If I could offer any foreigner living in Thailand some advice, the first thing I would advise is: keep your head down. Getting involved in real estate in Thailand is NOT keeping your head down. In the few years I've been here I've already seen a few foreigners murdered who were involved in real estate.

• Like 1

Listen up! I'm only stating, there was not a description of race, unless I missed it, was also wondering where you got your information, maybe, just maybe Farang's paid Thai's, to do this horrible thing, It just sounded like your being the judge and jury of who or whom bares the responsibility, without more information, unless I missed reading something, lighten up, cool your jets, communicate like a gentlemen, just answer the question, don't get all bent out of shape, from a sensible question...

ok, great, so in your hypothesis it's still Thai's that did it lol

Regardless, it's getting completely off-topic, so let's just let it lie.

Doubt it is Thai, probably a real estate deal gone bad. Of course speculation on my part but

time will tell. Police while they can be corrupted are pretty good at getting to the bottom of things.

Even if it is to know who to squeeze.

Being involved in real estate in Thailand without the protection of being employed by a large Thai company has proved statistically over the years to be a vocation that comes with high risks for Westerners.

Thus I dare to agree, I still like to see the proven statistics.

Without having any statistics on hand, however, but having gathered my own experiences, I'd like to extend this statement and say, the danger of being hacked in Thailand falls under any industry, not just Real Estate.

It's simply the over protective instinct of Thai, their general greed, envy and hate towards anything that is NOT Thai, etc. So I suggest, whatever you intend to do in Thailand, just watch your back and sides.

Now before you go and nail be down as a racist, too, read again.

This forum is terrible for racism. Everyone is so critical and cynical of Thai people. If everyone else's country is so great, why are they living in Thailand?

This is my opinion too. If you don't like here go home tomorrow, no-one Thai will cry for you a tear this pretty sure.

Many people are so clever here. Just take a look to the burnt house photo and can recognize this was a Thai culprit.

Is this forum for seers? I didn't know it.

How do you know they were Thai?

Did you pay someone to do it?

If you're trying to be funny, you failed badly.

Arson is a favorite tactic of Thai's, not heard of many instances of foreigners using it in all my time here.

you are making outrageous assumptions, you ought to wind your neck in.

Arson is a favorite tactic of Thai's, not heard of many instances of foreigners using it in all my time here.

Funny that most arson in thailand is commited by thais.

Ive been a firefighter in several major uk cities for 13 years and can assure you that arson is also commited by british citizens.

Total crap.

It is possible that this crime was perpetrated by other farang land and property speculators, but that`s only a possibility.

Many farang property speculators have been murdered in Thailand over the years, usually disputes over ownership, other farang business competitors or stepping on a Thais turf, many of these so-call real estate business owners using Thai names to front their businesses.

The whole lot is dodgy, like battles to become top dogs over prime business territories.

The golden rules for keeping safe and enjoying a peaceful life in Thailand, is to keep a low profile and do not get involved here.

As for your statement that arson is a favourite tactic of Thai's, please give us some details from reliable sources that this is indeed a fact?

Let's leave it to the B.I.B to declare this a suicide.

Foreigners tend to work things out 'Face to Face', while that is considered rude in Thai culture. Thus, if a Thai has a disagreement, they go behind one's back; arson, assination, etc.

Traditionally, foreigners have been left alone, but as they were dabbling in Thai realty, a competitor felt snubbed, so reacted in a customary manner.

Foreigners tend to work things out 'Face to Face', while that is considered rude in Thai culture. Thus, if a Thai has a disagreement, they go behind one's back; arson, assination, etc.

Traditionally, foreigners have been left alone, but as they were dabbling in Thai realty, a competitor felt snubbed, so reacted in a customary manner.

So in fact foreigners, guessing you mean, Westerners, never do the dirty or do nasty things behind peoples backs, they always act with integrity and honour and will always air their grievances head on, face to face. But the sneaky cowardly Thais will not be so open and try to catch people off guard when they least expect it. This is amazing, we learn something new everyday.

And as for your statement that Thais are potential assassins, how would you know? You can`t even spell the word, or do you actually mean, someone that does things ass about face, rather than, face to face? An assination?

• Like 1

This is my opinion too. If you don't like here go home tomorrow, no-one Thai will cry for you a tear this pretty sure.

Many people are so clever here. Just take a look to the burnt house photo and can recognize this was a Thai culprit.

Is this forum for seers? I didn't know it.

This is posted by a 28yr old who lives in the Argentine and has been a member of TV for the whole of two months. Yet has still acquired the experience to tell long time ex-pats to go home.

• Like 2

Horrible. Why was he face down in bed? Died from smoke?

Have often wondered about burglar bars on windows.

BY the bed, not IN bed - people who can actually read are clearly in advantage in any forum...

Most definitly cat weazle, extremely important to the story that me know he near the sofa, not on it.

RIP to the victims, fast and thorough recovery to the surviving wife and the strength required to get through this ordeal and the aftermath. I believe no one here can't even fathom what she is and will be going through, not only being burned by 60%, but having lost son, husband and home...

I hope that the spineless coward(s) who did this will be caught right away and be sentenced to face the firing squad.

Whatever the motivation was for this, perhaps a fraud, or personal brawl, or whatever, nothing would justify such a horrific deed.

For the racists (can't find another word) who suspected "Thai" people to be the culprits right away: You are so low that you actually must be a snail or cockroach and I wonder how you managed to type...

Lets wait and see if the "racists" suspicions are correct , so you dont get egg on your face.