Portrait photo contributions for the TV calendar

Tywais

Last year I had a great portrait photo from Angiud that fit in perfectly as the cover page. Since I've restricted the main contribution to landscape I thought that I would see portrait contributions in its own topic.

Prefer images that are not too 'busy', that is minimal distractions in it and more even muted/warm color distributions. This allows easier placement of the front cover text and graphics. Here is last year's (2013) cover as an example.

post-566-0-79124500-1385894332_thumb.jpg

^ facepalm.gif oh no! more work! facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

But I think you need to explain "Portrait and Landscape orientation" !!.... Tywais ... biggrin.png... Unless PJ is having us on!!!! whistling.giftongue.png

See my sample in the OP. whistling.gif Taller than wide. One on the left is what is needed in this topic.

portraitversuslandscape.png

//edit - forgot to add, it is the orientation of the photo not the subject matter.wink.png

• Like 2

Just so I am clear, this is a portrait orientated photo competition, not a portrait photo competition. Meaning you will accept landscapes, among other things in the entries.

It may be the first the first time a landscape wins a portrait competition, as long as it is a landscape in portrait stance. and definitely not a portrait in landscape stance.