Bangkok Immigration opens temporary office: Announcement

Thai Immigration Bureau Announcement

TEMPORARY RE-LOCATION UNTIL CHIANG WATTANA IMMIGRATION CAN OPEN AGAIN

BANGKOK: -- For the convenience of foreigners coming [to] apply [for] Immigration services
at Government Complex Center Chaeng Wattana Rd:

We would like to inform that we would encourage [you] to visit our offices at:
Imperial World Ladprao, 5th Floor (same office as Immigration Service Center for 3 National Legalized Labors) Ladprao Rd.,
Map: http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/Eng.imperial.jpg

for more information, call 1111

Source: Immigration Bureau 2013-12-01

• Like 1

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Announcement

For the convenience of foreigners coming to apply Immigration services
at Government Complex Center, Chaeng Wattana Rd.,
We would like to inform that we would encourage to visit our offices at
Imperial World Ladprao, 5th Floor (Immigration Service Center for 3 National Legalized Labors) Ladprao Rd.

For more information, call 1111
Click here to view a map (Service time Mon-Fri 10:30 - 18:30 Closed on OFFICIAL HOLIDAYS)

Source: http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/popup_anounce.html

Note the opening times are from 10:30 to 18:30!!!

I will send in my 90 day reporting by mail in a week or so. I plan to send it to the usual address at the Division 1 office at the goverment complex. Anyone see a problem with this that has solid information? Thanks.

Is it near MRT? If not, will taxi drivers know where it is. Map is not much use to me, as I've only been to that area once or twice. If anyone has some directions to get there by MRT, foot, taxi, that would be great.

Googlemaps.com

• Like 1

I applied 2 weeks ago at Chaeng Wattana for conversion of 30-day visa waiver on entry to non-immigrant O 90-day visa. I was told to return for the "Decision" on Monday, 02 December (tomorrow). I really need to do this, so does anyone think they will give me the decision (and hopefully a visa stamp in my passport) if I show up at this temporary office tomorrow? I guess I shall have to give it a try anyway, or my waiver will expire and I will have to leave.

Is it near MRT? If not, will taxi drivers know where it is. Map is not much use to me, as I've only been to that area once or twice. If anyone has some directions to get there by MRT, foot, taxi, that would be great.

Taxi drivers all know Imperial Latphrao (& Big C) very well as it is an established landmark on Latphrao. You'll be fine. You can MRT it to Latphrao station and then take a taxi east along Latphrao.

Good, but is Chang Wattanna still open?

Cannot see a temp. office being able to handle the numbers.

Is this an extra or an only? Gotta go this week so would like to know, please.

Thanks

The way the announcement of the Immigration office is worded I take it to be an extra, with the Chaeng Watthana office still open and staffed unless, of course, unruly mobs block all access to it also for the immigration officers or ransack it or burn it down. Stay tuned to this forum and to https://twitter.com/georgebkk (no Twitter account or login needed) for latest information.

The OP does state "TEMPORARY RE-LOCATION UNTIL CHIANG WATTANA IMMIGRATION CAN OPEN AGAIN" - although I suspect that this actually means "TEMPORARY RE-LOCATION UNTIL CHIANG WATTANA IMMIGRATION CAN RESUME NORMAL SERVICE" (in other words, it is still open after a fashion).

Anyway, we must all have our fingers firmly crossed that the unruly mobs don't descend en masse to the alternative location.

I kinda hope everybody takes this as Imperial is the way to go and there will be less crowds at Chaeng Watthana than usual. Every year its a tiring full day trip with 5 hours wait to apply for visa extension.. and now with mob outside i would probably have to plan sleepover right there. Visa extension is my most hated day of the year.. just thinking about the ridiculous 'fresh' pics we have to bring every year, with all family member must be in the pic and housenumber in the back, second on the sofa inside

Interesting news, and looking for confirmation I found it here:

...The news conference was held at the red-shirt movement's office at the Imperial World department store's Lat Phrao branch...

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Red-shirts-want-foreign-observers-at-leaders-trial-30145794.html

Interesting news, and looking for confirmation I found it here:

...The news conference was held at the red-shirt movement's office at the Imperial World department store's Lat Phrao branch...

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Red-shirts-want-foreign-observers-at-leaders-trial-30145794.html

I was going to post this, but you guys beat me to it.

I live right behind Imperial Lad Prao. It is my normal go-to shopping center and Big C.

I can absolutely confirm as above. I've never been into the immigration office there since it is quite new and primarily for the three neighboring Asian countries, but the rest of the fifth floor is indeed Red HQ, and it is kinda creepy. Definitely do not wear a yellow shirt or any other "colors" if you are coming here.

On a brighter note- if you want a good cup of coffee served by cute girls, go to the coffee bar on the second floor that is closest to the "rock climbing" tower that reaches up from the ground floor mezzanine.

And as mentioned, Lad Prao MRT is the nearest station. About 5 clicks from the station to Imperial Lad Prao. Tell the cab driver "Big C Lad Prao". They all know it as that. Don't use Imperial World. They won't understand unless you use the Thai phonetic "Imperion Lad Prao".

• Like 1