Farang, go home!

Mapguy

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She probably hates foreigners because she reads Thaivisa.

Or maybe just your posts

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

with your kind of post, im starting to hate farangs too.

I seriously just want to give up on white people sometimes, but then i realize not all of you are bad.

Edited by KRS1
  • Like 1

i haven't seen this many post to a subject since "where's the best pizza" thread! this topic has hit a nerve with the chiang mai farangs. i believe many people have felt this way and now have the chance to express their feelings on this subject. time to check out new horizons. new money.. new honey. let the new influx of asians spoil them for the next 20 years. who else would gladly spent 20,000 baht in a karaoke bar. yeah, the same bars that won't let round eye farangs in!

'we gotta fet outta this place' eric burden and the animals

I'm wondering if some of the educated middle class Thais might remember better than others how their currency (and country) got royally forked over by Western banksters back in the dark days of '97.

Sent from my SM-T211 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have to wonder if they remember they got it because they had a lot of money loaned out but no real collateral to back it up, a sure recipe for failure.

Or maybe just your posts

I seriously just want to give up on white people sometimes, but then i realize not all of you are bad.

Yeah - a bit below the belt I suppose - sorry! But did you not expect anyone to respond to your (all too boring ) one liner or maybe you thought you'd get lots of Likes from all the apologists. Did you read my earlier post on this thread? Obviously not. Just jump right in with both feet

And who says I'm white - gypo I is

Edited by Commander Tamson

Thailand has a long and storied tradition of blaming something, anything else for her problems. Farangs can be happy they are neither Cambodians and Burmese who get the brunt of it.

It solves the need to think about these things because as we know, thinking a lot causes headaches biggrin.png

Or maybe just your posts

As I'm sure you lot aren't, whatever you are :P

Maybe one day we all will.. Every single one of us, the companies, investors and all the rest and the Thais can get back to ripping each other off.

They will not be ablke to rip each other off as there will be NO MONEY

Or maybe just your posts

I think this post just kidding, don't serious.

Of course! But some people have no sense of humour

KRS1 writes mainly on the bike forum. Would she hate all foreigners based on what he posts there? - mmm well maybe

Edited by Commander Tamson

Racism and education are not contradiction. Modern German anti-semitism came to prominence in 1870s when Professors at Berlin were worried about heir careers and singled out "Jews", the eternal alien as they put it, as a danger for German culture etc. They could not attack the liberal intelligentsia on academic merits so the conservatives invented a new front.

Racism among academics is more common than many might expect. Positions are limited and competition is bad. Nationalism and racism offer categories to get rid of unwanted competitors.

In other words, while the commong people working on the rice might demonstrate a measure of ignorance and perhaps even prejudice, it is often the so-called intellectuals who are the real mad dogs. No need to assume that such people stand for anybody else other than their own aspirations (plus those of some their peers).

I can well imagine that some Thai academics wish that foreign academics might disappear. If this lady does exist it must be a daily torture seeing herself exposed for incompetence by her foreign colleagues performance.

Societies aren't monolithic. I feel that's self evident. They are made up of a variety of strata, all with different beliefs....and all in flux.

I don't like certain people from certain ethnic backgrounds until i meet them. It's easy to hate from a distance...i feel anyway.

M.

On the way back from the Agriculture Show at Mae JO University, I told my wife about what I read here. I could barely finish telling here before she bombarded me with comments like: they could buy properties in the US; foreigners pay for the things they get, like rice, etc.

To lighten up things a bit, I told my wife that this lecturer said:

- you eat our "lice"

- you drink our "liver" water.

My wife laughed like hell! Well, now you know why we've been married for decades since we were 17!

• Like 2

I'm wondering if some of the educated middle class Thais might remember better than others how their currency (and country) got royally forked over by Western banksters back in the dark days of '97.

I also wonder if they remember thinking that pegging the Baht to the Dollar encouraged the kind of speculative behaviour that caused the crash in the first place. People like Soros just picked some nice bits of meat off that were left on the bone.

Puh-leeze! Soros and his bankster cohorts made billions shorting the baht, somewhat more than "some nice bits of meat." They were willing and able to invest as much as necessary in order to be successful, and of course they knew the Thai government, in trying to support the baht, would run out of money sooner or later. He did something similar with the pound, I believe, and will do it to the dollar when the time is right.

Soros sure took Thailand to the cleaners to the tune of Billions,and did the same to the UK,Currency speculaters of this magnitude,should all end up like Jessie Livermore in the 30s early 40s!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Lauriston_Livermore

Making a little on currency conversion is acceptable, manipulating the market as these scum do, and all but Bankrupt,a Country,carries no sympathy from me,when their greedy scheming goes down the tubes,a fitting end! IMO.

Edited by MAJIC

I also wonder if they remember thinking that pegging the Baht to the Dollar encouraged the kind of speculative behaviour that caused the crash in the first place. People like Soros just picked some nice bits of meat off that were left on the bone.

Puh-leeze! Soros and his bankster cohorts made billions shorting the baht, somewhat more than "some nice bits of meat." They were willing and able to invest as much as necessary in order to be successful, and of course they knew the Thai government, in trying to support the baht, would run out of money sooner or later. He did something similar with the pound, I believe, and will do it to the dollar when the time is right.

Soros sure took Thailand to the cleaners to the tune of Billions,and did the same to the UK,Currency speculaters of this magnitude,should all end up like Jessie Livermore in the 30s early 40s!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Lauriston_Livermore

Making a little on currency conversion is acceptable, manipulating the market as these scum do, and all but Bankrupt,a Country,carries no sympathy from me,when their greedy scheming goes down the tubes,a fitting end! IMO.

Hey thanks MAJIC!

Soros? reminds me of that scene in one of Hemingway's Spanish Civil War novels, don't remember which one, where the townspeople made the fascists run the gauntlet so they could give them one last smash in the side of the head before throwing them over the cliff into the river. Good medicine for George, although of course I'm not advocating violence. :-)

One hilarious thing about him is he's managed to convince countless clueless liberals that he's one of them, while being a sociopathic fascist through and through.

• Like 1

Have we actually established the veracity of this whacky tale yet?

Yes, we have done our duediligence; would be crazy to publish something like this without doing so. It is ugly, but is one woman's attitude, hence our agreement with the university in question to later remove their name from the article. The reason we decided to publish it is that she is in fact a head of department and has influence upon the young. She also posted this on a very public forum and we believe it is a topic which is relevant to our times. Her comments have also sparked huge debate amongst her Thai students.

Pim Kemasingki (publisher of CityNews)

• Like 2

Yes, we have done our duediligence; would be crazy to publish something like this without doing so. It is ugly, but is one woman's attitude, hence our agreement with the university in question to later remove their name from the article. The reason we decided to publish it is that she is in fact a head of department and has influence upon the young. She also posted this on a very public forum and we believe it is a topic which is relevant to our times. Her comments have also sparked huge debate amongst her Thai students.

Thank you for publishing it and confirming that the story has been checked out..

The woman in question has a perfect right to say and think what she wants but the fact that she is a head of department in a university makes one wonder how she influences the students and teachers in her department. At least the university can see that her actions are not very good public relations. As long as these things are made public, in my opinion, slowly things will change. The fact that there is a huge debate amungst her Thai students is a positive sign.

The irony is that many of us farang expats living a good life in Chiang Mai are very happy to escape the political correctness from our home countries but the price we have to pay is having to accept this woman's right to post her attitude on a public forum.

• Like 1

And the result of this huge debate amongst her Thai students would be?