Farang, go home!

Mapguy

you really think that the general Thai populace actually think any different to her? After being here for a long time, it is blatantly obvious that we are not welcome here, we are tolerated because we pay, we are just as unwelcome as foreigners are in our home countries... You will meet individuals that dont fit the mould certainly, but to Thais as a "collective" we are not welcome but our money is, perpetual paying guests, that is all we are and all we will ever be.

The sooner you accept that fact the better.

That's not my experience. However, I observe foreigners who inhabit the lower echelons of society by marrying uneducated poor women or even sex workers and their experiences are very different to mine.

I pay my way but nobody asks me for money. I can't think of the last time I knowingly paid a different price for something in Chiang Mai. I visited the zoo a few weeks ago and there is 2-tier pricing for foreign tourists. The girl behind the counter saw my wife and children and without asking charged me the same as a local.

I'm sure there are Thais that don't like me simply because I'm a foreigner. This would be no different to the attitudes of many people in my home country towards foreigners as well. I don't assume the attitudes of a few bigots represent the general feeling of most Thais.

I don't know why Mapguy bothered posting this at 3:00 (most likely after a few), only to stir up controversy as he always does, I'm sure.

Slander! Our Mapguy in his cups at 3am...Never!!!

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most universities are preparing for the entrance into the ASEAN community and the International language is........

I wonder what this lady is doing about it and what her Principal would say?

I feel she has experienced just the tip of the (future) iceberg.

Happy Sailing!

you really think that the general Thai populace actually think any different to her? After being here for a long time, it is blatantly obvious that we are not welcome here, we are tolerated because we pay, we are just as unwelcome as foreigners are in our home countries... You will meet individuals that dont fit the mould certainly, but to Thais as a "collective" we are not welcome but our money is, perpetual paying guests, that is all we are and all we will ever be.

Yes one can sense this in some people but I for one do not feel the genuine Thai person who meets the genuine Foreign person would echo these sentiments.

We or rather they (Thais) have welcomed foreigners over the years - to paricipate in development of their country, I wonder if she includes the Japanese in her tirade - they (the Thais) welcomed Japan (capitulated) who raped and pillaged until thay were driven out - not by the Thais but by the ugly foreigners?

With people such as this possibly coming to power it goes part way to explaing the current political situation (they can't even organise a peaceful uprising) and it could also explain why the other members of the ASEAN movement are streaking ahead in development and subsequently properity.

If the writer gets into power lets hope when she votes to send all the demon foreigners home but she also withdraws all Thai students and workers from those bad overseas countries whilst at the same time returning any ai$$d to those bad foreign countries and stops exporting Thai products to those once again bad foreign countries.

She may well be attending a university for a Phd (here the emphasis is on attending) I think it is fair to assume that she or her family have wealth and are paying her way - the standard of her communication does not and could not possibly reflect that she has qualified as a genuine degree holder nor an MBA - so here we have a good example of Thai education (no attend, no fail) mummy & or daddy will pay.

Wish her all the best "poor soul that she appears to be" lets hope she doesnt visit one of those demon overseas countries that she refers to or if she does she takes her own food and water with her dressed of course as Thais did before they were influenced by those bad foreigners.

• Like 1

"I don't assume the attitudes of a few bigots represent the general feeling of most Thais." Agreed and thank you Loaded.

It is not an article worthy of discussion and have to wonder why it is posted except as a troll.

Exactly!

Well said!

• Like 1

"I don't assume the attitudes of a few bigots represent the general feeling of most Thais." Agreed and thank you Loaded.

It is not an article worthy of discussion and have to wonder why it is posted except as a troll.

"She is currently just finishing up her PhD, according to Chisholm, and is highly respected at the university."

Presumably we are told this to give this imaginary lecturer some credentials and to leave us in a state of awe. "Highly respected at the university" is a meaningless statement that he would be in no position to determine even if the character existed. Reading through her comments it seems the writer is trying to produce pidgin English in a supposed Thai way of speaking.

The fact that Chisholm rushed to publicize the supposed comments of a dear friend suggests that he has an agenda and the fact that she can't be named suggests she may be a manufactured personality. Either that or she is someone he has personally offended and she's having a go at him. I can post comments online claiming to be just about anyone and, like most of us on Thai Visa, feel protected from any repercussions because of the anonymity.

Of course this all fits in quite nicely with the "they all hate us" paranoids on Thai Visa ... a little too conveniently.

As others have suggested it seems to be the work of one or more trolls and is really plumbing new depths here at TV. Given what's happening in the country now, this seems an especially bad time to be abetting those wishing to stir up more animosity.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

I admire this teacher for being the dumbest, most ignorant one I have ever heard of.

I truly feel for the students s/he teaches as they are poisoned by this individual with this -I am retarded and I refuse to grow up- mentality.

Don't really care about one persons opinion.

I am still being worshipped like a god by most thai people while I am essentially a glorified sex tourist. I am living a wealthy decadent lifestyle that is being financed by tax money and one opinion is not going to change that. Thank god for imperialism. Had it not been for imperialism I would be working in a noisy old factory for 15.000 baht per month. Now I am enjoying the life whilst posting endless rants on TV and most thai people still bow down for me. If only they knew.

• Like 1

Anyway, if this woman does actually exist and has the influence everybody claims. This guy will end up in the same place that consulate from Australia in Phuket. There is no way you can shame somebody like this in Thailand regardless of what she may or may not have said and expect to hold your job at the university.

That's not my experience. However, I observe foreigners who inhabit the lower echelons of society by marrying uneducated poor women or even sex workers and their experiences are very different to mine.

I pay my way but nobody asks me for money. I can't think of the last time I knowingly paid a different price for something in Chiang Mai. I visited the zoo a few weeks ago and there is 2-tier pricing for foreign tourists. The girl behind the counter saw my wife and children and without asking charged me the same as a local.

I'm sure there are Thais that don't like me simply because I'm a foreigner. This would be no different to the attitudes of many people in my home country towards foreigners as well. I don't assume the attitudes of a few bigots represent the general feeling of most Thais.

Clearly, they tell you what they think you want to hear.

Don't really care about one persons opinion. I am still being worshipped like a god by most thai people while I am essentially a glorified sex tourist. I am living a wealthy decadent lifestyle that is being financed by tax money and one opinion is not going to change that. Thank god for imperialism. Had it not been for imperialism I would be working in a noisy old factory for 15.000 baht per month. Now I am enjoying the life whilst posting endless rants on TV and most thai people still bow down for me. If only they knew.

Don't mistake the bowing down for respect, they are just seeing if your shoes are worth stealing.

"She is currently just finishing up her PhD, according to Chisholm, and is highly respected at the university."

Presumably we are told this to give this imaginary lecturer some credentials and to leave us in a state of awe. "Highly respected at the university" is a meaningless statement that he would be in no position to determine even if the character existed. Reading through her comments it seems the writer is trying to produce pidgin English in a supposed Thai way of speaking.

The fact that Chisholm rushed to publicize the supposed comments of a dear friend suggests that he has an agenda and the fact that she can't be named suggests she may be a manufactured personality. Either that or she is someone he has personally offended and she's having a go at him. I can post comments online claiming to be just about anyone and, like most of us on Thai Visa, feel protected from any repercussions because of the anonymity.

Of course this all fits in quite nicely with the "they all hate us" paranoids on Thai Visa ... a little too conveniently.

As others have suggested it seems to be the work of one or more trolls and is really plumbing new depths here at TV. Given what's happening in the country now, this seems an especially bad time to be abetting those wishing to stir up more animosity.

Just 'cuz you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you. Ditto to you, JohnThompson.

That Irish guy may well find himself in trouble. Chiang Mai university lecturers have a bad reputation and are untouchable.

About as much stereotyping in that statement as from the OP. Nice to know I'm 'untouchable' though. smile.png

I thought that was down to the "tv admin" status wink.png

• Like 1

For an educated Lady, she is excellent at stupid talking. She shows a total lack of knowledge or common sense when it comes to economics, business, finance, or even world politics and history.

She believes that Thailand would be better off if all farang just left. Yet her government does not believe so. And every other striving nation is fighting to get farang and the $. Take a look at her Asian countries policies for foreign investment .... not too many looking to get rid of the farang.

Best she keep to Bio Tech-ing! rolleyes.gif

Clearly there are two levels of tossers involved with this post:

1. The OP who may well be trolling or "pissed" and trying to get a bite from TV members (he has suceeded there)- a wantabie who has no friends no life but is a champion at pocket billiards.

2. This is the worrying group - it's US the suckers that read and respond to the OP's tripe, lets put him to bed and treat him like the ignoramus he is and he can go back to fantasising about the potential Ph.D. aspirant he so obviously wants to co-habitate with.

I would say they do care about foreigners and anywhere you have lines say at the local food stall this is why Thai's believe they should always be served first. There are people who will simply push in front of foreigners in line because they because foreigners are second class citizens and deserve to be treated as such. It's attitudes like this lecturers that reenforce these notions.

All of this eminates from such Party slogans as Thai love "rak" Thai etc etc.

If this is what she told Chisholm, imagine how she is indoctrinating students.

I am living in the same place for more than 12 years now and always had good contacts with my neighbors.

Many times my neighbor his "pickup" refused to start in the morning and the first thing he knew was "ask the fahrang (free) help".

He has start cables and all equipment to fix anything.

Last year, like every weekend, I was having a drink with the neighbors.

I asked him very polite if he would agree to go to Thetsabaan with me for me Yellow housebook.

His answer was: "I will do that never for a fahrang".

That was the end of the "good" fahrang".

A few days later his "pickup" refused to start again.

He called at my door and I gave him the phone number from the car dealer.

Thais are the worst racists I have seen and anybody who says otherwise will have a good ride when he wakes up.

Clearly, they tell you what they think you want to hear.

"Clearly, they tell you what they think you want to hear."

And you alone are able to see through this sophisticated charade.

Most people in Thailand and back in your home country will be civil and polite towards any randomly selected person they deal with on a day to day basis. If it's part of their job they might even smile or make petty compliments to keep you happy. It's what we all do on the assumption it's what the other person wants to hear ... in order to sell something to him/her or to keep the peace or not to make waves or maybe because we're looking for new friends. It's not some deep conspiracy.

Most of the people who make nice-nice to you in your home country or in Thailand don't really care about you one way or the other and once you're not standing in front them, they'll probably completely forget you.

Of course for some people it's quite convenient to find some scapegoats to blame for all one's problems and for them all people of a certain race or nationality or sexual orientation or religion are to be despised. Undoubtedly some people in Thailand are in that camp, but during times of violent demonstrations, if anti-foreigner views were so commonly held, it would be very easy for foreigners to be secondary targets of the political violence. That doesn't happen. For the most part in these open confrontations foreigners are ignored and sometimes even offered assistance in avoiding violence.

Thais don't care either way. As long as they get to eat and watch their soaps they are happy. In 20 years I have never heard a Thai use the 'go home' line. They know which side their read is buttered. Foreigners drop Thailand and it becomes North Korea. Idiots like this alleged University Lecturer obviously haven't thought that far ahead.

Education does not mean common sense/intelligence, just the ability to absorb knowledge and pass exams. This 'lecturer' cannot possibly have the ability to realize how unimportant Thailand is in the eye's of the world. I live here, it is my home (until some xenophobic pri*k kicks me out). I know I am a second/third class citizen, I mind my own business, I keep my temper. I have come to the conclusion that the Thai's as a whole do not have the ability to plan properly for the long term , only for short term visible gain and 'Face (farce). There are many exceptions who have risen above this level , but they are a very small minority of the whole. Until this country evolves from it's 'feudal' organization and becomes properly democratic it is my sad belief that the country that I love and live in will eventually fly around in ever decreasing circles and disappear up it's own orifice and become an official 'Failed State'

She may well be attending a university for a Phd (here the emphasis is on attending) I think it is fair to assume that she or her family have wealth and are paying her way - the standard of her communication does not and could not possibly reflect that she has qualified as a genuine degree holder nor an MBA - so here we have a good example of Thai education (no attend, no fail) mummy & or daddy will pay.

Not at MaeJo.

It's a very lo-so place, more a tech college for poor farmers kids to attend.

Was speaking to a bar girl just starting her second year of 'English and Tourism'

She couldn't speak 1 word of English, that's MaeJo for you.

No mature students at MaeJo either, no enrolment for people older than 30.

PS

Don't forget the big Agriculture fair starts at MaeJo tomorrow (4-10 Dec) and runs over the weekend.

Edited by FiftyTwo

Thais don't care either way. As long as they get to eat and watch their soaps they are happy. In 20 years I have never heard a Thai use the 'go home' line. They know which side their read is buttered. Foreigners drop Thailand and it becomes North Korea. Idiots like this alleged University Lecturer obviously haven't thought that far ahead.

20 years in Thailand and I have heard so many time ... go back to your country ..... my response will always be the same .... I will go back to my country when all Thais abroad will come back in Thailand as well .... if my country can accept Thais , then Thailand should do the same with foreigners .... but overall never had to face anyone nasty with their comments.. I live in harmony with everybody ...and intend to continue in that way .

• Like 1