Issan girls good or bad

RandomSand

I have to say that i have been with my Issan girl for 5 year's now,4 as the GF and 1 as my legal wife.We live in her house,which is a nice bungalow type residence.i speak an understandable Thai,she speaks English good enough for us to have good conversation's.She has never asked me to take care of her family,in fact when we married,she was the one that said "give them nothing,they did nothing for me when i was growing up(she was adopted by her mother's sister when her parent's died)in fact,sometimes i wasn't even fed" After a year together,we opened a bar,that was quite successful.She was a dutiful and honest partner,i did the book's every day(i had a business in the UK for 30 year's)and if she was stealing from me,i couldn't spot it,and i'm no slouch when it comes to money.She soon learned the ropes and we enjoyed it until a certain type of tourist hit the street's,but i wont go into that.We had good regular's and a steady income.She had worked in company's before(she's 45 now)Like Adidas and The Chang beer company,then she was a head chambermaid in a Hotel in Khon kaen,The Pullman.She saved a few quid and has never played card's or done drug's,she doesn't even drink or smoke. The stipulation she made when we opened was that she would only employ Issan girls.And the ones we had over the years were great,there wasn't one i didn't get on with.She even bought me a car as a welcome present when i came back from the UK to Khon Kaen.Ok!its not new,it's 10 years old,but it drives well,there's no visible scar's and we've driven it down to Pattaya with no trouble. the ting is,she bought it for me,what does that say?She is a kind woman,even to our 3 month old Red Poodle,and you know how cruel Thais can be to pet's.I think the secret is,that you have to accept them as they are and for what they are.We ask no question's of each other and put no condition's on each other.She is a quiet women and i try to be a quiet man.I never lose my temper,cos that loses you ,at once the discussion. Her sister's live next door each side,they are no trouble,never ask for anything.

So,what about Issan girl's? well,if mines an example of them,i think Ive done just fine and i think i will stick with her,as long as she will have me.

KKD

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know of many car-crash relationships, sometimes caused by the falang and sometime caused by 'ting tong' Issan wives/GFs. The key for avoiding this is to undertake 'due diligence' - take your time and get to know the girl and her family before you go charging in scattering your cash. My missus is a teacher and her family are 'jai dee'...don't drink, smoke or gamble - hard working and respectable.

I know of many car-crash relationships, sometimes caused by the falang and sometime caused by 'ting tong' Issan wives/GFs. The key for avoiding this is to undertake 'due diligence' - take your time and get to know the girl and her family before you go charging in scattering your cash. My missus is a teacher and her family are 'jai dee'...don't drink, smoke or gamble - hard working and respectable.

Agree, but also worth noting that teachers/nurses/Government workers are no guarantee to be any more genuine/honest than any other Isaan folk IMO!

Be a better idea if some of you new a more ethnic type of Issan Lady. You keep getting Lao imegrant a mixed up with them.Tey are lighter skinned and sharper features, not Mi me Jamook like Lao Ladies. It was pointed out to me years ago at the Candle Festival,about the only time one sees IssanLadies in mass ,they are outnumbered these days

I understand that someone who has been "worked " by a bar girl, in the farang tourist areas of south Thailand, think Isaan girls are bad if the only Isaan girls they have met are bar girls in the tourist areas.

It's true that most bar girls are from Isaan Thailand.

But, those who know Isaan Thailand know that most Isaan girls are not bar girls!

Most people in Isaan ( not just the girls ) are good, honest, hard working people.

I am pleased to know many as friends and family.

Mos girls here are very shy and modest.

My beautiful Isaan wife had never even kissed a man when we first met, and she was in her mid thirties at the time.

She had a good job, owned several farms and a nice home.

She was not after my money.

Now, if you had a bad experience in San Francisco , California,with a prostitute, drug addicted, thief from Los Angeles, California,would you assume all girls from Southern California were bad girls?

Enough said??

Good statement in your post and by the population numbers I think is correct

"It's true that most bar girls are from Isaan Thailand.

But, those who know Isaan Thailand know that most Isaan girls are not bar girls!"

This subject got me thinking about the people I know who lost their house, to a Thai lady. Take it for what it's worth (nothing), but of the four people I know who lost their house, only one was to a bar girl.

Or the person who got assassinated by his 'Isaan girl' in Ban Phai. She was an internet sweetheart !

Good girls, bad girls they are all about. In my opinion however from what I have seen over the last 15 years.

The most likely to be scammed are the weak men, and those type cannot hold a decent relationship in the east or west.

Rule no 1 . You cant buy love

Rule no 2. If you do it will end in tears.

Many Thai woman have not had any relationship with a man or woman by their thirties. Most of these however if they have a decent job and assets, by the time they have reached their thirties, have decided to stay single, they don't want to share their wealth.

Many Thai woman have not had any relationship with a man or woman by their thirties. Most of these however if they have a decent job and assets, by the time they have reached their thirties, have decided to stay single, they don't want to share their wealth.

I know one like that. She bought a new house on the government employee scheme and a new pickup on the new car scheme. She has a good job and she's never broke. No way would any of the Isaan men in her village interest her. However, she could be interested in a farang if the situation arose.

BTW, she appears to me to be a fairly safe way to marry. She has a house and car payment and if a farang moved into that all he'd need to risk is helping to make the payments and increase the lifestyle. Just a thought...

I know one like that. She bought a new house on the government employee scheme and a new pickup on the new car scheme. She has a good job and she's never broke. No way would any of the Isaan men in her village interest her. However, she could be interested in a farang if the situation arose.

BTW, she appears to me to be a fairly safe way to marry. She has a house and car payment and if a farang moved into that all he'd need to risk is helping to make the payments and increase the lifestyle. Just a thought...

If she bought the house and car on these schemes, it will take a hell of a lot of working years to pay these off.

I don't buy this "Isaan men her village won't interest her'. Why not ? Because then she would have to pay the loans off herself.

She would entertain a farang, probably off a dating site, and if they were to get together, she would expect him to pay a large chunk, if not all, of the remaining debt.

You say she is not broke, do you think she would divulge to you, or anyone, if she was struggling to make end meet ?

Never, it is called 'losing face'

If all someone needs to risk is helping her to make the payments, why specify a farang ?

She has a good job and is not broke, so why does she need help with the payments anyway ?

I know a school teacher, a few years older, around 50, who built a nice million baht plus house, with saved money, no loan. She was nice looking at 50, so I imagine quite presentable at an earlier age, but she was content to support herself and live on her own. Any Thai men in my village that have any means at all are married. There are a few single women around, and if they want a relationship, they end up as a mia noi, only instead of being supported by the man, they quite often give the man money. Policemen seem to be the favorite partners, they all have their own families and it seems lake money from the single, mostly widowed, ladies, or ladies that fool around. If the money stops, the policeman moves on. At least that seems to be the case in my village.

I know a school teacher, a few years older, around 50, who built a nice million baht plus house, with saved money, no loan. She was nice looking at 50, so I imagine quite presentable at an earlier age, but she was content to support herself and live on her own. Any Thai men in my village that have any means at all are married. There are a few single women around, and if they want a relationship, they end up as a mia noi, only instead of being supported by the man, they quite often give the man money. Policemen seem to be the favorite partners, they all have their own families and it seems lake money from the single, mostly widowed, ladies, or ladies that fool around. If the money stops, the policeman moves on. At least that seems to be the case in my village.

Sad way to live, in my opinion, but it is their life.

Everyone to their own.

If she bought the house and car on these schemes, it will take a hell of a lot of working years to pay these off.

I don't buy this "Isaan men her village won't interest her'. Why not ? Because then she would have to pay the loans off herself.

She would entertain a farang, probably off a dating site, and if they were to get together, she would expect him to pay a large chunk, if not all, of the remaining debt.

You say she is not broke, do you think she would divulge to you, or anyone, if she was struggling to make end meet ?

If all someone needs to risk is helping her to make the payments, why specify a farang ?

She has a good job and is not broke, so why does she need help with the payments anyway ?

I really don't understand that you imply that the lady in question would expect a potential "Farang" to "pay a large chunk, if not all of the remaining debts?"

A lot of them dream of their foreign prince and if a not too bad looking guy would catch her eye, they could end up in a nice and romantic relationship?

And if the woman is working for the government, the "imaginary foreigner" could maybe get a free health insurance as well.

If such a relationship lasts long is unforeseeable, but maybe worth a try. Never isn't a stupid guy and I think he must have had his reasons to write the post.

BTW, there's nothing wrong if a foreigner would help to pay the debts back, if they have a functioning relationship, living in a brand new house and driving a new car.

It sounds like the story of snow-white and who knows, she might be a real jewel?

"You don't know nothing until you know." biggrin.png

And to answer the OP. There are good and bad girls everywhere on this planet.

Anyone have any Idea what the divorce rate is between Issan women and falang?

Mine is 100%! LOL

Yours is 100 % devoted? thumbsup.gif

ACTually , most of the old senile farang farts , are quite happy in Isaan .

I should know kap.wai2.gif

I understand your comments. The Isaan men in her village are uneducated and don't interest here as people. They don't have the drive she has.

I know she isn't broke because she often buys something for her school and most recently a really good ping pong table and supplies. She also continues to landscape her new home. Most recently she put in a concrete pond. She has been buying furniture for her home. She has some kind of an administrative job and a master's degree and earns more than most Thais in a school.

She's a really nice and "for real" gal and I don't think she'd put financial heat on a farang if he had limited means. If he could just bring in another 40 or 50K to the mix it would greatly enhance the lifestyle. She has shown interest in farangs in the past including me but I'm not interested in marrying anyone.

She doesn't "need" help with payments. I only made the point that this would be a safer bet for a farang than going all in building a new house himself.

Cheers.

I understand your comments. The Isaan men in her village are uneducated and don't interest here as people. They don't have the drive she has.

I know she isn't broke because she often buys something for her school and most recently a really good ping pong table and supplies. She also continues to landscape her new home. Most recently she put in a concrete pond. She has been buying furniture for her home. She has some kind of an administrative job and a master's degree and earns more than most Thais in a school.

She's a really nice and "for real" gal and I don't think she'd put financial heat on a farang if he had limited means. If he could just bring in another 40 or 50K to the mix it would greatly enhance the lifestyle. She has shown interest in farangs in the past including me but I'm not interested in marrying anyone.

She doesn't "need" help with payments. I only made the point that this would be a safer bet for a farang than going all in building a new house himself.

Cheers.

40 or 50k per month or year ???????

Cheers.

LOL. Baht per month which would qualify for a marriage extension.

Cheers.

Never Sure, it seems that plenty of foreigners prefer the "ordinary way", meet a bar girl who's sooo different to all the others, marry her, build a big house, buy cars, motorbikes and more.

There's a smaller town in Sisaket province where A:LL foreign wives were prostitutes and all of them built houses for them.

Some of them are in their third relationship with a foreigner, but they know absolutely nothing about their gambling attitude.

If I were single, I'd prefer a woman who's got a good job and a house. I had the good luck to find a fantastic farmer's daughter and married her 15 years ago.

She doesn't smoke, drink, nor does she gamble.

And I was never ever planning to get married before. My brothers and friends were the best examples for me not to get married.

I've met my wife when I wasn't looking for love. And we still love each other as we've just met.

Unfortunately, are there too many people who make statements that ALL Thai woman have to be whores when they marry a foreigner.

My Isaan wife is a very good woman and I'm more than happy that we found each other.

Our relationship isn't based on money, it's called love. I'm talking about love...Ain't Talkin" "Bout Love...

Cheers.

LOL. Baht per month which would qualify for a marriage extension.

With all due respect, I suggest she continues her affluent single life.

Not every farang came over here looking for a convenient companion, there are actually some who can look after themselves, cooking, cleaning, washing, it ain't rocket science.

A farang in Isaan can live very well with 40-50k a month without the burden of 'helping' a mature lady improve her already, comfortable lifestyle.

if you stay in Thailand with your Isaan Girl at least stay away from her Village !

Settle somewhere else and make sure she is busy even if that shop looses a bit of money !

and if she is/was a Bargirl expect her to be into that relationship for the cash and nothing more unless you manage to get her out of Thailand and show her different options somewhere else and then after 5-10 years PERHAPS you have a wife that loves you for what you did for her and the options you gave her .

i do live with my Issan wife now in Germany , she was never a Bargirl and did more or less much fit that description of the Single 30+ well educated Girl in a good Job that simply wasn't at all interested anymore in Thai Guys after getting disappointed by them all her live. She comes from a upper middle class family ( for sure not HiSo but also no farmers , the Siblings have good jobs and did visit University , they own their Houses and such and never ask for cash. Its more likely they give us money when we visit because they do know how much i did spent on the additional education in Germany so she can now work a good job here with a nice income ).

You can make that work with a Issaan Girl but if you stay in Thailand i think its very very hard unless its a pure "for Cash" relationship. And even here in Germany i dont know many couples that are still together. Most girls will "change" the Husband after a few years ;-) but also most of the time i do understand them very well. The Bargirls coming here plain have no clue how to make a living here and will fall for some other guy sooner or later often even worse than their Hubby and the well educated Girls will look for a guy like that here and often find that and discard the often old and not so bright Husband that did take them out of Thailand.

Pick a girl not too much younger, from a education level that you are also in with similar interests and work for a good relationship very very hard. Different culture , different customs and lots of problems await you both but i do think it is worth it if you manage that. Or just pick a girl you find attractive and in a few years change her to someone else ! if you live in Issaan you will always find find some willing to stay with you for some time ;-)

Just dont expect them to stay if you have problems ;-)

These Issan girls normally come from a poor family and are looking for some security. I think most will make an effort to extract a few dollars from their farang so they have something to call their own. It is however up to the farang how things will workout. He can give or resist and see where it goes. These girls do however have a way of getting all sweet or making you feel guilty and breaking you down until you give in and open the ATM. If the relationship started with a barfine then I think you already know the answer.

What a freaking bullshit post. "These Isaan girls"....sounds like "these Jihad warriors to me.

You might not be aware that the Isaan covers a third of Thailand's area? Which makes every third girl/ woman to one from Isaan.

I'm happily married since 15 years with a very good looking and intelligent Isaan woman. She never worked in a bar and we met in Khao Lak, where she was working for a resort.

I had many relationships in Europe, women with kids and women without kids. But I was never as happy as I am right now. Our relationship is not based on money and I don't give a flying kangaroo if you believe me, or not.

Not all of them end up in a bar, and offer their services to guys like you, for god's sake.

You get what you're looking for. Your post sounds so bitter, but it doesn't give you the right to say anything bad about my wife, or wives of other foreigners who're happily married and love to live in the northeast. Kau Tchai Boo?

How much do you really know about the Isaan and the girls here? Keep seated on your barstool and discuss your poor experience with people who are as intelligent as you are.

Finally, have you ever thought about the fact why so many "Western women" are looking for a guy with at least some money? Please stop your crusaders against Isaan women, I know quite a lot very good looking, well educated and single women here.

Oh, I understand your point. You fell in love with one, but she left you., because you're such a Kwaitoot . wai2.gif

Archived